Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #41
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Cynical
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
yeah, we were absolutely terrible. But I have to give credit to the Ravens, especially their defense, they played a complete game.
I'd like to give them the same amount of credit they give us when we win....absolutely none. In fact, I'd like to give them the same amount of respect as their scumbag coach gives us....absolutely none. Hope they enjoy their win cause in the end, I believe it will mean nothing as usual.

Oh yeah and I also hope the Steelers put Thuggs in his rightful place in November, that POS.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #42
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: This is a Joke!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
But remember Derrick Mason is like Hines Ward. Replacing him would hurt their offense significantly.
Ward showed up for this game. Brown did not. If you had your way, this game would have been even more lopsided.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #43
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
it's going to be that way for awhile until harrison is back to full strength. i have no faith in woodley being able to do anything without harrison commanding double and triple team
Exactly. Harrison's back is going to be a bigger problem than they're letting on.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #44
NCBlackWolf
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18115

Well what the heck do I know... Woodley named Steelers player of the week according to Steelers Digest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBlackWolf View Post
Very well said.

Woodley disappointed today. He wasn't playing hard at all. Just don't get it.
If you can't get up for this game, then there is some real issues and hand.
and I love the Beast.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #45
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,774 Times in 4,299 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
I'd like to give them the same amount of credit they give us when we win....absolutely none. In fact, I'd like to give them the same amount of respect as their scumbag coach gives us....absolutely none. Hope they enjoy their win cause in the end, I believe it will mean nothing as usual.

Oh yeah and I also hope the Steelers put Thuggs in his rightful place in November, that POS.
that's a good point, and I agree, it'd be nice to give them the same credit. As long as we don't stoop to their level and claim we actually won the game but just lost on the score board.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #46
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Just my general impression of the game. We got dominated on the line of scrimmage at both ends.
In the first half of the game, before it became a full on blowout, we were not stopping Rice or Ricky Williams. In addition to this, we were not getting pressure on Flacco and he was making spot on throws. Flacco looked excellent today, nothing like teh cretin who went into self destruct mode in the playoffs last year.

On the flip side, our offense couldn't give Ben any protection and worse than just being sacks, he was coughing the ball up and made several very questionable throws (the 2 INTs right to Reed and another one that Reed should have picked off in the first half).

Oddly enough we we're running the ball okay at the outset of the game but well behind so quickly that we had to abandon it. Our performance became a straight out farce in the second half as me and my friends started making predictions on how we'd cough the ball up to end the drive.

Basically, it was our worst nightmare as Steelers fans, to be undressed and sodomized in our greatest foe's house... it was humiliating to have the crowd jeering and chanting "Steelers suck".

Our only hope is that this deconstruction will serve as motivation to the guys going forward.
I'm personally a little worried about the defense. It's one thing to get picked apart by Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, but when we are not stopping the run and getting carved up by Flacco, it's cause for concern.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #47
Bthebluehen
Water Boy

Member Number: 18783
Default Get well soon

Dear Hines Ward,
Get well soon.
Sincerely,
Don't come across the middle
Bthebluehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #48
rgj
Starter

Member Number: 7995
My Mood: Cynical

I turned this game off after Ray "themurderer" Lewis' interception on the 2nd offensive (yep, 2nd) play in the 2nd half. One game? Of course. I am feeling all sorts of bad vibes about this team. I saw absolutely no heart, no ability, no pride in this team. It was as if this edition of the Pittsburgh Steelers suddenly became the Pittsburgh Bozos. They should give the Rooneys back one game's pay. They sure didn't play like the professionals they claim to be. I'm afraid it's gonna be a loooong season. Move over Bengirlies and Brownskids.....make room for the Softies. "Dey no care.....dey soff."
rgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #49
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgj View Post
It was as if this edition of the Pittsburgh Steelers suddenly became the Pittsburgh Bozos. They should give the Rooneys back one game's pay.
That's what it was like. They looked so slow, everybody (including myself) is thinking it's due to age, but this is the same team that played in January and February of this very year and didn't look slow. Even when we played poorly against teams (in the SB for example) we didn't look slow. I don't get it, it's been about 7 months older then they were last year.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #50
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPsteelers View Post
That was ugly.

Its just one game, not going to get overly concerned about it. Ravens were ready to play and we weren't. We've gotten lit up in Balt before.
That's precisely the reason to be concerned. We had all offseason to prepare for this game. The lockout was supposed to hurt the younger, less-experienced teams. Hell, the Ravens o-line was just thrown together.

I tell ya - there's something missing with Tomlin. I can't put a finger on it. I think the Steelers recent success has more to do with the quality veteran players he inherited, rather than his own ability to prepare a team for battle.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote