Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,530 Times in 3,968 Posts
Default Feds: Home of Bengals' Simpson a pot distribution center

good ol bungles at it again-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ibution-center

Quote:
Police said a package containing 2 1/2 pounds of marijuana was delivered from Eureka, Calif., to the suburban Kentucky home of Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Jerome Simpson on Tuesday, where authorities say they conducted a search and found six more pounds of marijuana inside.

Michelle Gregory, spokeswoman for the California Department of Justice, confirmed to the Cincinnati Enquirer a report published by CaliforniaWatch.org, a group of investigative journalists, on Wednesday night, which detailed the operation. It was initiated by a special marijuana task force after agents discovered a suspicious package at a commercial sorting facility in Sacramento.

Simpson's teammate, offensive tackle Anthony Collins, was also present when a woman, identified as Aleen Smith, 27, accepted the package on Tuesday. All three were questioned at the residence, but no arrests were made at the time.

Simpson told police that he lived at the residence and gave officers consent to search the premises, Gregory said. Police allegedly found other empty parcels, scales and packaging material inside Simpson's home.

"The house was set up as a potential distribution network," said Tommy LaNier, head of the National Marijuana Initiative, a group that is funded by the Office of National Drug Control Policy and helps coordinate marijuana enforcement operations around the United States. "They had it all set up to receive supplies of high-grade marijuana from Northern California, and from there, it was being distributed from that residence," LaNier told California Watch.

All the packages were sent from an area of Northern California known as the "Emerald Triangle," LaNier said. The area is known for producing large amounts of marijuana.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said he had heard rumors of the bust but had no further comment.

"There’s nothing of substance in the development of rumors that we’re aware of," he said. "There’s nothing to hang a hat on at this point."
so actually finding the 6 pounds of hippie lettuce in his home is nothing to hang a hat on? lmao... whatever.

of course nothing will come of this and it will be swept under the rug with nothing more than a slap on the wrist, so the poor ol bungle can get back to slangin weed to his teammates.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124
Default Re: Feds: Home of Bengals' Simpson a pot distribution center

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
course nothing will come of this and it will be swept under the rug with nothing more than a slap on the wrist.
You call it dealing pot, I call it civil disobedience.

Why should a victimless crime have a punishment at all?
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
tony hipchest

it shouldnt. but its a bungle and theyre dumbasses. its illegal. havent you tried and convicted big ben of a victimless crime? cut it with the double standard.

thats all besides the point. selling 6 pounds of pot and running a distribution ring is illegal, and in this case (being caught red handed) there is far more evidence than in bens case.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Quote:
it shouldnt. but its a bungle and theyre dumbasses. its illegal. havent you tried and convicted big ben of a victimless crime? cut it with the double standard.
I've never suggested Ben should receive punishment for a victimless crime. I don't think I've ever suggested Ben receive punishment for anything. Although, I have called him an idiot for some of his behavior.

And I can tell you, I would absolutely never give anyone a hard time about smoking or selling pot - including Ben.

So no, I have no double standard. You just compare behaviors that need not be compared.

BTW, sexual assault is not a victimless crime.

Quote:
thats all besides the point. selling 6 pounds of pot and running a distribution ring is illegal, and in this case (being caught red handed) there is far more evidence than in bens case.
Within the NFL's former application of the conduct policy, these clowns would have recieved punishment. It seems to me, though, recently the NFL has set a new precedent. Perhaps in light of scrutiny, Goodell realized the error of his ways. He seems a bit more relaxed, probably to ease some of the tension between he and the players.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
I've never suggested Ben should receive punishment for a victimless crime. I don't think I've ever suggested Ben receive punishment for anything. Although, I have called him an idiot for some of his behavior.

And I can tell you, I would absolutely never give anyone a hard time about smoking or selling pot - including Ben.

So no, I have no double standard. You just compare behaviors that need not be compared.

BTW, sexual assault is not a victimless crime.

Within the NFL's former application of the conduct policy, these clowns would have recieved punishment. It seems to me, though, recently the NFL has set a new precedent. Perhaps in light of scrutiny, Goodell realized the error of his ways. He seems a bit more relaxed, probably to ease some of the tension between he and the players.
my bad, i musta had you crossed with someone else in regards to ben. but you did give ben a hard time for riding a bike w/o a helmet so how can i believe you wouldnt if they found 6 elbows and dealers paraphanelia inside his home?

santonio was suspended 4 games for blazing a blunt twice. we'll see if goodell thinks running a distribution ring is the same as getting pulled over with a joint in your ashtray. my bet is he does and simpson will simply be put into the 1st strike drug testing program.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Quote:
but you did give ben a hard time for riding a bike w/o a helmet so how can i believe you wouldnt if they found 6 elbows and dealers paraphanelia inside his home?
Other than me telling you that I wouldn't?

Nobody ever died by smoking pot. Nobody ever recieved brain damage from smoking pot. So, really, I don't even see your line of reasoning, anyway. Unless you derive right and wrong from law-makers.

Quote:
santonio was suspended 4 games for blazing a blunt twice. we'll see if goodell thinks running a distribution ring is the same as getting pulled over with a joint in your ashtray. my bet is he does and simpson will simply be put into the 1st strike drug testing program.
I don't know if you missed me saying this earlier, but it appears that Goodell has altered his approach to punishing players. So what happened 2 years ago doesn't really apply anymore.

You wouldn't suggest overturning Brown v Board of Education because it was unfair to Homer Plessy, would you?
Old 09-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,763 Times in 2,139 Posts

Quote:
You call it dealing pot, I call it civil disobedience.

Why should a victimless crime have a punishment at all?

Thats what thy say about all the people killed in DUI accidents.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #8
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post

Thats what thy say about all the people killed in DUI accidents.
And what does a DUI have to do with smoking pot?
Old 09-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #9
tony hipchest

Quote:
. Nobody ever recieved brain damage from smoking pot.

?
are you saying this from personal experience? because if so, i would beg to differ.

Quote:
but it appears that Goodell has altered his approach to punishing players. So what happened 2 years ago doesn't really apply anymore.
goodell doesnt have an approach. he does everything arbitrarily.

Quote:
Unless you derive right and wrong from law-makers.

perhaps you need to consider the difference between law-makers and rule makers.

its against the rules for an nfl player to turn his home into an illegal drug ring, shipping and moving pounds of cali kush, just like mike vicks racketeering and slaughtering of dogs was against the rules, just like ben getting a blowie in the bathroom is against the rules.

but leave it to you to defend a bungle turd. i wonder if he's claiming all his profits as income to the IRS. oh, but he'll just lie about that. is lying illegal? in most cases no, but it is still wrong. i dont need to rely on law-makers to tell me that.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #10
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Quote:
are you saying this from personal experience? because if so, i would beg to differ.
Beg to differ then: show me a person who get brain damage and/or died from smoking pot.

Quote:
its against the rules for an nfl player to turn his home into an illegal drug ring, shipping and moving pounds of cali kush, just like mike vicks racketeering and slaughtering of dogs was against the rules, just like ben getting a blowie in the bathroom is against the rules.
So is beating people up. Yet, that one dumbass WR from the Titans didn't get punished.

I don't know why it slipped past you that several players have broke the rules this offseason and didn't recieve punishment. This leads me to believe that Goodell has changed his approach to appeall to players as a less unilateral leader. He recieved a lot of criticism from players for his Stalin like punishments and siding with the owners in the new CBA. It seems to me he's trying to bridge the gap.

Quote:
but leave it to you to defend a bungle turd.
From my perspective, I defend a man who smokes pot. I could really care less where he plays football.

Quote:
i wonder if he's claiming all his profits as income to the IRS.
First of all, I don't think it's been confirmed that he's selling it. In the eyes of the law, it's just assumed based on quantity. Nevertheless, he could have just bought in bulk.

Either way, I doubt it. Claiming profits from drug dealing usually gets you caught.

Quote:
oh, but he'll just lie about that. is lying illegal? in most cases no, but it is still wrong. i dont need to rely on law-makers to tell me that.
Lying is bad, but lying to evade punishment from an activity that shouldn't be punished isn't as bad. It's more of a pragmatic lie.