Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-12-2011, 12:01 AM   #11
SunshineMan21
Starter

Member Number: 9294
Default Re: Run Def wasnt that bad

Yes, it was that bad. Everyone just looked lost and slow, like they were playing a pick-up game. No intensity.
SunshineMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:41 AM   #12
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
when your own "O" hands your own "D" 7 Turnovers, + the obvious fact that the "D" has been basically on field 80% of the time, and getting tired, then what the heck did u expect from any Defense ?!
The Defense was not good, but read above line again,. and tell me just how much better could they possibly try to be.
Run Def was as good as it was gonna get, under those circumstances.

all I know is 7 -Turnovers is ridiculous, and the Steelers should embarassingly burn that fact tonite into their memory banks, especially Ben.
Ben's post-game comments sounded feebly childish, with silly little excuses, no kudos there.
Hey Ben, just admit it, they killed you, fair n' square. just move on.
Well, we'll all see soon, regular season has just started.
I like the optimism form you there , but 7 turnovers or not. Our D stunk, and right from the opening drive. Our Line was pushed around, our LB's were slow and out of position, our DB's (exception was Ike) were awful and out of position. I think it would have been worse for our D today with out turnovers, they wold have piled up more yardage on us, We didn't answer the bell today.
But it is only one game and I am certain we will bounce back.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:40 AM   #13
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Bet Smith and Keisel both start this week!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:09 AM   #14
SouthTexasSteel
Water Boy

Member Number: 12193

I don't think the D looked old, it looked out of shape!! Lets face it, all this nonsense about "time-off" helping the older guys is BS. Yes our D averages right at 31 years old, but what I saw yesterday comes from no off season training and very little game playing time during the pre-season, not being old and slow. I knew this shit was going to happen! When you are a younger D you can jump back in the saddle a bit quicker. This D is going to be fine........ once it gets into game shape!!! I'm just glad we are facing Seattle and a sucky Indy team on this 7 game run leading up to the Pats. The Texans may well lay a whoopin' on us as well if we can't keep our D off the field like in this game. If we take this one game at a time, AND PLAY SMART Steelers football, I think we very well could be 5 - 2 going into the Pats/Ravens back to back games. If not 4 - 3 or 3 - 4 is a very real possibility. Just my 2 centavos!!! Nov 6th will be a MUCH different story... book it!!
SouthTexasSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #15
Aussie Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17896

that run defense was so bad from the get-go. really freed up the pass for baltimore. our defense got absolutely trashed.
Aussie Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #16
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy jr View Post
Is it just me or does Mendenhall cough up the ball every time we play you guys?
Yeah, that misplay and fumble had nothing to do with Mendy. There was absolutely nothing he could do under those circumstances. That was all on the center and Ben.

As to the thread...I agree that a big part of the reason they were so bad was due to them being on the field (and a lot of short fields) too much. But even taking that into consideration, they were still pretty bad...right from the get go too.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote