Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #21
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,080 Times in 3,411 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Week 2 Post Game Thread

it seemed to me that the secondary looked pretty good overall. Most of the yards they gave up were while playing more of a prevent defense.

Gay was obviously getting picked on though.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #22
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

It was an okay win for us, but it was Seattle after all. It was nice to see the D bounce back but our offense still looked out of sink.

Defense
-Our secondary looked decent today. Even William Gay had a pretty good game at #2
-No big splash plays (almost had one) but Polamalu was spectacular.
-Timmons has been kind of 'meh' in the past two weeks. I'm not sure what's up with him. He was my DPOY for the first 5 games last season.
-Keisel had a good bounceback game. McClendon looks pretty good at NT. Maybe that position isn't a top priority in the draft next year?
-Harrison looks far from 100 percent despite having a good 4th quarter. He looked very slow on several plays. He was non-existent in the first half.
-Woodley made a great play beating Seattle's tackle and TE, stopping Lynch for a loss, but was also quiet for a majority of the game.

Offense
-It looked like Mendenhall was having a lot of problems dancing in the backfield. He got stuffed on short yardage situations way too many times today. He has to hit the hole on those plays regardless if its there or not.
-Redman had a great game as usual. The kid continues to impress. Foster had an excellent block on his TD.
-Legursky stinks.
-That WR screen to Ward needs to stop. The one to Wallace had much more success for obvious reasons. Though Ward did have excellent grab on the sidelines while smiling.
-For those of you who think Wallace is still a "one-trick pony," I believe he caught a quick slant, a curl route, a go route, a 5 step turn, a WR screen and a fade for a TD. That's a nice trick.

-HUGE loss for the Ravens...after winning their SB last week I guess they forgot there was 15 games left
Old 09-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #23
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
im still not convinced we are worth anything. I feel like we were still playing very sluggish. I'm just glad to see Ben not down with a broken leg or torn ligament. You can still see that Ben's throwing game is way off though :S
Well, i agree that he was off, but way off? hardly, he overthrew some recievers, but he was excellent in this game. One thing that I noticed is that he had time in the pocket, which was good to see. Also, we ran the ball with effectiveness and we stuck with the running game.
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #24
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

The redzone plays need to improve big time if were in close games.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #25
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/...-seahawks.html

Improved, they were improved but so was a lot of other teams EXCEPT BALTIMORE, HAHAHA. We need to get better and get to that Super Bowl caliber we are used to.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #26
davidtrout
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17600

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
The redzone plays need to improve big time if were in close games.
That's still the biggest problem the Steelers have and all on the OL, imo. We need better guard play in the worst way. I thought Pouncey would be able to sure up that part of the offense, but he's just not enough. The interior is worse off than the tackle positions, even with the rookie and Scott in there. It's a problem we just have to overcome, the solution is not on the roster at this time.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #27
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,010 Times in 2,568 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
maybe everyone is looking for an actual steelers related thread isntead of one where all focus is still obsessively upon the ravens.
like this thread? and of course there will be talk about the baltimore loss. one could make a point that them losing today is almost as big as a steelers win.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #28
Baltimore Ravens Fan
Banned

Member Number: 18789

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Steelers win big, Ravens lose big.

All is right with the world again.
Winning big doesn't happen against the Seahawks.

I blame Sports Illustrated jinx for the Raven's loss. Just kidding, but was a pathetic performance from everyone but the run defense and Ray Rice.
Baltimore Ravens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #29
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,080 Times in 3,411 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Week 2 Post Game Thread: Steelers blank Seahawks, 24-0

I didn't see any of the Ravens game, I thought the Titans were suppose to be bad this year. Are they better than I heard or did the Ravens have a bad game?
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #30
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,010 Times in 2,568 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Week 2 Post Game Thread: Steelers blank Seahawks, 24-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I didn't see any of the Ravens game, I thought the Titans were suppose to be bad this year. Are they better than I heard or did the Ravens have a bad game?
i'd say getting hasselbeck is an upgrade over kerry collins/vince young, and chris johnson is money. Hasselbeck made them pay for focusing too much on stopping CJ. their defense has always been decent to pretty good & physical, and they are hard to beat at home. Probably a 9-7 or 10-6 team
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote