Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 06:01 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,066
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,456
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,631 Posts
Default w. parker and v. haynes interview...

...on sirius radio's "afternoon blitz" today. if anyone missed it i was amazed how great of friends and teammates seem. the way they talked about the team, eachother, duce and jerome was practically flabbergasting. both spoke so unselfishly and had glowing remarks about c. humes and what he brings to the team.

you can really tell how much jerome has worked with and tutored haynes. both defered to ben as the leader. if anyone thinks ben is not highly regarded in the locker room they are definitely mistaken. and if anyone is waiting for these running backs to start bitching and moaning about playing time or carries, dont hold your breath. i came away from the interview thinking this has to be one of the most cohesive units in the nfl. both rb's spoke of what there emergence can do FOR BEN and his game, not their own personnal gain.

they talked about the difference in cowher this offseason. willie said hes more approachable now. he dont look quite as mad and intimidating all the time, but when he visited cowher in his office a few days ago cowher reinforced its time to put the nose to the grindstone and go do it again. willie has got to be one of the most laid back, happy-go-lucky players on the team. both seemed extremely gracious just for the opportunity to be a steeler. haynes really sounded like a 12 year vet.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:37 PM   #2
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
GutterflowerSteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,168
Gender: Female
Member Number: 1261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: w. parker and v. haynes interview...

Cool, thanks for posting that. I missed the interview when I had to hit the grocery store after work.
__________________

~Sig created by SteelDuck~
GutterflowerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
SteelerzGirl
Banned
 
SteelerzGirl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Steelers Country!
Posts: 2,099
Gender: Female
Member Number: 689
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: w. parker and v. haynes interview...

Wow, great write-up, tony. There's no doubt Ben is the natural leader. I'm glad to hear that everyone is continuing to work as a team.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #4
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: w. parker and v. haynes interview...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
...on sirius radio's "afternoon blitz" today. if anyone missed it i was amazed how great of friends and teammates seem. the way they talked about the team, eachother, duce and jerome was practically flabbergasting. both spoke so unselfishly and had glowing remarks about c. humes and what he brings to the team.

you can really tell how much jerome has worked with and tutored haynes. both defered to ben as the leader. if anyone thinks ben is not highly regarded in the locker room they are definitely mistaken. and if anyone is waiting for these running backs to start bitching and moaning about playing time or carries, dont hold your breath. i came away from the interview thinking this has to be one of the most cohesive units in the nfl. both rb's spoke of what there emergence can do FOR BEN and his game, not their own personnal gain.

they talked about the difference in cowher this offseason. willie said hes more approachable now. he dont look quite as mad and intimidating all the time, but when he visited cowher in his office a few days ago cowher reinforced its time to put the nose to the grindstone and go do it again. willie has got to be one of the most laid back, happy-go-lucky players on the team. both seemed extremely gracious just for the opportunity to be a steeler. haynes really sounded like a 12 year vet.
Very cool stuff. Willie how can't you not like this guy? Parker comes out of nowhere really. Makes the team as an undrafted free agent. Then in his second year when injuries strikes Duce and Jeorme. He steps up and never looks back to a 1200 yard season which was the sixth most in a single season for a Steelers RB. Then Parker sets a Super Bowl record with his 75 yard TD run. Willie does all this in his first year as a starter and you can tell he hasn't let the success get to his head.

About Haynes also he has waited his turn for more carries and all this time he never has complained or had a bad attitude. Haynes has remained a team player. Thats why I would like to see Haynes get some more playing time this year. He deserves it.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:19 PM   #5
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain
 
WWIIOwheelz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 707
Member Number: 1323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: w. parker and v. haynes interview...

You hearing the same rumors I am that he's turned into a monster, upper-body wise? I've been looking out for pics, am pretty sure that's him next to Jerome in a purple shirt at the White House, and he DOES look big, if that's him.

I'm betting he'll have a better season this year than last. He wants contract legitimacy, and he knows he doesn't have it yet.
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,066
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,456
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,631 Posts
Default Re: w. parker and v. haynes interview...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Very cool stuff. Willie how can't you not like this guy? Parker comes out of nowhere really. Makes the team as an undrafted free agent. Then in his second year when injuries strikes Duce and Jeorme. He steps up and never looks back to a 1200 yard season which was the sixth most in a single season for a Steelers RB. Then Parker sets a Super Bowl record with his 75 yard TD run. Willie does all this in his first year as a starter and you can tell he hasn't let the success get to his head. not at all. dude still talked like someone still trying to make the team and like a kid in awe of the other running backs on the team. he is quickly becoming one of my favorites

About Haynes also he has waited his turn for more carries and all this time he never has complained or had a bad attitude. Haynes has remained a team player. Thats why I would like to see Haynes get some more playing time this year. He deserves it.
it was nice to see both cowher and colbert give verron a shot of confidence in regards of duce not being the shoo-in at #2 and it was the right move for the team to re-sign him for a healthier paycheck. sure im biassed but i am even more sure than ever that next year the steelers will have the deepest and best rushing attack 1-4 next season.

another thing of note. they asked what was the funnest most memorable part of going to the white house. of course they mentionned the historical element of it but haynes remarked on the much publisised story of casey hampton insisting he actually knew the president and how GW would remember him. there was a running joke and bet in the locker room that CH was full of it. well we all know the president pretty much singled out hampton, and made mention of the former longhorn in his speech. amazing that his team mates seemed more happy, proud, and in awe of him than their own experience.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: w. parker and v. haynes interview...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
it was nice to see both cowher and colbert give verron a shot of confidence in regards of duce not being the shoo-in at #2 and it was the right move for the team to re-sign him for a healthier paycheck. sure im biassed but i am even more sure than ever that next year the steelers will have the deepest and best rushing attack 1-4 next season.

another thing of note. they asked what was the funnest most memorable part of going to the white house. of course they mentionned the historical element of it but haynes remarked on the much publisised story of casey hampton insisting he actually knew the president and how GW would remember him. there was a running joke and bet in the locker room that CH was full of it. well we all know the president pretty much singled out hampton, and made mention of the former longhorn in his speech. amazing that his team mates seemed more happy, proud, and in awe of him than their own experience.
I agree totally about the Steelers rushing attack. Hayne's value to the team is very underrated. Verron has proved his worth to the team just as a third down back. Were his blitz pickup is very important and under looked by some. Haynes also made some very big first downs on third downs last year. That one against the Bears sticks out the most. I think with a expanded role he will do just fine.

The story about Casey and the Prez. Just proves how close this team really is. They really are a team and thats a big reason they won the Super Bowl last year. Despite playing three road games and being a 6th seed. The only thing they had was each other when most of the known world counted them out. They hung in there as a team and shocked the world. Thats why I'm so proud of this team and I will never forget that great run they had to the Super Bowl.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,066
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,456
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,631 Posts
Default Re: w. parker and v. haynes interview...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Just proves how close this team really is. They really are a team and thats a big reason they won the Super Bowl last year. Despite playing three road games and being a 6th seed. The only thing they had was each other when most of the known world counted them out. They hung in there as a team and shocked the world. Thats why I'm so proud of this team and I will never forget that great run they had to the Super Bowl.
as cliche as it sounds it really is true. steelers have always been a pretty tight nit group. but last year seemed different. was jerome the emotional glue that made it all happen? probably. but despite his departure its seeming like that glue will stick. his influence will live on. im sure the steelers wanna win as much for him as a friend and a proud announcer as they did for him as a teammate.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:57 PM   #9
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: w. parker and v. haynes interview...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
as cliche as it sounds it really is true. steelers have always been a pretty tight nit group. but last year seemed different. was jerome the emotional glue that made it all happen? probably. but despite his departure its seeming like that glue will stick. his influence will live on. im sure the steelers wanna win as much for him as a friend and a proud announcer as they did for him as a teammate.
Yes I agree that Jerome was the emotional glue last year. Its a new year with new challenges. Last year message and challenge. Get Jerome Home To Detroit. This years message and challenge. Its simple. Repeat

I think this team will be as motivated to prove all the doubters that are still out there wrong again. I mean already we are hearing that the Colts are the favorite like every year to represent the AFC. Some are over looking the Steelers in our own division. The Bengals seem to be the sexy pick in the AFC North these days.

I just look how Hines Ward came out in mini camp with the tape on his helemet saying he has to make the team like he did his rookie year. That right there shows me the leadership is fine and the Steelers as a whole still have the focus and fire to win it all again.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:57 AM   #10
Santonio4
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bark Twice if you're in Milwaukee.
Posts: 94
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2307
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: w. parker and v. haynes interview...

Thanks for posting
__________________
[B]Whoever said, 'It's not whether you win or lose that counts,' probably lost.[/B]
Santonio4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts