Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-26-2011, 07:28 AM   #21
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Cut Scott tomorrow

THAT was the worst game i think i've ever seen an OL play. Don't laugh.....he could get cut and we could call one of many released players sitting around waiting for the phone to ring.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #22
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Yeah but it's not like he's been even remotely solid in the past, he played a full season last year and even if we went to the Super Bowl he was easily the weakest link on that line.

He's nothing more than an emergency backup but he's started like our last 20 games or something...
You have the memory of a flea.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #23
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
My Mood: Yeehaw

No point in cutting him- his salary is guaranteed and right now we just need bodies....Sign Adams or Starks....and use Scott as a backup. I agree with everyone here- he looked lost out there!
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:26 PM   #24
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post
I saw that replay of the fumble. Scott and Gilbert both were in on that play and completely botched it. They both just stood there and watched as Ben got knocked down and the ball came out. At least Gilbert tried to make a tackle, but he was way off the play and too little-too late. So I don't see how Gilbert is really any better at this point.

ON the forced fumble sack for a TD Freeney caused can you explain how exactly Gilbert botched anything?. He did his job blocking his assignment, his back was to the QB so he had no idea that Scott let freeney go and the fumble was caused. Personally I thought Gilbert was the lone bright spot last night on the OL. And the with sack / fumble caused by Mathis, Gilbert did his job there too, ben had 5 plus seconds to throw, THAT WAS NOT ON GILBERT.
Scott had one of the worst games I have seen and there was no continuity in the run blocking, but from what I watched of Gilbert he did a good job and when he cam back in and played LT after he was injured he did a decent job then as well.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #25
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

He's the worst starting LT in the game, period. I've never seen one lineman get beat so bad so much. Gilbert looked way better, I only recall Gilbert having one bad play, as opposed to Scott where almost every play was bad. I know he was against Freeney, but I have never seen a game where a offensive lineman was highlighted and replayed so many times, nearly every offensive play. One time Freeney acutally spun him around like a top and threw him away, like he was a hitting dummy or something. And he looked like a "dummy" a lot to, he played a lot of games last year, there is no reason for him to look so lost on the field, especially when the rookie didn't. I think Gilbert is going to be good, he looks good, he came in hurt and looked better then Scott. Pouncey is great, Gilbert I think will end up playing solid this year, Kemoeatu isn't good but he's not that bad and he's a good pulling gaurd, I think if we get a good, solid, left tackle we will be ok. We can get by with a poor RG I think, we've gotten along with worse, we just can't have the blindside tackle playing like a backup for UCLA.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #26
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
THAT was the worst game i think i've ever seen an OL play. Don't laugh.....he could get cut and we could call one of many released players sitting around waiting for the phone to ring.
2008 regular season against the Eagles was worse, but not by much. Ironically it happened around the same week of the season. Hopefully the rest of the season plays out similarly.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #27
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

When Freeney Bullrushed Scott into the backfield i lost turned off my TV
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #28
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Sick

I don't think one O Lineman had a decent game and that includes Pouncey. It might have been his worst game too...
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #29
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,373 Times in 1,047 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

can we also cut Arians
Old 09-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #30
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
2008 regular season against the Eagles was worse, but not by much. Ironically it happened around the same week of the season. Hopefully the rest of the season plays out similarly.
Painful memory. Yeah, right around week four, which I remember because Tomlin seems to be 3-1 every single year (which bodes well for us next week, at least ).