Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #41
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,409 Posts
Default Re: When's the last time Ben had a great game ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteel View Post
Yeah it's never Ben's fault! Sorry, but Manning or Brady would throw for 400 yards a game behind that line.
this is as bad as a dumper comment.

have you seen manning and brady's o line over the past 5-10 years... best in the nfl year in and year our...

what justification do you have to think brady or manning would do well behind our o line? its not like they are very mobile,

maybe a rodgers, or vick would be the only guys useful in our offense with that stinkfest of an o an d line.

i thought games are one and lost in the trenches, guess we didnt get the memo on that
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #42
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

I posted in prior threads that I hate seeing the damned musical chairs they play with the line. Scott missed half the preseason games, Kemo too, Pouncy too, Legursky wasn't put in the 1st string until the 3rd game, was Colon in with the 1st stringers in every preseason game? So now they will have to do something with RT. It's not impossible for this line to start to gel in a few games, but they definitely need to play together and not have a constant rotation of men.

Marcia Brady threw for over 500 yards last night ... because she not only had 4-5 seconds to throw ... she has hours to sit in that pocket ... that chick was having a beer and sandwich in the backfield and even had time to find change for a tip in her big purse she carries with her.

Ben missed a huge opportunity on a blitz when he threw a hot route pass at Brown's feet. It appeared that Brown would have had a lot of open space in front of him had that pass been on the mark. But for the most part, Ben didn't have time to get set.

I'm still stunned on that Mendy fumble. Very much reminded me of his fumble in the SB. Johnson ran right past the d-tackle that made the hit just like he ran past Matthews in the SB. As a lead blocker, your taught to plow into the first defender you come across. He seems to miss those and that makes me miss a true FB (like Kreider ... aahh, the good old days).
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:41 PM   #43
Bill Cowher's Jaw
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18472

Divisional round against Baltimore last year was his last great game. Total team effort....but his clutch 3rd and 19 pass was the play of the game.
Bill Cowher's Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote