Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #21
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124
Default Re: Feds: Home of Bengals' Simpson a pot distribution center

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
You do understand what Driving Under the Influence is.

That covers anything from alcohol to prescription drugs, including pot.
yes, but apparently you dont uunderstand that driving has to occur.

u connect smoking pot with absolutley no mention of driving with a dui. amazing.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,828 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
i could honestly care less if he smokes it or deals it. i dont have a problem with a person smoking it; i dont have a problem with a person selling it.

well heres the thing you gotta understand, cloppbeast- this isnt about you. it is completely irrelevant what you have a problem with. unfortunately for simpson he doesnt live in the state of you, and if he lives in the state of kentucky he is looking at a felony and a possible 5-10 years in prison.

it doesnt matter if you approve or not.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:58 AM   #23
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,095 Times in 2,383 Posts

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Simpson will play against the 49ers, despite a looming investigation based on the delivery of a package containing 2.5 pounds of marijuana to his house ó and the discovery of another six pounds of marijuana inside.

Simpson did not practice on Thursday or Friday, after reports of the Tuesday incident came to light.

Since he has not yet been arrested or charged, thereís no policy that prevents Simpson from playing. Indeed, because the NFL has exclusive jurisdiction over matters of this nature, the Bengals technically have no ability to impose any discipline on Simpson, if they were even inclined to do so.

Given that itís the Bengals, itís safe to say theyíre not even inclined to do so.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-for-bengals/

Is the "exclusive jurisdiction" of Goodell over this a new provision of the contract?

Remember when Tomlin sat Holmes for the 2008 Giants game after the Pittsburgh PD caught Holmes with a small amount of weed? I do not recall any claim the Steelers could not do anything on their own.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,828 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Is the "exclusive jurisdiction" of Goodell over this a new provision of the contract?

Remember when Tomlin sat Holmes for the 2008 Giants game after the Pittsburgh PD caught Holmes with a small amount of weed? I do not recall any claim the Steelers could not do anything on their own.
in the case of holmes, the steelers nipped that in the bud by doing it the right way.

i remember someone (not sure if it was a union rep or mediot) trying to raise a stink about it.

the steelers werent able to suspend him, but the HC has every right in the world to not start, bench, or even inactivate him.

this is another case of PFT not having full understanding of the intricacies of the rules.

but they are certainly right about one thing- the bengals best player could be caught on tape beating the shit out of marvin lewis, and he would still play until the justice system ran its course.