Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #11
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,529 Times in 3,757 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

They held a NFL team scoreless and covered a 14 point spread

Could they have played better - yes - but you could say that about every team that won today
Old 09-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #12
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,472 Times in 2,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
well said, mr trout.

i think some people are hoping for, or waiting for a single win that will erase the horrible pain and humiliation they feel from losing last week to the ravens.

but theres not a single game that can do that, and mike tomlin acknowledged as much in his post game presser.

ultimately we're fans of a team where the superbowl is the standard. we could go undefeated for the rest of the regular season and it wouldnt mean jack squat towards erasing the week one loss, if we didnt win it all.
Sure there is.
We can return the favor next time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 09-18-2011, 10:49 PM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,529 Times in 3,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSteel View Post

You can see what great teams do to bottom feeders and how they play against other great teams. Just look at the Pats. Totally blow out the Fins and then roll over the Bolts as well..
Maybe we should wait until they play the games in January before we call the Patriots "great"?

Walk me through what the Patriots have accomplished since beating San Diego in the AFC championship game in January 2008

As Ed. B,. of the P-G wrote today, nobody wins the Super Bowl in September

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...ports/steelers

And by saying we should note how the Pats play against "other great teams" are you calling the Chargers a great team?
Old 09-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #14
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Maybe we should wait until they play the games in January before we call the Patriots "great"?

Walk me through what the Patriots have accomplished since beating San Diego in the AFC championship game in January 2008

As Ed. B,. of the P-G wrote today, nobody wins the Super Bowl in September

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...ports/steelers

And by saying we should note how the Pats play against "other great teams" are you calling the Chargers a great team?
As someone here recently and very astutely pointed out, the Patriots are as deeply in the heads of many Steeler fans as the Steelers have been in the heads of many Ravens fans.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #15
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,474 Times in 3,548 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
As someone here recently and very astutely pointed out, the Patriots are as deeply in the heads of many Steeler fans as the Steelers have been in the heads of many Ravens fans.
at least the ravens fans can cling onto the fact that we usually split the season with them. the patriots are a team we NEVER beat, unless brady isn't playing. that one time we beat a team led by him it didn't matter. early in the season and they came back to smoke us when it mattered most (AFCCG)

yeah i'll admit it, the pats are definitely in my head.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #16
Sixburgher
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
at least the ravens fans can cling onto the fact that we usually split the season with them. the patriots are a team we NEVER beat, unless brady isn't playing. that one time we beat a team led by him it didn't matter. early in the season and they came back to smoke us when it mattered most (AFCCG)

yeah i'll admit it, the pats are definitely in my head.
When's the last time the Ravens beat us in game that "really mattered", in other words, a playoff game?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #17
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Quote:
When's the last time the Ravens beat us in game that "really mattered", in other words, a playoff game?
I don't know, but I'm sure a lot more recently than the last time we even won a less meaningful game against the pats. When was the last time we beat a brady-led team? I was still in the military when it happened, so im guessing a long time ago (not gonna look up the exact date).

and all division games are important. sure we have their number in the playoffs but at least they can say they win games vs us once in a while. we can't say the same about the patriots and brady
Old 09-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #18
Sixburgher
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
I don't know, but I'm sure a lot more recently than the last time we even won a less meaningful game against the pats. When was the last time we beat a brady-led team? I was still in the military when it happened, so im guessing a long time ago (not gonna look up the exact date).

and all division games are important. sure we have their number in the playoffs but at least they can say they win games vs us once in a while. we can't say the same about the patriots and brady
Try never. They're 0-3 against us in the postseason. And we don't play the Pats twice a season either. Before last season, we hadn't played the Patriots with Brady since 2007. And before that, we hadn't played them since 2005, and we gave them that game on that stupid lateral attempt by Randle El.

Last edited by Sixburgher; 09-18-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:21 PM   #19
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
I am almost positive they've never beaten us in a playoff game. Thing is when they usually beat us it's either early on the season like this and last year or really late in the season when we're resting our starters. Their fans make a lot of noises about how we never blow them out like they have us this year for example and in 2006 both games but that's ignoring the fact that we have a 60% winning percentage against them and that's not even mentioning the fact we've beaten them twice in the playoffs.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:21 PM   #20
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Quote:
Try never. They're 0-3 against us in the postseason. And we don't play the Pats twice a season either.
that's a good thing because that'd be 2 automatic losses for us

difference between the pats-steelers and steelers-ravens matchups is the ravens win some of them, and when they lose usually play well enough to keep it close. we usually are on the wrong side of an ass raping with a baseball bat wrapped with barbed wire when facing the patriots
Closed Thread