Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 06-05-2006, 10:41 PM   #11
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992
Default Re: Things to Do If You're Ever Bored Stuck In A Hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
a great thread indeed. although replace "wank it" with "done it", cause my more obscure endeavors have happened with a lady involved. (although wanking it in a giant church while vaccuuming the place for community service as a kid would definitely apply)

alright Tony, THATS what im talking about!
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:51 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
alright Tony, THATS what im talking about!
it was a methodist church. does that make it better or worse?
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #13
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Quote:
it was a methodist church. does that make it better or worse?
im not the one to judge, i'll leave it to man upstairs, Father Tynan
Old 06-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
im not the one to judge, i'll leave it to man upstairs, Father Tynan
its actually a quite funny story. i was riding my skateboard in the concrete strip by the curb on a street that had no sidewalks, on a holiday, with absolutely no traffic, except for the cop who was probably bored while on patrol. he flashed the lights, pulled me over (on a skateboard no less) and proceded to write me a ticket. fine? 4 hours of community service. the methodist church was the closest to my house, therefore the one i attended, and volunteered to serve my time at. and what does a 14 year old kid do with a whole church all to himself? repent for his sins of riding a skateboard? oh no! rebel is the only answer.

i also took out my moms cat stevens album and scratched run dmc style on the record player while recording my own style of pre "**** tha police", i hate the world rap song. i got took to counciling when my parents found it. damn i wish i knew where that tape is today. it would be good for a few laughs. stupid kids.

but as far as hospital stays goes, catching up on the game show "press your luck" is my only memorable moment.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #15
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
its actually a quite funny story. i was riding my skateboard in the concrete strip by the curb on a street that had no sidewalks, on a holiday, with absolutely no traffic, except for the cop who was probably bored while on patrol. he flashed the lights, pulled me over (on a skateboard no less) and proceded to write me a ticket. fine? 4 hours of community service. the methodist church was the closest to my house, therefore the one i attended, and volunteered to serve my time at. and what does a 14 year old kid do with a whole church all to himself? repent for his sins of riding a skateboard? oh no! rebel is the only answer.

i also took out my moms cat stevens album and scratched run dmc style on the record player while recording my own style of pre "**** tha police", i hate the world rap song. i got took to counciling when my parents found it. damn i wish i knew where that tape is today. it would be good for a few laughs. stupid kids.

but as far as hospital stays goes, catching up on the game show "press your luck" is my only memorable moment.
Lol. Great story! I wish I could hear that tape. At school the cops have pulled over people for just walkin on the sidewalk (they were not walkin very well if you know what I mean).

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #16
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Quote:

me and an ex-girlfriend chickened out on our plan to do it in a pew in a church in San Antonio in 1987. You know, those early days, when you want to go at it constantly?
i forgot who got cold feet more, her or me, but MAN what a story that could have been.

hmmmmm. how about a "most shameful choice of a sex partner you ever ....
OH YEAH!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #17
blackvelvet
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca
It does that to some people. I'm OK with it, though. Walking with the I/V is fun.

I had a cancerous kidney removed; what were you in for?

Tom
I went in thinking it was appendicitis, but it ended up being a cyst or whatever, but they had to take it out, or it would have exploded. I don't know what would have happened if it had exploded, but it couldn't have been anything good. (well, actually, I know that they'd have to take something out, an organ that I don't want to share with the rest of the board)
Old 06-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #18
blackvelvet
Bench Warmer

[QUOTE=HburgXL06
-Sleeeeeeeeeep (great time to catch up on sleepin and be lazy)

BuFu[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%. They woke me up every two hours, then they wake us up at 3 a.m. to tell us the surgery procedure (how about telling us when we're fully awake?).
Old 06-06-2006, 10:58 AM   #19
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackvelvet
I agree with you 100%. They woke me up every two hours, then they wake us up at 3 a.m. to tell us the surgery procedure (how about telling us when we're fully awake?).
Yea, I feel you on that. They tell you all this stuff when you are least ready to understand it (not that you would anyway). They prolly do that to prevent patients questionin them.

"Ok Mr. Smith we are gonna begin the surgery with *add vague verbiage riddled explanation for the next ten minutes* and then if all goes well, which it should everythin will be peachy. How does that all sound to you?"

"ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz,......huh? What? Who are you?"

"Ok, glad to hear you're ok with it. Nurse, time to take the patient to the O.R."

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #20
blackvelvet
Bench Warmer

Although i could think of a million other things that I'd rather do besides sit in a hospital, I do have to say, it wasn't all that bad. I went the morning after the Steelers/Browns game (the first one, not the Christmas Eve one) and that's all anyone was talking about, since Charlie Batch broke his and Ben was still out, you know the whole story. Well anyway, they're asking me questions like "Where does it hurt?" and stuff like that. Well the doctor asked me, "When did it start hurting?" From there, it went down like this:

Me: Oh, around eight thirty, around the kickoff of the Browns game.
Doctor: I see. (in serious tone) And was the pain more intense when they out Maddox in?
Me: I think we ALL started hurting when that happened. (my parents and my aunt who came were all laughing at this point)
Sorry, i had to share that with all of you