Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #51
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,764 Times in 1,790 Posts
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
That's precisely the reason to be concerned. We had all offseason to prepare for this game. The lockout was supposed to hurt the younger, less-experienced teams. Hell, the Ravens o-line was just thrown together.

I tell ya - there's something missing with Tomlin. I can't put a finger on it. I think the Steelers recent success has more to do with the quality veteran players he inherited, rather than his own ability to prepare a team for battle.
We'll soon find out.

I can understand not being ready for the first preseason game but opening day? It's inexcusable.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #52
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
We'll soon find out.

I can understand not being ready for the first preseason game but opening day? It's inexcusable.
Right. Certainly not the end of the world as we know it, but may be showing the end of this group of winners.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #53
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473

The Oline was manhandled by the Ravens Dline giving Ben and the receivers absolutely no time to develop a route and get open. Ben had to rush throws making them off target, and other time the Oline just got blown into the backfield(numerous times by Ngata) and Ravens were able to tip a bunch of passes like the Ray Lewis interception. There were a few throws where i really would like to know where the heck Ben was trying to throw the ball. Rashard was running well early, but falling down 14 early and 21 to 7 at halftime forced us to abandon the run game. And on defense we were manhandled early by the Ravens. 3 plays and a td. 1st play a 40yd run by Rice? come on how many times did anbody get a run that long against us? and all the announcers kept saying was how the Ravens oline hadnt played together yet. Well they looked pretty good throwing keisel and smith around at will. Hampton was by far the only dlinemen that caused any pressure. Harrison looked a step slow and tired, the entire defense looked a step slow. One example that sticks out to me is the TD pass to Dickson where Troy was running right along with him, but he couldnt keep up. Troy didnt look like Troy out there, and James didnt look like James. Ive been watching the Steelers for a long time now, and the team in Baltimore today was not the Steelers at all. Now i dont know if it was a poor week of practice, a poor game plan or just a plain poor game but i know that Tomlin wont let them forget this and a performance this bad wont happen again this year. Luckily we have somewhat of an easy schedule the rest of they way. And when Baltimore returns to Pitt in November the Steelers will be ready
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #54
Baltimore Ravens Fan
Banned

Member Number: 18789

Hello. Good game today, you guys may not be happy about it, but I sure am!

I am not here to brag, gloat or talk about the holes on the Steelers; but I am curious as to what you guys think about Troy Polamalu starting a fight with Ray Rice? I have the utmost respect for him normally (even though I think he's #2 to Ed Reed), but I just thought it was low of him to push Ray Rice a few times when he was at the bottom of the pile, just because the Steelers were getting blown out.

Other than the obvious fights between players like Ed Reed and Hines Ward that almost always happen, you don't see the Ravens players starting fights (by the way, there is a huge difference between a fight and shoving, pushing, etc.) when we've lost countless times to the Steelers in the regular season and the post-season when it really matters. Do you?
Baltimore Ravens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #55
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore Ravens Fan View Post

I am not here to brag, gloat or talk about the holes on the Steelers; but I am curious as to what you guys think about Troy Polamalu starting a fight with Ray Rice? I have the utmost respect for him normally (even though I think he's #2 to Ed Reed), but I just thought it was low of him to push Ray Rice a few times when he was at the bottom of the pile, just because the Steelers were getting blown out.

Other than the obvious fights between players like Ed Reed and Hines Ward that almost always happen, you don't see the Ravens players starting fights (by the way, there is a huge difference between a fight and shoving, pushing, etc.) when we've lost countless times to the Steelers in the regular season and the post-season when it really matters. Do you?
Hmmm...not here to gloat? But you are to stir the pot? Seriously...the Ravens never start fights?! I was at the game and watched Ray Rice pull Polamalu to the ground by his hair! Talk about a pu $ $y girls locker-room catfight move!

You want to talk game? The Ravens killed the Steelers. You wanna talk thugs? You guys win that one too!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #56
Baltimore Ravens Fan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Hmmm...not here to gloat? But you are to stir the pot? Seriously...the Ravens never start fights?! I was at the game and watched Ray Rice pull Polamalu to the ground by his hair! Talk about a pu $ $y girls locker-room catfight move!

You want to talk game? The Ravens killed the Steelers. You wanna talk thugs? You guys win that one too!
Someone seems butt-hurt. I asked a simple question. What your gold homer shades may have seen and what everyone else saw on national television is very different. Ray Rice was at the bottom of the pile, waiting for everyone to get off of him, Troy Polamalu pushed him down twice, when Ray Rice got up, he body slammed Troy Polamalu and they started to fight on the ground.

I'm also not sure what you're talking about with thugs and all that bullshit, I'll take a blow-out win over less "thugs".
Old 09-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #57
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:

Seriously? The Ravens are one of if not THE thuggiest teams out there. Ben's broken nose and a coach that was happy about that? Pulese...you won a regular season game, it was bound to happen. Be excited because it rarely happens and it probably won't happen again this year, but don't be overconfident...it means nothing. BTW Thuggs already making stupid comments to fire up the Steelers in November. Hope he keeps it up,
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #58
Baltimore Ravens Fan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
Seriously? The Ravens are one of if not THE thuggiest teams out there. Ben's broken nose and a coach that was happy about that? Pulese...you won a regular season game, it was bound to happen. Be excited because it rarely happens and it probably won't happen again this year, but don't be overconfident...it means nothing. BTW Thuggs already making stupid comments to fire up the Steelers in November. Hope he keeps it up,
Ben's broken nose was the result of a defensive lineman having his hands up in the air to block any possible passes and he happened to hit him in the face, like Haloti Ngata did when Ray Lewis got one of three interceptions. Suggs hasn't been fined for any dirty hits or opening his big mouth like James Harrison has, so I don't know why you're calling him "Thuggs", but what can I expect from a homer?

Also, nowhere in my post did I show I was overconfident or gloating. But you're just delusional and pissed off.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #59
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Someone seems butt-hurt. I asked a simple question. What your gold homer shades may have seen and what everyone else saw on national television is very different. Ray Rice was at the bottom of the pile, waiting for everyone to get off of him, Troy Polamalu pushed him down twice, when Ray Rice got up, he body slammed Troy Polamalu and they started to fight on the ground.

I'm also not sure what you're talking about with thugs and all that bullshit, I'll take a blow-out win over less "thugs".
I'm sorry - didn't you just inform the rest of us that "pushing isn't fighting?" So, Troy pushes poor wittle Way Wice & litte Way Wice body slams Troy? Who started the fight? Remember, pushing isn't fighting. Your rules. Not mine.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #60
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Ben's broken nose was the result of a defensive lineman having his hands up in the air to block any possible passes and he happened to hit him in the face, like Haloti Ngata did when Ray Lewis got one of three interceptions. Suggs hasn't been fined for any dirty hits or opening his big mouth like James Harrison has, so I don't know why you're calling him "Thuggs", but what can I expect from a homer?

Also, nowhere in my post did I show I was overconfident or gloating. But you're just delusional and pissed off.
Pissed off - yes. Delusional? No more than you are coming on here and expecting us to welcome your crap with open arms. Go away. Come back when you win your next Super Bowl.