Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #21
Navy86
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18326
Default Re: Not so fast

So, we lose to the Pats...a couple of other games maybe...don't care. Get into the Playoffs and take it from there. The bottom line is we won the game we were supposed to, and we'll win some others we are supposed to. I'm fine w/ that. I'm not going to go into the fetal position and start sucking my thumb because we aren't perfect. I sure as heck am going to enjoy the win, though, and yes, we are back to form...the form of winning and that is what matters.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #22
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
that's a good thing because that'd be 2 automatic losses for us

difference between the pats-steelers and steelers-ravens matchups is the ravens win some of them, and when they lose usually play well enough to keep it close. we usually are on the wrong side of an ass raping with a baseball bat wrapped with barbed wire when facing the patriots
Yeah, you're right. They're definitely in your head.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:36 PM   #23
Moose
Water Boy

Member Number: 18658

Exactly Wicked ! I'm glad we got the win, a win is good anyway you get it, but I'd like to see a good performance and some good rhythm. I just don't feel comfortable with this team yet. They were lucky on interceptions, which Ben would have had 2 if not for the dropping by Seattle, they couldn't score from the 1yrd line on 1st down....which I'm almost positive that Ben could have punched it in on 2 or 3 tries. But instead we come away with NO points. Wallace was the only player that looked 'pumped' out there. There just doesn't seem like there is any determination, emotion, rhythm or whatever out there on the field. Just going thru the motions...so to speak. There should have been at least another 14+ points scored. Hopefully they find their mojo within the next few weeks, because I could see a team with a mediocre defense putting it to them like the ratbirds did. GO STEELER's.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #24
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Great job Steelers...I think we all know Seattle is horrid but we will take it!
Old 09-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #25
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSteel View Post
I know I will get flamed for this and ripped up and down but I'm saying it anyway.

A lot of you are going on about how the Steelers are "back to form" and that last week was just a "off day".

I'm here to say that there was nothing impressive at all out there today. The Seahawks are BAD, really bad. They have little in the way of offense and even less in the way of defense.

Mendy and Redman broke some runs today but they got stuffed quite a bit too. Mendy was dancing around in the backfield a lot, looking for a hole that wasn't provided by the O line. The Steelers were inside the 10 twice and came away with 3 points. They continue to struggle near the goal line and have no answers for it.

Ben got beat up again today. I didn't watch last week's game but from what I have heard, Ben was destroyed handily by the Ravens. He goes from one of the best defenses in the league to one of the worst and continues to get pounded. Your $100 million QB should not be taking that abuse. He is one blindside sack away from another concussion or major injury that could end his season or career.

Sure, the D got a shutout but it is Seattle that we are talking about! It is extremely difficult to shut out any NFL teams but it is far from being really impressive. I mean, we're talking about Tavaris Jackson and Golden Tate here! I'll give them props but it was nothing earth shattering.

Receivers looked good today in spite of Ben throwing numerous high balls their way. Wallace's impressive finger tip catch and Ward's tip toe catch were especially impressive. Sanders also had a good game again and Brown was visible.

The whole point is that Seattle is NOT Baltimore. Baltimore is a contender and Seattle is not. If Flacco could carve up the secondary like that, how are they going to stop Brady when he comes to town? He may well set the single game passing record against us! They will also have to face Shaub and a new Matt Hasselbeck, not to mention the Titans' front 7 which will likely be in Ben's grill all day.

The Steelers have MAJOR issues right now and it doesn't look good. Maybe they will find ways to fix them but then again, maybe not. They will have serious problems against contender teams if they can't find ways to correct their shortcomings. The "explosive offense" that was supposed to take pressure off an aging D is not looking very good right now. The O line was a concern all through the off season and it is rearing it's ugly head already just two games in.
Dude, Ben got sacked twice, and only got hit three times, wanna compare that to last week? I just tink that you are fixated on the Ravens game last week, we did our job.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #26
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,530 Times in 3,968 Posts

its a shame the steelers have to play a full slate of 16 regular season games w/o giving the fans the instant gratification they so deserve, with a superbowl game in september.

we all better start apologizing for having to play the manningless colts, now.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #27
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

We all knew this before the game, though it was great that our D shut out the Seahawks offense.

Our real victory was Baltimore losing to Tennessee. That was absolutely huge for us.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:52 AM   #28
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

We beat a terrible team by shutting them out. They got across the 50 yard line one time. What do you people want? I realize the red zone stuff still sucks but it has for years because of a terrible O-line. The Ravens got beat by a crap team today. So we are now tied for the lead with everyone else in the division. Winning the division is the most important part and it only took one week to get back to a first place tie. Baltimore has the tie breaker right now, but that could easily change by the time we play them in our next matchup. I am keeping the faith until we are completely done. The Patriots and Texans could easily kill us but that is not a given either. I think we are better than some are willing to give them credit for but not as good as we should be. One game at a time. If we beat the Colts you know it will be reported that it is only because Manning is not there. But who cares. A win is a win on the way to becoming a playoff team no matter how bad the teams we play are. We have a lot of crap teams on the schedule this year.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:02 AM   #29
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

I don't think the Steelers are "back to form" just yet, but they played pretty well and got back to winning. We should beat the Manningless Colts and back to back wins against any team will give you confidence. As far as saying that there was nothing impressive, there was, it's just not deemed impressive because it's against the Seahawks. Anytime you shut out an NFL team that's impressive, Lynch is a good RB and he had no success today, and the offense played pretty well. 22/30, 298 yards, a touchdown and no picks, that's pretty good passing. Mendenhall and Redman played well. Overall, I'm still worried about our O line a lot, Foster had a great block and it seemed like they are getting better run blocking, but the pass blocking is still horrible. The only reason we weren't getting hurried and sacked more is because Seattle isn't that good, if that was the Jets or Ravens Ben would have been running a lot more. It's possible that the line will improve the more they play, and Gilbert played well, the more he plays he might turn into a solid point on the line like Pouncey is now. Another thing I'm still worried about is the lack of pass rush. Polamalu looks to have his timing back, Gay played pretty well and Taylor has been playing well so far, if we can get some pass rush from our heavily payed outside backers that are known for getting pass rush, then we will play much better against passing teams. It still didn't seem like the team was playing with any passion/intesnsity, even the announcers mentioned that. I know it's hard to get pumped up for the Seahawks, but this team has to get back to playing "pumped up" football where everyone is flying around cracking heads and making plays. All that said, I'm pretty happy about today's game. We missed a few opportunities but overall we handled the game the way we should and made progress.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:04 AM   #30
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,530 Times in 3,968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
We all knew this before the game, though it was great that our D shut out the Seahawks offense.

Our real victory was Baltimore losing to Tennessee. That was absolutely huge for us.
when you say "our" and "us" in this context, are you referring to the players or the fans (or do you consider them one in the same)?

because the REAL (meaning things that really happen in the real world according to people tapped into reality) victory for the team and players was beating the seahawks.