Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

View Poll Results: Ravens vs Steelers, Do you consider it a rivalry?
Yes I consider it a rivalry 24 100.00%
No I don't 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #1
andrewglass
Water Boy

Member Number: 18814
Default Ravens Steelers, Do you consider it a rivalry?

First off let me say. I'm a ravens fan. I'm not here to flame or start anything. I have a friend who is from the pittsburgh area who claims steelers fans/pittsburgh area people don't consider the steelers/ravens a rivalry at all and only ravens fans/ravens media calls it that. Obviously the steelers have been the most successful team in football over the years but I simply want to know what you guys think yes or no. There have been some really heated and good games over the years and I actually like to think myself it's one of the best rivarlys in football IMO.
andrewglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:52 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,922 Times in 4,520 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Steelers, Do you consider it a rivalry?

definitely.

its currently the best rivalry in all of football, and im more than glad to watch the steelers dominate it more often than naught.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:54 AM   #3
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069

It's still a rivalry. After your team destroyed us Sunday it makes it an even better rivalry now. Your team got their share of beaten us with Big Ben, now that will make the Steelers hungry for revenge. Looking forward to the rematch
Old 09-14-2011, 02:14 AM   #4
JustinM
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18803

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewglass View Post
First off let me say. I'm a ravens fan. I'm not here to flame or start anything. I have a friend who is from the pittsburgh area who claims steelers fans/pittsburgh area people don't consider the steelers/ravens a rivalry at all and only ravens fans/ravens media calls it that. Obviously the steelers have been the most successful team in football over the years but I simply want to know what you guys think yes or no. There have been some really heated and good games over the years and I actually like to think myself it's one of the best rivarlys in football IMO.
yall got me worried that you guys are becoming better than us. Definitely a rivalry...prolly the best rivalry in the NFL. I mean, what other rivalry has broken out in an on-field fight such as the one we had?!? none.
JustinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:17 AM   #5
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewglass View Post
I have a friend who is from the pittsburgh area who claims steelers fans/pittsburgh area people don't consider the steelers/ravens a rivalry at all and only ravens fans/ravens media calls it that.
I think your friend is just saying that to get under your skin.

I live in Northeast Ohio about an equal distance from Pittsburgh and Cleveland. This area is split pretty evenly between Steelers fans and Browns fans. Growing up, Steelers-Browns was a HUGE rivalry. But that has changed. A lot of the Steelers fans I know aren't even aware that the Browns have come back into the league. I assure you the Steelers-Ravens rivalry is real, and it's one of the best in the league. We don't have the history of Packers-Bears, Cowboys-Redskins, etc. But what we lack in history, we more than make up for in hatred. That's a rivalry.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:03 AM   #6
andrewglass
Water Boy

Member Number: 18814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
I think your friend is just saying that to get under your skin.

I live in Northeast Ohio about an equal distance from Pittsburgh and Cleveland. This area is split pretty evenly between Steelers fans and Browns fans. Growing up, Steelers-Browns was a HUGE rivalry. But that has changed. A lot of the Steelers fans I know aren't even aware that the Browns have come back into the league. I assure you the Steelers-Ravens rivalry is real, and it's one of the best in the league. We don't have the history of Packers-Bears, Cowboys-Redskins, etc. But what we lack in history, we more than make up for in hatred. That's a rivalry.
Most likely but I knew what we thought about the game, I was just curious to see what you guys thought to. As much as I love to see the steelers lose and lose bad because I'm a ravens fan I actually didn't enjoy sunday as much as I thought. I much rather love the steelers ravens games that keep me on the edge of my seat. Those late season games are always amazing between the 2 clubs. I really think we should play week 16 or 17 every year but then I guess there is always the chance after that you play in 2-3 weeks againa
andrewglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #7
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Yes....Now we'll see how the FO reacts, because Newsome has clearly built his team to beat the Steelers
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9669

Regardless of what fans think or say, all you have to do is listen to what the players say...and the answer is clearly Yes.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #9
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,320 Times in 3,489 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

no doubt about it. for the most part the matchup is even with the teams splitting the wins.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #10
Mick0311
Banned

Member Number: 18800

For sure a rivalry, players don't come out with that much distaste for one another every week. This is a special matchup. We, as both Raven's and Steeler's fans are very fortunate to be fans during a rivalry like this. It provides great football, and will for years to come. Not all divisions have games like this.
Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote