Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #31
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943
Default Re: Relax, we won

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
Especially when your quarterback rarely takes less than 6 seconds the throw.......yeah, blame that one on the lineman. lol.

He probably should've stuck to his block, but God Damn!, he handled one of the best ****ing DEs in the league. He's a rookie, how much more do you want from him?

I blame the 8 year $100 million franchize quarterback. He made a stupid decision. He should have known better. Ben needs to turn down the clock in his head when he has a rooking LT going up against a super star defensive end. If Ben isn't smart enough to figure that out on his own, his coaches need to tell him.
I'm not blaming anything on Gilbert. He should have finished his block, ESPECIALLY because he was facing a super-star DE! I agree Ben does stupid shi! at times, but he's also won us a fair amount of games with his play.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #32
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Hello? Is there anyone in there? I'm not saying it might not make a difference, I'm saying we don't know what difference it would make. Contrary to your misguided belief we have to play the gamesto determine the outcome.
Right. I can tell you with no uncertainty that Manning would have completed many of the missed throws from Collins/Painter. Now, you do the math.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #33
jtbsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 18760

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
relax its a win? lol
How can you be happy when we've beaten the hapless Seahawks and barely beat the Colts who finished the 4th w/their 3rd stringer? I don't know about 'relaxin'
We'll see what happens next week when we play a decent team. I think we all know whats likely to happen....so its hard to relax at this point. The criticism going around seems justified.
I hear you and I'm usually hard on them, but next week will make the 3rd out of the first 4 games on the road. Win that and I'll feel damn good.

The Oline is a wreck and Colon going out has f'd up the options. I think next season will be the one where they throw wholesale numbers at the oline. Farrior and Smith will be gone on the D and that will make way for younger players.

This is a 12 win season if we can win next week.
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #34
jtbsteeler
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
I agree that the offense is an issue. But, this defense was the #1 defesne in the league last year. We spent butt-loads of money to keep them together. We got Smith back from injury. We signed a DL in the first round. Yet, we are still getting no pass rush. Making bone-headed coverage mistakes. And having issues against the run.

The offense boils down to the o-line. Fix that & we are fine. Not that it's that simple. I also think it wouldn't hurt to draft a speed RB. Mendy has been dancing too much (no holes?) and I love Redman, but we need a threat to get on the edge and run to daylight....a la Fast Willie.
Hate to say it, but there's your problem. Ziggy Hood had this run D at record levels late last season. I don't recognize this Aaron Smith. And Tomlin is as stubborn as Cowher was with some of the veterans on this team.

Farrior and Smith must sit. Thanks for the 3 bowls in 6 seasons...
Old 09-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #35
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
Hate to say it, but there's your problem. Ziggy Hood had this run D at record levels late last season. I don't recognize this Aaron Smith. And Tomlin is as stubborn as Cowher was with some of the veterans on this team.

Farrior and Smith must sit. Thanks for the 3 bowls in 6 seasons...
I absolutely agree. Ziggy should be playing. Not sure about sitting Farrior - who would replace him?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #36
SteelMusic
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 9792

The problem IS the offense. Like someone pointed out earlier, Ike guessed on that play and whiffed. He got his ass chewed out for it, but overall, our defense kept them in check and played well overall. The thing is, our offense should have had this game out of reach and our defense should have been working with obvious passing situations most of the game. Our offense keep putting our D in bad situations and beyond that, we should have had the game out of reach. Our offense did not put up points, and even worse, they turned the ball over and gave up points. I don't think fans should be 'relaxed' about getting this win. Look who we beat (so far) and look who we lost to and how bad we lost. Think about it.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #37
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
I'm not blaming anything on Gilbert. He should have finished his block, ESPECIALLY because he was facing a super-star DE! I agree Ben does stupid shi! at times, but he's also won us a fair amount of games with his play.
Ben's historical record at winning games is exactly that: history; and hightly debatable I might add. Nevertheless, that's a seperate discussion.

In recent history, Ben has costed us more games than he's won us. He got lucky he's on Troy Polamalu's team last night, otherwise he'd have costed us another one.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #38
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMusic View Post
The problem IS the offense. Like someone pointed out earlier, Ike guessed on that play and whiffed.
Probably Ike thought: "Our offense is awful. They probably won't score again, so I'll take a chance here......" It's a damn shame when your defense has to score to beat the worst team in the league.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #39
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Right. I can tell you with no uncertainty that Manning would have completed many of the missed throws from Collins/Painter. Now, you do the math.
Okay, we'll play your game some more. In your fantasy world Manning isn't injured,and completes those passes. How do you know that the receivers don't fumble after the catch? Or on the ensuing play that the RB doesn't fumble? Or there's a bad snap? Or that Ben doesn't turn the ball over 3 freaking times?
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #40
jtbsteeler
Team Captain

Quote:
I absolutely agree. Ziggy should be playing. Not sure about sitting Farrior - who would replace him?
Does it matter? You see Farrior on the bench more this season for a reason. He's getting worn out trying to stay with tight ends and backs out of the back field. And he's getting blown away on run plays at an alarming rate. When you can say larry Foote is playing better than farrior, that speaks volumes.