Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #11
Moose
Water Boy

Member Number: 18658
Default Re: Week 2 Game Ball

Wallace....without a doubt !!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,450 Times in 599 Posts

Wallace.

He was the ONLY one to show up in Baltimore and Ben found him today not only on that gorgeous fade ball, but also in tough go-to situations to where Wallace provided him with a move the chains, 3rd down reliable option. Wallace has SOUNDLY improved his all-around game.

I said earlier that if the Steelers don't win by 3 TD's, I would of been dissapointed. My wish granted. Good game, today ladies and gents.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #13
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,131 Times in 576 Posts

I will tell you this. If Big Ben plays all 16 and Wallace as well, he may not get 2,000 yards, but I believe Wallace will be an all pro this year.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #14
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

The thing I've seen from Wallace both games so far that I hadn't seen in the playoffs was that Mike is becoming a better all around wide receiver. I really really really hope we can resign the guy. He's a hard worker and a joy to watch, and I'd hate to see him wearing anything but Steeler black and gold.
GMU Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #15
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkweek View Post
I thought we had a lack luster day on both the offensive and defensive fronts when it came to passing situations, although the defense definitely started showing up more in the 2nd half in that regard

And even though Ben had a good day on paper, he should have had an excellent day as even though he was a solid 22-30 he did have several passes going too high and seemed to be a little off rhythm

Our running game wasn't bad, but also nothing particularly spectacular.

Special teams was also commendable, although a missed FG (albeit into the troublesome open end of the stadium) and a few punts that resulted in touchbacks could have been better, however for the most part coverage and returns were excellent.

Really, if a game ball goes to anyone it would have to be to one of the WRs

Brown had a good game returning the ball on kicks and made several solid catches for good chunks of yards

Sanders was also in on a handful of big plays including the excellent gadget play where he completed a 15 yard pass with a very good looking throw

Hines didn't have a spectacular day, but he did have an absolutely amazing sideline tip-toe catch

but if I have to give it to just one WR it would have to be Wallace, he not only had the big stats, he also had some of the best plays, the deep ball catch, the fake short and go to the corner of the endzone TD catch, and a few other plays that show he's developing a good rapport with Ben to exploit weaknesses in the defense
comon. Lackluster. How many shutouts does the average team get in a year. They also had at least 5 sacks. I realize the Seahawks did nothing offensively and we weren't spectacular with any really big plays on D. But a shutout against any NFL opponent is an accomplishment. In fact, I don't believe our #1 ranked AFC championship D from a year ago had one all year.

I'm going to go with Wallace. Besides the fact that he had a big day statistically, that finger tip catch just before the ball hit the ground was a thing of beauty. That ball was over his head and he reached out and grabbed the back end of that ball about a foot off the turf. Wallace is turning into the steal of the 2009 draft. I just hope we can afford to sign him.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #16
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Wallace is the easy choice. But my game ball is going to be a bit more obscure. I am giving it to a rookie who missed half of camp with an injury, made his first start today at a difficult position and played a solid game. He made the odd mistake but did a good job overall.

Marcus Gilbert.
Rick5895 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #17
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
comon. Lackluster. How many shutouts does the average team get in a year. They also had at least 5 sacks. I realize the Seahawks did nothing offensively and we weren't spectacular with any really big plays on D. But a shutout against any NFL opponent is an accomplishment. In fact, I don't believe our #1 ranked AFC championship D from a year ago had one all year.
You shouldn't have stopped reading at the comma in the first sentence

I never said the entire defense was lack luster, just the defensive front, and I even specified that lack luster performance to the first half on passing plays where Jackson had more time and our defensive front less push than I would have liked. Things changed in the second half which is when our defense finally started piling up sacks, and I admitted that.

Also the best defense is a good offense. Our offense had just as much to do with pitching a shut out as our defense when we consider the Seahawks offense had 17 fewer minutes than our offense to even attempt to put points on the board because our offense was on the field controlling the clock with sustained drives.

with a team as talented as ours it really doesn't take a phenomenal performance from any one player or even unit to win or even dominate a game like we did today. Today's game really was an excellent example of everyone playing not necessarily great, but at least playing well enough that the resulting team effort was excellent.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #18
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Marcus Gilbert. No doubt about it!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #19
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,131 Times in 576 Posts

How bout Sepulveda? The guy is kicking every ball 60 yards. He might be a huge for the Steelers this year. Seahawks were stuck at the 20 at the beginning of every drive almost all game.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #20
Navy86
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18326

I'll be a bit different and say Redman. He ran with purpose today when he got the opportunity and of course, the nice juke during his 20 yd TD run. Wallace is definitely a stud and that fingertip catch was impressive. Gilbert stepped up huge today and while not perfect, performed admirably. The defense as a unit, played lights out as well. But in the end, Redman continues to take advantage of his limited touches and feel he deserves the recognition today.
Navy86 is offline   Reply With Quote