Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-12-2011, 01:09 AM   #11
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760
Default Re: Can We All Stop Freaking Out?

Accept the whipping, and move on. Lee Evans wasn't a factor. Boldin, Rice and the TE's beat us. Clearly they went at the the weakness. Farrior in space. The good thing is we'll have alot of tape on them the next time. No team can win with 7 turnovers. I think the defense figured it out, but Ben, Scott and Legursky killed any momentum we had. Look for Gilbert to start this week

Foote for Farrior wasn't the move. Neither one is good in space against a TE. I say give Sylvester some minutes.

Seahawks this week. Let the Ravens fans crow about their regular season Super Bowl.
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:03 AM   #12
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Tomlin will never set his vets....
Old 09-12-2011, 02:11 AM   #13
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886

If we don't pound the seahawks and comfortably, then its going to be a long season

They're tailor made for us or what used to be us

Big Gut check time.....how bad do you want it this year Steelers???

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:11 AM   #14
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
Foote for Farrior wasn't the move. Neither one is good in space against a TE. I say give Sylvester some minutes.
I saw Sylvester getting beat fairly consistently by RBs and TEs in the preseason as well.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:16 AM   #15
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
I saw Sylvester getting beat fairly consistently by RBs and TEs in the preseason as well.
Sylvester has the speed to cover. It's just a matter of getting reps and knowing patterns. But as we all know, it's kind of hard when you're sitting on the bench watching Larry Slow-A Foote lost in the flats and arm tackling everyone who runs straight at him.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:48 AM   #16
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,100 Times in 572 Posts

Not covering, not stopping the run is not the issue. That shit happens some times. The issue is, the Steelers have had 10 turnovers in their last 2 games. Big Ben is turning into jake Delhomme in the turnover department. It is getting really bad and frustrating. Its todays game on why i felt so sick after losing the Super Bowl. If the Steelers beat the Packers, this season, let alone the Ravens game, is a little tolerable. Because this crew would have won 3 titles and if they didnt win another one, hey, they did an amazing job getting 3. Now, I know 2 is nothing to balk at, but when you are in the last game, not winning it is a lost opportunity. So, we will see what happens.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:50 AM   #17
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,473 Times in 2,751 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i wouldn't go as far as calling him jake delhomme yet, ben will bounce back.

but i agree, it's frustrating. he needs to be smarter with the football than he was today
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:20 AM   #18
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Sylvester has the speed to cover. It's just a matter of getting reps and knowing patterns. But as we all know, it's kind of hard when you're sitting on the bench watching Larry Slow-A Foote lost in the flats and arm tackling everyone who runs straight at him.
I to would have like to see Sylvester in there a bit as well, however this loss can't be put at the foot of one or two players, other posters already on the Gay/BMAC bash -a -thon. they all stunk, the only player on D that was worth a shiite was Ike. Woodley and Timmons looked slow and unprepared, Troy was undisciplined, Keisel and Smith were getting blown off the ball.
I wanted to see hayward, Hood, Allen, Lewis in the game as well. It was ugly and is done now, move on. We got our butts kicked by the ratbirds in game 2 in 2004, and ended up 15-1. I am not saying we have a 15-1 team but this is only 1 game and if we can get ourselves back down to earth this game will be looked at down the road as the game that did us a favor
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:08 AM   #19
BIGNASTY91
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18495
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
LOL, the freaker outers. NICE. Am I the only one not too worried about this? I actually felt like we needed to be humbled. Thanks Baltimore, this will only get us better.
I am so pissed at the loss, and how we played. But ill admit this might actually be a good thing? They had there asses handed to them sunday! Maybe it will open there eyes and bring back down a notch and just get back to what they do best, Smashmouth football!!!!!!! This one hurt really bad, but if they step back and look it could be what this team needed to propell them through the season!
BIGNASTY91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #20
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Obviously something has to be done about the O-line. That was the catalyst of the whole problem because it was the cause of the turnovers. Get Flozell back in here, move Colon to left tackle or guard and let the rookie play. Even Essex should be given a shot. He is certainly better than Scott. Surely that would not be as bad a line as it was . The D was on the field way too long in this game which makes you look slow. Ben needs to do a better job back there. Ratbirds were ready to play. Steelers were not. Pretty simple.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote