Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #11
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Dolphin's Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
I hear what you are saying Cleve and your right I would hope any teams fan base would have faith in their team. But saying the Phins are going to beat the Steelers 24-7 in Pittsburgh. I think thats a bit extreme. Not that Steelers fans are ever extreme.
True, but at least thier fan base cannot be blamed for the screw up R.Williams, that just ruined everything for them
Old 06-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #12
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
True, but at least thier fan base cannot be blamed for the screw up R.Williams, that just ruined everything for them
Yea Ricky did screw them over. But they do have Ronnie Brown to fall back on. The Phins need a healthy Culpepper. Granted Daunte was stinking the joint up with the Vikings before his terrible injury. But noway the Phins go anywhere with Mr. Harrington at QB. Phins fans should be excited though. Nick Saban did do a good job as coach in his first season. I don't think the Phins over take the Pats for the AFC East just yet. But they are headed in the right direction under Saban.

That first game for the Phins though is going to be rough one for them. Steelers in Pittsburgh in their first game in defense of their Title. Steelers are going to very pumped and ready to take it to the Dolphins.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #13
StillerPaul
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 821

There is no way we lose on opening night. The crowd and players will be super charged. It's our first game back from an amazing Super Bowl run. We have the best QB in the NFL and he is totally surrounded by homerun hitters. In years past, yeah, we would get caught being over-confident. But no longer. Not with this team and this QB.

Miami has comparable talent to us ??? They better check their D, WR's, O-line and QB positions again. LOL
Old 06-04-2006, 07:02 PM   #14
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!! HERE WE GO!!!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #15
Jimmy James
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2386

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Yeah, I recall Colt fans stating the exact same thing the second time around in Indy. Let them talk all they want. Talk is cheap. Sunday night in Pittsburgh is all that matters to me.
If you show up Sunday night, you're going to be about three days late, chief.

Now on to the topic in general...I personally want to see Cleo Lemon start the game so the headline will read:

Saban Takes Lemon, Makes Lemonade

when we win.

I think it's going to be a thrilling way to open the season. The Steelers better come out of the gate strong because that's exactly what my Dolphins do.
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:06 PM   #16
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Whoops, Thursday night. Please forgive me.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #17
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
The Steelers better come out of the gate strong because that's exactly what my Dolphins do.
Yeah it stinks for us. On opening day in front of the home crowd after coming off a Super Bowl victory our boys tend to be depressed, scared, tired and out of shape.

I'm concerned....

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 06-04-2006 at 07:14 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #18
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
If you show up Sunday night, you're going to be about three days late, chief.

Now on to the topic in general...I personally want to see Cleo Lemon start the game so the headline will read:

Saban Takes Lemon, Makes Lemonade

when we win.

I think it's going to be a thrilling way to open the season. The Steelers better come out of the gate strong because that's exactly what my Dolphins do.
The Steelers will be ready and they will come out strong. Phins are a good football team. I just have some questions about them as the season looms. But Saban does have them headed in the right direction. It should be a good game. I'm not making any predictions yet. Way to early for that stuff.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #19
LVfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 2394

I must say I am impressed, the fans in this forum seem to be far more courteous than those on the Dolphin's forum. Almost everyone has given props to Saban and the Dolphins for their progress. Steelers and Fins are my two favorite teams, I am really looking forward to this game...
LVfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I would make the Steelers pretty heavy favorites for this one based on last years respective performances.

Any time there is major change at key positions, there is a reason for optimism - and the Dolphins have had a hard time finding a decent QB since the days of Marino - so its understandable they are pumped about getting Culpepper.

Harrington should be the best back up QB in the league - Detriot is just a horrible football team, and a poorly managed organisation - it will be interesting to see how he pans out in Miami.

Having said this, I have seen some crazy predictions in the media this offseason proclaiming the Dolphins to be practical shoe-ins for the AFC East - they have lost their two most dominating DB's in recent times and Ronnie Brown is now going to have to carry the load himself next year.

Steelers 21 - Dolphins 3

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote