Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #11
Moose
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 44
Member Number: 18658
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers

Hopefully our fans will keep the Steeler's on track. Playing at Heinz is gonna be a big, big plus. I know all numbers show this should be an easy win....but we all know that 'easy win' games in the past didn't always go that way. If this game was in Seattle, I'd be really concerned. Hopefully the Steeler's come out pissed and hit them hard and constantly. Play as New England would.....50-0 looks good. Have the 2nd string in there by 4th quarter. Just my opinion.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:07 AM   #12
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 11,092
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 2,066
Thanked 8,050 Times in 3,365 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Hopefully our fans will keep the Steeler's on track. Playing at Heinz is gonna be a big, big plus. I know all numbers show this should be an easy win....but we all know that 'easy win' games in the past didn't always go that way. If this game was in Seattle, I'd be really concerned. Hopefully the Steeler's come out pissed and hit them hard and constantly. Play as New England would.....50-0 looks good. Have the 2nd string in there by 4th quarter. Just my opinion.
yeah true. the main reason why i think we have a huge advantage is because we're playing at home. if it was in seattle i wouldn't be as confident, we have a bad track record when traveling to the WC to play
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #13
SeahawksBlogger
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7
Member Number: 18827
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
Ya that Raiders game still mystifies me, I was at the game and 3 times inside the 20 in the first half and only 3 points to show for it. If we accomplish that low lite this week we will be in trouble. The Seahawks have an equalizer, his name is Leon Washington. If we're not careful he could return 1 or 2 against us and keep Seattle in the game. I am hopeful we put the hammer down on D and O and score every time the opportunity presents itself. For me I want to see a 40 burger on the Seahawks.
Leon Washington is an equalizer; however, I doubt you guys have too much to worry about. That is unless you get off to a bad start, turn the ball over, etc. If I was betting, I'd probably take Pittsburgh and give away the14 points. Still, crazier things have happened.

If Green Bay and Baltimore exposed the Steelers for being slow in the secondary, I doubt Seattle has the ability to take advantage. My hope is that Jackson will get benched, and Charlie Whitehurst gets in the game. He's no Tom Brady; but he can push the ball down the field and check down without getting sacked.
SeahawksBlogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:30 AM   #14
SeahawksBlogger
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7
Member Number: 18827
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
yeah true. the main reason why i think we have a huge advantage is because we're playing at home. if it was in seattle i wouldn't be as confident, we have a bad track record when traveling to the WC to play
When was the last time an NFC team won in Pittsburgh anyway?
SeahawksBlogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #15
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,446
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 339
Thanked 902 Times in 434 Posts
Default Re: How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawksBlogger View Post
When was the last time an NFC team won in Pittsburgh anyway?
Giants in 2008, the game with Harrison playing long snapper.
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:35 PM   #16
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 11,092
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 2,066
Thanked 8,050 Times in 3,365 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Giants in 2008, the game with Harrison playing long snapper.
i remember that game lol, what a circus that was. I was watching with a group of friends and one was a giants fan, he was saying how lucky they were to win that one
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #17
Phade
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 60
Member Number: 3954
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Giants in 2008, the game with Harrison playing long snapper.
lol
Phade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #18
btaylor179
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 375
Member Number: 15251
Thanks: 2
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers

if i were a betting man i would take seattle getting 14 points.....we look old and slow and they need to show me something to make me think they aren't.....i think we will win but only by 7 or 8
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:34 AM   #19
Moose
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 44
Member Number: 18658
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers

I'll be pissed if the Steeler's ' toy around ' with Seattle. The Steeler's should do what good teams like the Pat's would do....come out smokin' and score, score, score. They should be able to put this team away within the first few series. A score of 50-0 isn't out of the question. By the 4th quarter we should be putting in the back-ups and only 'garbage points' from that point on. I'm sick and tired of our conservative crap we do. Score...score....score, and then score again. Teams we should beat...destroy and humiliate them. Make teams afraid of you....like we were in the past. Geesh....sorry for venting, but thanks for letting me. GO STEELER'S
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:52 AM   #20
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,781
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 2,044
Thanked 6,262 Times in 2,304 Posts
Default Re: How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawksBlogger View Post
Leon Washington is an equalizer; however, I doubt you guys have too much to worry about. That is unless you get off to a bad start, turn the ball over, etc. If I was betting, I'd probably take Pittsburgh and give away the14 points. Still, crazier things have happened.

If Green Bay and Baltimore exposed the Steelers for being slow in the secondary, I doubt Seattle has the ability to take advantage. My hope is that Jackson will get benched, and Charlie Whitehurst gets in the game. He's no Tom Brady; but he can push the ball down the field and check down without getting sacked.
Our secondary has the habit of making qb's look like Montana at times.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts