Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #41
lasvegasguy
Water Boy

Member Number: 16394
Default Re: Ravens Going for Two Point Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC042 View Post
Pretty funny comment on the Steelers performance yesterday. But check out the Random Musings. Dead on, stupid move by Harbaugh.
If the Ravens are ever down by two needing a two point conversion I am sure they aren't going to line up for an extra point and run this play for two.

This was a meaningless play to rub it in. They saw our tendencies on tape and exploited it. I only wish our coaches were smart enough to pick up on these type of things from viewing the tapes
lasvegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #42
lasvegasguy
Water Boy

Member Number: 16394
Default Re: Ravens' Fake Extra Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishSteel View Post
The Ravens made us pay for being crap. Don't like it? Don't be crap.

Of course the other side of the coin is that if the Steelers put 45 points on the Ravens in November, then that's just football too, and I doubt they'll have any mercy come the return game. Tomlin will have stored that away, for returning with interest.
Tomlin is a douche. I think you are giving the guy too much credit.
lasvegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #43
Mick0311
Banned

Member Number: 18800

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegasguy View Post
If the Ravens are ever down by two needing a two point conversion I am sure they aren't going to line up for an extra point and run this play for two.

This was a meaningless play to rub it in. They saw our tendencies on tape and exploited it. I only wish our coaches were smart enough to pick up on these type of things from viewing the tapes
If you "need" two, you don't line up for the extra point. Most of the time, it is obvious that you need two, and you line up just like any other non-kicking play. The play was not meaningless. Making it a 4 possesion game that late pretty much put it out of reach. That, plus the fact that it was basically free points sitting there asking to be taken. I wouldn't read too much into it. When you get beat by the Steelers in the playoffs the way you did, you don't leave free points laying on the field.
Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #44
Bill Cowher's Jaw
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick0311 View Post
If you "need" two, you don't line up for the extra point.
True but there are situations where you don't "need" two but two would be great to have. Say for example you were down 21-10 in the third quarter and scored a touchdown to make it 21-16. Most teams would simply kick the extra point to make it 21-17 cause you aren't supposed to chase points you don't need. But a team that has a fake prepared might fake in that situation to make it 21-18.
Bill Cowher's Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #45
Mick0311
Banned

Member Number: 18800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cowher's Jaw View Post
True but there are situations where you don't "need" two but two would be great to have. Say for example you were down 21-10 in the third quarter and scored a touchdown to make it 21-16. Most teams would simply kick the extra point to make it 21-17 cause you aren't supposed to chase points you don't need. But a team that has a fake prepared might fake in that situation to make it 21-18.
No doubt.
Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #46
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Humiliating your opponent is not to be underestimated. It's called "shock and awe" in other fields.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #47
RavensD
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11573

Hate to say it, but I think it's kind of rubbing it in. We only pull that play when we're well ahead and there's not much chance of a comeback.
RavensD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #48
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensD View Post
Hate to say it, but I think it's kind of rubbing it in. We only pull that play when we're well ahead and there's not much chance of a comeback.
Weird hearing that from a Ravens fan. I think it was too frankly but I am also of the mind that you gotta stop it too if teams are going to pull that and we couldn't stop that so I am not gonna blast Harbaugh too much for it. Though we did later stop the fourth and one. I think there was a lot of emotion on the Ravens side in the game. Just an observation, I think the playoff game last season really gnawed at them all off season. Blowing a 21-7 is tough and even tougher against a rival and in the playoffs to boot.
GMU Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #50
Moose
Water Boy

Member Number: 18658

I really don't think they were rubbing our nose in it. I think they figured the steeler's are capable of coming back from a deficiet and just figured that extra 1 point would come in handy. Don't forget the steeler's came back from a big deficiet in another came against the ratbirds. As far as as 'saving' it for another time down the road, I don't think it will be a big deal, no one laid a hand on him so it would be interesting to see if anyone could pick up that play again.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote