Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,137 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Tomlin Post Game Press Conference

-Ben's injury not serious, and once he was cleared to go back in, he did.

-Keisel has a grade 1 PCL injury, and could have potentially gone back in, but didn't need to.

-Says this game does not completely "get the stench off of them" from last weeks game. Still a lot of things to do better.

Listen here: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/09...+Depot+Blog%29

Coach Mike Tomlin: I just told my team in there that we are the same team that got blasted in Baltimore last week.

Were there any thoughts of keeping Ben Roethlisberger out of the game?
None.

Re: Letting Ben go back in the game:
He was fine, and he was cleared. It’s not anything mystical. We lean on the expertise of our medical staff. They were comfortable with where he was. He was comfortable. As soon as he was comfortable he went back into action.

Will Ben get evaluated?
He’s going to be fine.

Re: Response to last week’s performance:
It was appropriate, given how we performed and played a week ago.

Re: Brett Keisel:
Keisel has a potential grade-one PCL injury. We are going to get him evaluated and go from there. He potentially could have gone back in the game but it was so late in the contest. We have capable young guys and we played them.

What did your team do better?
We came in better prepared. That’s on me. Ultimately we performed better than we did a week ago and that’s on the guys that played.

Re: Marcus Gilbert’s play:
It was above-the-line, a winning effort. I thought we had some movement there in the first half, running the football on his side. I thought we could have run the ball better in the second half. We all bear the responsibility for that.

Were there any other things you didn’t like?
I am sure I can find a lot of things to complain about. I am still chewing on last week. I am sure we all are. That’s just the nature of this thing. It’s not going to take one performance to take that stench off of us. We respect that. We are going to prepare and get ready for our next opportunity.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...9-a58c1afdb1cb
Old 09-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16598
Default Re: Tomlin Post Game Press Conference

I totally agree with the lingering stench...

We need a lot more pressure on the QB (I know it happened but not until late, I want to see it all game!)

Also O line still hasn't gel'd and I hope it's only a matter of time before they all play well and on the same page... Injuries don't help, I know. They need to be ready for the next Ravens week....

Oh yeah and thank the football gods that we have the strongest QB ever!!