Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #11
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,179 Times in 3,450 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: When's the last time Ben had a great game ?

The Steelers had a winning record last year. They made it to the Superbowl. I think Ben must have been all right last year. I'm not looking for him to put together great stats, just win. And he has been a winner throughout his career, without putting up great numbers every game. I don't think we need to be concerned about who we have at QB, but who we have at O-line and DB.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #12
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghkid72 View Post
Whens everyone going to stop blaming the Oline ...you mean the the same Oline that was in the super bowl last year.
Had the same secondary in the Super Bowl too.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #13
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

the oline was bad yesterday, but they've had far worse games before.. Ben's INTs if i recall, where while he was in open space.. the throws were all off-balance and thrown with poor mechanics.. i know that's his style and all, but those throws were all short of the receivers by several yards. they just made you go, "who the **** is he throwing to?" that's how bad they were. it should have been four because Reed dropped a fairly easy one.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #14
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Just because the O line was in the SB that doesn't mean they were good. Since 2008, maybe even earlier, the O line has been bad. Why do you think Ben is known for throwing on the run and making plays happen, because there is never a pocket, he is always running. You can play with some weaknesses ( secondary, O line) and still win it, but not year in and year out. The line was about as bad as I have seen it. You can't say we shouldn't blame the O line, our QB is on the run every play, most QB's suck on the run, ours is on the run every play. This game he made some bad decisions, as he did in the SB, but the O line is the main fault.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #15
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

Why does everyone blame the line all the time? I understand they are terrible but it was Ben who was bad yesterday. Those three interceptions were his fault...he had time, hell on the first Ed Reed pick almost everyone on the defense for Bmore was fooled.

Everyone jumps on his side like he is Mr. Everything. He is human but throws a lot of picks in big games. Two picks in every SB and had a large number of picks in all his post season games. The line is a huge part of our issues...but the run game was working fine until the Steelers stopped using it.

Ben himself says all the sacks and problems are only half because of the line and the other half is on him. Besides if he would cut some pay and the linebackers would take some pay cuts maybe they could pay for a big time lineman. Everyone wants to complain but no one wants to drop any cash so that they can upgrade the position.

It takes money to do that...something the Steelers are lacking right now.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #16
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghkid72 View Post
Whens everyone going to stop blaming the Oline ...you mean the the same Oline that was in the super bowl last year.
Yeah, put all the blame on the quarterback. After all, he wasn't in the Super Bowl last year.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #17
effyou515
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18713

Ben's first Superbowl. lol

12/20/09 Green Bay game 29 of 46 504 yards.
effyou515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #18
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Quote:
Originally Posted by effyou515 View Post
Ben's first Superbowl. lol

12/20/09 Green Bay game 29 of 46 504 yards.
Ah yes. That game was a heart attack to watch but I was so happy with the outcome. I would have killed for the Super Bowl to have turned out like that.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #19
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

PittsburghKid72 = Raven Troll

Enjoy your win yesterday troll, all it means is that your team is 1-0 (I guess that's cause for celebrating since beating us is the closest your team will ever get to winning another SB).
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #20
pittsburghkid72
Banned

Member Number: 18798

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Just because the O line was in the SB that doesn't mean they were good. Since 2008, maybe even earlier, the O line has been bad. Why do you think Ben is known for throwing on the run and making plays happen, because there is never a pocket, he is always running. You can play with some weaknesses ( secondary, O line) and still win it, but not year in and year out. The line was about as bad as I have seen it. You can't say we shouldn't blame the O line, our QB is on the run every play, most QB's suck on the run, ours is on the run every play. This game he made some bad decisions, as he did in the SB, but the O line is the main fault.
Our Qb is on the run every play because he cant make a read quick enough..... he has to run to play backyard football. Thats his game. His pocket passing is terrible, take off the black and gold sunglasses !
pittsburghkid72 is offline   Reply With Quote