Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
Hayeksheroes
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 277
Member Number: 15387
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Steelers Tired and Rusty

Steelers looked like Penn. Community college. 7 turnovers. Harrison is a step slow. Aaron Smith is too old. Please retire. Thank you for all the great years. Ben looks worse than a rookie. You can't just throw it up there. The OL is full of holes. Awful.
Gay , McFadden, please replace.

What is Arians doing coaching at this level? Please tell me.

Steelers at this rate are going 2-14 or 3-13. No seriously, what was that today?
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,548
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 526
Thanked 1,368 Times in 568 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Tired and Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayeksheroes View Post
Steelers looked like Penn. Community college. 7 turnovers. Harrison is a step slow. Aaron Smith is too old. Please retire. Thank you for all the great years. Ben looks worse than a rookie. You can't just throw it up there. The OL is full of holes. Awful.
Gay , McFadden, please replace.

What is Arians doing coaching at this level? Please tell me.

Steelers at this rate are going 2-14 or 3-13. No seriously, what was that today?
The Buffalo Bills kicked New England's ass, 31-0 in the 2003 opener. New England went on to win the Super Bowl.

It's one game. We weren't in Balty's league today. This was their everything today. They won't look that good the rest of the season and we certainly won't look that bad. Back to the drawing board, we'll be alright.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
SH-Rock
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,820
Member Number: 15497
Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,196 Times in 481 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Tired and Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
The Buffalo Bills kicked New England's ass, 31-0 in the 2003 opener. New England went on to win the Super Bowl.

It's one game. We weren't in Balty's league today. This was their everything today. They won't look that good the rest of the season and we certainly won't look that bad. Back to the drawing board, we'll be alright.
Excellent point made Stainless. We should all be looking at Tomlin. We know the team is capable, and when a good team loses it's usually to coaching/discipline. So let's see how Tomlin how he addresses this adversity, hopefully like previous years. Let's hope he bring "hell this year and uh December".
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
Baltimore Ravens Fan
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 77
Member Number: 18789
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Tired and Rusty

I don't think the Steelers have anything to worry about this season as far as losing that badly again or not going above .500 or something like that, but I would be worried about your offensive line play and cornerbacks.

I was suprised they didn't address the cornerback situation in the Draft. They had Aaron Williams from Texas there for the taking, he would have been a great addition!
Baltimore Ravens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #5
Hayeksheroes
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 277
Member Number: 15387
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Tired and Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH-Rock View Post
Excellent point made Stainless. We should all be looking at Tomlin. We know the team is capable, and when a good team loses it's usually to coaching/discipline. So let's see how Tomlin how he addresses this adversity, hopefully like previous years. Let's hope he bring "hell this year and uh December".
I expect better from these veterans. This is not a rookie team.
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 10,264
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,732
Thanked 6,469 Times in 2,748 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Steelers Tired and Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore Ravens Fan View Post
I don't think the Steelers have anything to worry about this season as far as losing that badly again or not going above .500 or something like that, but I would be worried about your offensive line play and cornerbacks.

I was suprised they didn't address the cornerback situation in the Draft. They had Aaron Williams from Texas there for the taking, he would have been a great addition!
They did a good job on the draft imo. Heyward was a good pick because I don't see kiesel lasting too much longer before he needs to be replaced, our D-line is old. marcus gilbert was taken in rd 2 to help our o-line, and picks 3&4 were good. curtis brown looked good in preseason and I expect him to get some play time midway through the season
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,548
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 526
Thanked 1,368 Times in 568 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Tired and Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayeksheroes View Post
I expect better from these veterans. This is not a rookie team.
The sky isn't falling. This is something to where EVERY sing wheel fell off. We moved the ball at times but the turnovers were laughable and it was just bad play from the Steelers all around. We turned the ball over 3 times in the redzone. You can't expect that to translate all season. It's fixable, we just have to be more in-tune limit turnovers to give ourselves rhythm and chance. We didn't have it today, but next time, we will. Baltimore played their best, we played our worst. So be it. Nothing that is make or break.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #8
Hayeksheroes
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 277
Member Number: 15387
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Tired and Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
The sky isn't falling. This is something to where EVERY sing wheel fell off. We moved the ball at times but the turnovers were laughable and it was just bad play from the Steelers all around. We turned the ball over 3 times in the redzone. You can't expect that to translate all season. It's fixable, we just have to be more in-tune limit turnovers to give ourselves rhythm and chance. We didn't have it today, but next time, we will. Baltimore played their best, we played our worst. So be it. Nothing that is make or break.
I hope you are right. This is a disciplined team that played undisplinced football. What can Tomlin do in a week to fix the problems?
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #9
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,155
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,664
Thanked 4,966 Times in 1,848 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Tired and Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
The Buffalo Bills kicked New England's ass, 31-0 in the 2003 opener. New England went on to win the Super Bowl.

It's one game. We weren't in Balty's league today. This was their everything today. They won't look that good the rest of the season and we certainly won't look that bad. Back to the drawing board, we'll be alright.
They also didn't have airhead as an oc.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #10
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,637
Member Number: 11678
Thanks: 56
Thanked 59 Times in 41 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Steelers Tired and Rusty

well perhaps having 18 days off from their last game didnt help much. I hate that the starters dont play in the last preseason game.

Was Hood even on the field? I watched and looked for him and didnt see him. Please tell me smith isnt the man in full now. Because he is washed up
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts