Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
SteelCurtain0815
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15238
Default Offense

Terrible game planning today by none other than Bruce Arians. Granted, our defense didn't play well, but they were on the field all day. 7 turnovers? You have got to be kidding me! Roethlisberger might have had his worst game of his career. 4 balls batted down at the line of scrimmage and throwing it up for grabs numerous times. I really hope this is just a case of our team not being ready to go. I believe that is what it is and we will get it together next weekend.

Another thought, I hate to say it but Hines is almost useless. I don't like seeing him take time from Brown and Sanders. He can't create any separation and is used as only a decoy. Why wasn't Heath involved more? I know he had to help on Suggs, but it was just ridiculous. Sorry to all, but I have to vent.
SteelCurtain0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542
Default Re: Offense

Big Ben has had worse games than today (like Super Bowl 40).

don't think the playcalling had anything to do with today. OL (esp Leguarsky) was terrible. They need to pick it up.

Hines is not useless.
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPsteelers View Post

don't think the playcalling had anything to do with today. OL (esp Leguarsky) was terrible. They need to pick it up.

Hines is not useless.
I don't care what statistics say, Ben's SB40 was 10 times better than the game he played today. This was the worst I can ever remember Ben looking. I haven't shaken my head at him on plays the way I did today since probably the 2006 season. He had numerous chances to make certain plays and get his team back in the game and just threw them all away.

I think he'll get better and I think today was a fluke (at least offensively, I've seen this poor defense coming from a mile away) but damn he looked bad today.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I don't care what statistics say, Ben's SB40 was 10 times better than the game he played today. This was the worst I can ever remember Ben looking. I haven't shaken my head at him on plays the way I did today since probably the 2006 season. He had numerous chances to make certain plays and get his team back in the game and just threw them all away.

I think he'll get better and I think today was a fluke (at least offensively, I've seen this poor defense coming from a mile away) but damn he looked bad today.

Big Ben couldn't complete a pass in that game. Totally absurd to think he was worse today than Super Bowl 40. ABSURD
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Cant turn it over 7 times last I checked. Arians didnt fumble the ball did he?

BB had us back in the SB up to the fumble by mendy, no better how bad you think he played, he still had the opp to pull it out. The wr's couldnt line up in a no huddle, they had no clue.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Big Ben couldn't complete a pass in that game. Totally absurd to think he was worse today than Super Bowl 40. ABSURD
SB40 was not a bright spot statistically in his career but he still made some nice, clutch throws for conversions and kept his team in the game. Today he turned it over every time he got the ball and was throwing the ball nowhere near his targets.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #7
3rdandlong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17001

Hines is useless? Last I remember he was making a lot more catches than Brown. Brown had one catch.

As for Bruce Arians, how many times is he going to line up without a back to protect Ben and pick up the blitz? Ben looked like crap today. He holds the ball too long. He was missing receivers.
3rdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
Mick0311
Banned

Member Number: 18800

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdandlong View Post
Hines is useless? Last I remember he was making a lot more catches than Brown. Brown had one catch.

As for Bruce Arians, how many times is he going to line up without a back to protect Ben and pick up the blitz? Ben looked like crap today. He holds the ball too long. He was missing receivers.
That's what I didn't understand. Rarely was thee help back there after it was obvious that the O-line was getting abused. Our O-line has been back and forth the last few years, but we would drop help. I see Arians gets a lot of crap around here. Is he that bad?
Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Yeah, why the hell did Arians gameplan 7 turnovers? That's a pretty god damn stupid idea for an offensive coordinator.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #10
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:

Hines is not useless.
Super Bowl 40 Really?, There were two plays in that game , that basically was the reason we won, made by Ben, which trump the Ravens game Sunday. Play 1 late in the first half, 3rd and 28, he scrambles and throws across the field to hines for a 1st down at the Seabags 3. Led to a TD. Play 2, throws a vital and key block to allow ARE to throw to hines for the TD that put the game away. Statistics never tell the whole story when it comes to Ben.
That, IMO , trumps his poor play on Sunday.

Play calling was not good, too many empty sets, too many bubble screens etc

I do ageree with you on Hines, he is definately not useless.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote