Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #221
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
You can have an unpopular opinion around here, but don't expect people to buy into it, especially a bunch of steeler fans.
Are Steelers fans more hard-headed than other teams'?

I don't expect anybody to buy into it, nor do I care. I enjoy discussing this stuff. I don't understand why people get all mad at me on here. I'm not flaming, nor trolling. I just would like to have a discussion. If any other poster on here doesn't wish to have a discussion, then don't. But don't keep talking to me if you're just going to insult me (not you specifically finesward).

That's the culture we live in, sadly. We insult each other for differences in opinion, for better or worse.

Last edited by cloppbeast; 09-24-2011 at 10:51 AM.
cloppbeast is offline  
Old 09-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #222
finesward
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 719
Member Number: 14448
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Not so fast

Hard headed? Maybe, but if it's about Ben, being that he is the QB of their team I would say definitely. Talk to a Ravens fan about Ben being overrated and I'm sure you would get many more who would agree. My point being that just because we think our QB is good and your not impressed doesn't make us homers or make you a hater. We differ in opinion although yours will always be the more unpopular one in this forum as long as he keeps winning. Now if he starts putting up more stinkers like he did in week 1, well then you might get a few more on your side. Lets hope that doesn't happen.
finesward is offline  
Old 09-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #223
finesward
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 719
Member Number: 14448
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Not so fast

And one last thing....

Shut the **** up donny your out of your element!
finesward is offline  
Old 09-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #224
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,082
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,844
Thanked 5,801 Times in 2,682 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
That's a pretty myopic way to look at it, IMO.
Because I disagree with your opinion I am myopic?

Got it
Atlanta Dan is offline  
Old 09-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #225
DanRooney
Head Coach
 
DanRooney's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 1,795
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16248
Thanks: 2
Thanked 124 Times in 86 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
Rodgers
Brady
Manning (assuming a new neck)
Rivers
Ryan
Romo
Freeman

Possibly even Bradford and Stafford. I'd like to see Bradford with a few more weapons around him, and I'd have to see Stafford stay healthy for a whole season.
Ryan? Absolutely 100 percent wrong. Have you watched the Falcons? Mularkey has installed the same run, run, pass, punt philosophy in the Cowher tenure. Turner carries that offense. Their D is also pretty solid.
__________________
DanRooney is offline  
Old 09-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #226
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
And one last thing....

Shut the **** up donny your out of your element!
"Oh come on Donny! They were threatening castration! Are we going to split hairs here?"
cloppbeast is offline  
Old 09-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #227
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Because I disagree with your opinion I am myopic?

Got it
I didn't say you were myopic.

I said:

"That's a pretty myopic way to look at it, IMO."

I did not flat out call you myopic. I said that in my opinion, your reasoning is myopic.

Your view is myopic in my opinion because you discount Ryan and Romo solely because they haven't won as many playoff games. You fail to consider everything else that goes into winning a playoff game which is out of the quarterback's control. Teams win without good quarterback play, and a quarterback can play a great game and still lose. So wins and losses aren't the end all be all you propose. The Steelers don't win solely because of Ben, and the Cowboys don't lose solely because of Romo. So, it's illogical to assume Ben is better than Romo solely because Ben's team has won play off games.

Last edited by cloppbeast; 09-24-2011 at 12:56 PM.
cloppbeast is offline  
Old 09-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #228
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Ryan? Absolutely 100 percent wrong. Have you watched the Falcons? Mularkey has installed the same run, run, pass, punt philosophy in the Cowher tenure. Turner carries that offense. Their D is also pretty solid.
100% ! That's a lot of percent.
cloppbeast is offline  
Old 09-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #229
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 366 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
I guess perception is reality. We have nothing further to discuss then. It's a fact that Ben carries the Steelers. That's a fact. It's a fact because you say so......



You can set whatever parameters you want. If he needs to win some more close games to prove his good, fair enough. I just think it's ridiculous, and deserves another.....



Dude's got about 4 Pro-bowls, a Super Bowl, and a Super Bowl MVP, and you need to see more? Does he need to cure cancer too? lol



So, in other words, he's going to the HOF because he got drafted by the Steelers. Great.



Do you think I would run into as much resistance in a Ravens forum?

Obviously not.....

I'm not running into resistance because I "contradict fact", it's because I'm arguing with a bunch of homers who think anybody who doesn't share their opinion is an idiot.



How good the facts show he is, is solely a matter of opinion.....except your opinion, which is a fact. lol

This is ALL a matter of opinion. Who is the best quarterback is completely opinion.

Ben went to 3 Super Bowls and won 2. This is a fact. It is also a fact that he consistently takes 50 sacks a season. It's also a fact that he isn't as efficient in the red-zone compared to other quarterbacks. It's also a fact he has orchestrated a bunch of 4th quarter comebacks.

These are all facts. When you evaluate these facts to determine where he ranks among his peers - that is an opinion.

You think he's good because he wins close games 17-14, and because he wins Super Bowls, and because he orchestrates comebacks. Those are the facts you use to come to your conclusion.

Other than his clutchness, I'm not impressed with the above facts - not as much as you, anyway. This doesn't mean your view is based on facts and mine isn't. It means we interpreted the facts differently.

I just wish you could respect my view for what it is: a different interpretation of the facts.

But no, it won't happen. Your interpretation is fact. I get it.



BTW, don't bother responding if you're either going to insult me again, or claim your view is superior because it's based on fact. I will not reply, and you will have just wasted your time.



I watch what happens on the field as well.
You still cant grasp reality, fact from opinion, when I just layed it out so easily for you. I have some comments for what you have said, but I will keep them to myself since you cant even understand the basics of reality, let alone anything about football. To clarify what I am saying, your comprehension of things is so poor, that I cant logically discuss football with you because you dont comprehend the basics of a conversation, like what makes something a fact or an opinion, let alone ANYTHING to do with football. Enjoy your fantasy league.
tanda10506 is offline  
Old 09-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #230
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,420
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 313
Thanked 860 Times in 412 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
I didn't say you were myopic.

I said:

"That's a pretty myopic way to look at it, IMO."

I did not flat out call you myopic. I said that in my opinion, your reasoning is myopic.

Your view is myopic in my opinion because you discount Ryan and Romo solely because they haven't won as many playoff games. You fail to consider everything else that goes into winning a playoff game which is out of the quarterback's control. Teams win without good quarterback play, and a quarterback can play a great game and still lose. So wins and losses aren't the end all be all you propose. The Steelers don't win solely because of Ben, and the Cowboys don't lose solely because of Romo. So, it's illogical to assume Ben is better than Romo solely because Ben's team has won play off games.
But it's safe to assume, at this point in his career, that Romo is a big-game choker. Whether he does or does not "carry" his team to the big games, he certainly is the one who loses them. That's a big difference with Ben. And Rivers is fast approaching that territory as well.
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts