Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 06-06-2006, 01:12 PM   #21
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: I Wonder How Plaxico Feels.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
Upon further reflection, I'm thinkin' Plax feels the same way Randle El is probably going to feel next year.
HELL YEAH STEELERZGIRL!

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:46 PM   #22
Steel12
Banned

Member Number: 2397

WOW...the hate for Plax is amazing. Especially considering the fact that he made Hines a better player. Hines even said so himself. I'm sure he's happy for some of the friends he has left on the team...
Steel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #23
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel12
WOW...the hate for Plax is amazing. Especially considering the fact that he made Hines a better player. Hines even said so himself. I'm sure he's happy for some of the friends he has left on the team...
Well, if he didn't bash the fans (the people who make his paycheck possible) I wouldn't have that much of a problem with him. Personally, I don't like being labeled a racist by some punk whom I never met. Sorry.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 06-06-2006 at 04:26 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #24
GoFor6
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 2352

I am sure Plax feels like we would have won 42-10 with him. In reality we have only won 14-10 and he would have been 0-3 in receptions. How many catches did he have with that "better" Quarterback last post-season? You are right, ZERO!!! He was never really a Steeler he was simply Plaxico and he just didn't get it.
GoFor6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #25
blackvelvet
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2128

you know, my family started to wonder the same thing as soon as the Steelers won the Super Bowl, especially since the Giants lost to Carolina 23-zip. This was my comment:

"I HOPE THAT HURT PLEX!!"
Old 06-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #26
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Stated this once before but.......

Faults of Plaxico in my opinion :

Never went for the ball at it's highest point. For his height, he played as if he was 5'8".

Dropped easy catches.

His route running for the most part was pretty bad. It started to picked up his last season in Pittsburgh.

Never threw a block. Once again though, he started to in his last season in Pittsburgh.

His head. The guy can hardly speak a word of English during interviews. I don't think Plax is the sharpest tool in the shed. It reflects on the field.

He would never go across the middle. El, Ward, Wilson.....have no problem.

Bashing the fans that helped him aquire that "ice" in his ears and around his wrists and neck.

Even when Plaxico was here I can honestly say that I wasn't a fan. It seemed to me that he only gave a half-ass effort on the field. When we first drafted him, I loved his height but I had a feeling the overall package was damaged.

These are the idiotic comments that pissed me off:

“I mean, I don't think I was liked as a person. I was kind of seen as a black kid, young African-American, cornrows, drives fancy cars, wears diamond earrings, things like that. They just kind of based their perception off of what I drove and what I did and things like that. All those things were never a part of any other player on that team but me.”

and................

"I fit New York more than what I fit Pittsburgh. Nobody's worrying about my big truck or my Rolls-Royce or what I have on. That makes me feel good. People just accept me how I am instead of looking at me and judging me."

Hines Ward's response to Plaxico's idiotic statments:

"As far as the city and him with cornrows and stuff, they love everybody. You go out there and perform, regardless of race, color, ethnic, how you wear your hair, they don't care. The fans here know football. They know the guys who produce and give it all they got and they appreciate it. To sit there and say the city had it out against him, I don't really go along with that. I saw a lot of No. 80 jerseys in the stands."
Old 06-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #27
Steel12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Well, if he didn't bash the fans (the people who make his paycheck possible) I wouldn't have that much of a problem with him. Personally, I don't like being labeled a racist by some punk whom I never met. Sorry.
If you honestly believe he didn't get called any racist names, you're naive. I'm sure he didn't mean the whole city...probably just caught up in the moment. I can understand how you feel...he should've chose his words betta.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:00 PM   #28
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Well, I wouldn't know. I'm not Plaxico Burress. I never followed him around the city of Pittsburgh with a tape recorder in order to find out if racial remarks were made in his direction. You call it naive, I call it proof. Eitherway, the bottomline comes down to the fact that he made idiotic comments towards the city of Pittsburgh. You seemed shocked that many dislike Plaxico Burress. Maybe that's why a good number of fans in the city of Pittsburgh are not very fond of Plaxico Burress.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 06-06-2006 at 05:11 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:01 PM   #29
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
If Plex played on the 2005 Steelers, we don't win the Super Bowl. He would have poisoned the team with his naturally disgruntled attitude and probably dropped a couple TD passes in the playoffs that would have killed our SB dreams.
Agree!
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:51 PM   #30
Steel12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Well, I wouldn't know. I'm not Plaxico Burress. I never followed him around the city of Pittsburgh with a tape recorder in order to find out if racial remarks were made in his direction. You call it naive, I call it proof. Eitherway, the bottomline comes down to the fact that he made idiotic comments towards the city of Pittsburgh. You seemed shocked that many dislike Plaxico Burress. Maybe that's why a good number of fans in the city of Pittsburgh are not very fond of Plaxico Burress.
What are you proving? That you didn't follow him around? WOW...yes he did make comments toward the city as a whole but I'm sure he had some good and bad encounters with the natives. I am a little shocked I guess...ya'll act like he did absolutely nothing for us. It's crazy because there's a thread prasing Chad Scott and bashing Plaxico...Guess I'll have to just get used to this board.