Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #11
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651
Default Re: Wk. 2- The good, the bad, & the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
A win is a win but that was against a god awful Seahawks team. What happened to scoring points in the second half of games?
We did not need to, this is not college football, no need to blow out an opponent. Plus we scored a TD in the second half.
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #12
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
the good-
ben roethlisburger- despite the announcers constantly harping on his high throws (as if he was having a horrible game) he finished 22-30 for a tang hair under 300 yds.

mike wallace
hines ward- crushing linebackers on run plays and that sideline catch show why he isnt yet relegated to the bench. one of our most heady and reliable players.
emmanuel sanders and antonio brown- these guys would probably easilly be starters on the colts, replacing the likes of pierre garcon or anthony gonzalez, where they wouldnt be asked to do nothing more than run fast and catch the ball. unfortunately we arent the colts and we have a run game. their time will come. int the meantime their return skills are starting to look exceptional.

(and heath and rashard who had a few combined receptions as well)

all in all the ball catchers hands were glue.

19 rushes by mendenhall and a more ballanced attack called by arians (although there is a sack or 2 and 5 rushing attempts not counted as pass plays).

shutout and 5 sacks ;by the defense goes w/o saying, but im saying it cause it was good.

the bad-

ben getting beat up.

heath miller with only 1 rec and i think just targeted twice.

suisham missing an easy 41 yarder with absolutely no wind. theres gonna come a time where a 41 yard fg is the difference of a win or loss, or we need a critical kick to win a game. lets hope he got it out of his system in a game where points werent a premium.

the announcers apologizing for his miss talking how hard it is to kick into the open endzone as if there were wind that might have missed his kick. he flat out missed.

the ugly-

red zone and especially goaline offense. ben can sneak the ball. have we EVER let rashard try a dive play? the slow developing shit with a foot to go, has got to be tossed out the window.

ben actually being called a drama queen because he had the audacity to show physical evidence of pain, on a play that knocked the qb queen, tom brady, out for the season.

refs will not throw a flag in bens favor unless their jobs are on the line for blatant neglect of the rules. roger goodell (who is currently at the concussed mike vicks bedside) probably cursed when he saw ben re-enter the game.

I agree with everything you said Tony. I was watching NFL network showing the replay of the hit on Ben and Jamie Dukes said and I quote "I wouldn't have thrown the flag". Honest to God I mean I know he is a dumbass to the 10th degree but that comment sets a new record for stupidity!!!
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #13
SunshineMan21
Starter

Member Number: 9294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/09...-isaac-redman/

check out this breakdown of redman's 20 yard play. ward and foster totally beasted on their blocks.
Man, Ward destroys Thomas.
SunshineMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #14
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/09...-isaac-redman/

check out this breakdown of redman's 20 yard play. ward and foster totally beasted on their blocks.
Nice. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #15
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny136200 View Post
We did not need to, this is not college football, no need to blow out an opponent. Plus we scored a TD in the second half.
Need to nope but couldn't seemed more like it.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #16
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Nice writeup Tony.The game went well and I cant wait til we see the rats again.My biggest concern is also keeping Ben off his back! How the hell do the Patsys do it every year with the patchwork O-lines protecting baby Brady so well?He constantly sits back there with all the time in the world picking people apart.Our own patchwork O-line needs some of that mojo...Obviously Ben can throw,and with our recievers we would really be unstoppable!!! COME ON O-LINE!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:22 AM   #17
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

THE GOOD

1) Pitching a shutout, no matter who it is against, is sweeeeeeettt. Especially for a defensive unit that took a BEATING in the press after the week 1 debacle in Baltimore.

2) Seeing a healthy rotation of Redman and Mendy. Really nice one-two punch.

3) Marcus Gilbert played well and gives us some hope for the future of our Oline.

THE BAD

1) The knee hits on Ben. I thought that first one was our season swirling down the drain. But after finding out Ben was fine, that was some FUNNY AZZ rag doll physics when he went down-- arms outstretched in a "Y", and crumpled to the ground in slow motion. I wish Madden NFL had rag doll physics that hilarious-- instead all I get is my guys walking off the field holding his arm when it says he hurt his chest LOL!

2) Our red zone woes are back (not sure if they ever left).

THE BEST

1) Seattle has not scored a single point against us since 3rd quarter of SB XL.

2) The Ravens forgot they had to prepare for the other 30 teams in the NFL and got brought back down to earth by a mediocre Titans team. Flacco was back to just plain old Joe Sack-o and Ray Lewis's age showed in that loss. The score of that week 1 game means nothing now, 1-1 is 1-1.