Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-20-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 340
Default Big Ben has heard enough!

I was looking on KDKA.com and there was a story that Ben has heard enough about the motorcycle. He said he wished people would start talking about the team or the pirates. He wishes something else would happen so people stop talking about his personal life. Do you think we as fans are making too much of a deal out of Ben and his motorcycle? I mean, I want Ben to have fun and relax in the offseason, but what I am saying is that there are other ways to relax than ride a motorcycle without a helmet. He has soo much going for him and I would HATE to see that all go away in the blink of an eye. What he doesn't realize is that there is 52 guys counting on him, depending on him to stay healthy and carry his team. He is letting them down. Tell me what you guys think....am I wrong?

~AllAmer~

http://kdka.com/local/local_story_140144926.html

^Click above to see the video of Ben talking about the motorcycle..
AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:52 PM   #2
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Big Ben has heard enough!

Wearing a helmet is a choice. But I am against it for myself and for any and all Steelers QB`s. Ben not only has his team mates depending on him. He has the whole city of Pittsburgh, and all us Steeler faithful. Its probably not fair to have to put up with that kind of pressure, but he gets paid a hell of alot of money. Secondly were the Steelers not paying attention on the day he signed? So many players have these restrictions, why not ours? Hell last year Cowher banned gas scooters at training camp, because Porter was riding one all over. So Porter should up with a new Steelers "55" golf cart and Cowher told him he could keep but one of the teams assisstants would have to drive him around. But Ben and Tommy can ride with out a cover on thier melon. I bet Bens next contract has some new updates.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:36 PM   #3
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

I can understand his frustration, but in the offseason, u know the media takes every tidbit of news they can find and blows it way outta proportion. He's in the spotlight now, like it or not, this kinda stuff will continue to make news.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 08:07 AM   #4
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

I agree Blitz...but I do feel for the guy. I can't say that I agree with his decision, but it is his choice, and for the past couple of week, it seems like if you hear anything about the Steelers...it's about Ben and his Bike. It's true the media is hurting for stories right now, so until something else happens...this will be the main topic surrounding the black and gold!
Old 05-21-2005, 09:25 AM   #5
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I do understand why it sparked a news story at first. But things such as I believe it was the ESPN power rankings, no need for Ben and his bike to be mentioned there. Talk about the team. I wish he would wear the helmet but its his choice. I think they need to start focusing more on the team or even the excitement around McFadden.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 10:07 AM   #6
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Prosdo...I couldn't agree more. I wish they would start focusing on the team. This is a team coming off a 15-1 regular season and losing in the AFC Championship game. With pretty much the same team coming back, with a couple guys lost, but at the same time...some well needed talent added, and all they can talk about is Ben and his bike. Oh well, we're always the underdog...and I guess it makes it even sweeter when we prove all the "experts" wrong!!! :D
Old 05-21-2005, 10:54 AM   #7
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Its gotten so bad now, that ESPN radio was just talking about going out to see Star wars, and looking for a spare storm trooper helmet to give to ben to ride!!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:04 AM   #8
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Ben could wear his football helmet, not that would be something to see.

I just hope he pays attention to the road, he is not like everyone else out there. Everybody will see him and beep thier horns, yell, etc. I really wish they wouldn`t have given it any press, now everyone is out looking for him when they see or hear a bike.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:09 AM   #9
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

That is pretty bad. The only reason this is even a discussion is because of that moron Winsow doing trick, trying to show off, without even knowing how to ride the damn thing. I guarentee if Winslow wouldn't have wrecked....no one would even know about Ben riding without a helmet.

Winslow being charged...http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2064702