Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #11
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: One AWESOME thing about that Ravens game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
No, the one awesome thing is that I'm drinking considerably less than when they dominate. Losing some weight, too. Nice.
HAHA......im drinkin more

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #12
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

Well there wasn't just one awesome thing. There were so many awesome things. Flacco's passing, Ray Rice's running, the Ravens defense, Ed Reed......

Before I depart until the next Steelers Ravens game, here is a tidbit I'd like to leave you guys with. I can tell most of you don't like John Harbaugh. But after this game you should at least respect him.

After the Ravens lost another heartbreaker to the Steelers in January, Harbaugh decided not to just get mad.
He decided to get even. The Ravens rebuilt their team over the off season, for the express purpose of matching up well with the Steelers, to beat the Steelers. And not just to beat them, to beat them badly, so there would be no more last minute losses. The games cannot be left to a bad call by the ref, or a lucky blind side hit on the QB in the closing seconds of the game. Harbaugh decided to wipe the Steelers out and the Ravens brass worked for that specific goal.

Even if the Ravens don't match quite up as well against other teams besides the Steelers this season, they are a powerhouse team. If the Ravens beat the Steelers twice, it will pretty much guarantee the Ravens the division. Because the other teams are weak.

But Harbaugh can say it better than I can.. here is an excerpt from his Baltimore Magazine interview this month. . his words were prophetic.
And it is clear from reading this that John Harbaugh wants a repeat performance in Heinz field in November. Not just a win, but Beat Down, Part II.
I would not bet against the man.

http://www.baltimoremagazine.net/peo.../09/life-coach

"We've gotta find a way to beat the Steelers," he says. "We've gotta get so much better than them that we bury them the next time we play, and then we come back and bury them again and again. Whatever we gotta do to put our foot on their throat and not let them up. When you walk out there and 75,000 Terrible Towels are waving and they've got the music going, that song they do by Styx, 'Renegade'—I hate that song! But it gets you fired up because you want to be in that situation."
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,157 Times in 3,479 Posts

harbaugh has gon as far as hating a styx song? LMAO!!!!

what a puss. he worries about far too many insignificant things to ever get his team in a superbowl.

really??? whining about 75,000 terrible towels?

next thing you know, he'll be crying that mike tomlins dick is bigger than his.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #14
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Later, troll.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #15
Lambertfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 914

The game should be played on every tv/monitor on the southside even the unirals and crappers..Hienz Field big screens screens on the parkways...etc...
He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983)
Lambertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,157 Times in 3,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
I'm guessing you've never been on a competitive sports team and had that 'rivalry' with another team.
im guessing you have never coached a competive sports team and had to deal with such a loss as the ultimate leader.

the weak players are the ones who need the motivation you speak of. however, i dont want any of those weak players on my team in the first place.

why watch it over and over, when youve already lived it?

great coaches like chuck noll would agree.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #17
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
I can tell most of you don't like John Harbaugh. But after this game you should at least respect him.

After the Ravens lost another heartbreaker to the Steelers in January, Harbaugh decided not to just get mad.
He decided to get even.
Ummm...isn't that the job description of "head coach"? It took him until an 0-6 record against Ben Roethlisberger to get tough and finally decide he is sick of getting beaten by the Steelers?

You may not like Mike Tomlin, BUT AT LEAST HE DIDN'T B1TCH AND COMPLAIN TO THE NFL ABOUT HAVING TO GO TO M&T BANK STADIUM IN WEEK 1 IN FRONT OF A HOSTILE CROWD....UNLIKE SOME OTHER GUYS I KNOW OF WHOSE LAST NAME STARTS WITH "HAR" AND ENDS WITH "BAUGH".

Old 09-14-2011, 01:16 AM   #18
JustinM
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18803

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im guessing you have never coached a competive sports team and had to deal with such a loss as the ultimate leader.

the weak players are the ones who need the motivation you speak of. however, i dont want any of those weak players on my team in the first place.

why watch it over and over, when youve already lived it?

great coaches like chuck noll would agree.
obviously you've never been God who is in charge of all coaches in the world. Motivation makes strong players only stronger.
JustinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:06 AM   #19
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklandrules View Post
No, I would say the awesome part of this game is that the Steelers now know what it feels like to be violently gang raped in a prison shower ... and they don't want that feeling again.