Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #51
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329
Default Re: Relax, we won

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
If they could just win every game they could win against anybody. lol

What have you seen from this team to suggest they could score 3 TDs without turning the ball against anybody outside of the pacific northwest?

I want too play the ifs and buts game some more.

If we go no huddle and throw deep on every down we're all but guaranteed to score at least 3 touchdowns a game. Of course that leaves our defense on the field for right around 50 minutes of every game. But, that doesn't really matter either because our defense sucks and is going to get torched by every qb out there.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #52
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
I want too play the ifs and buts game some more.

If we go no huddle and throw deep on every down we're all but guaranteed to score at least 3 touchdowns a game. Of course that leaves our defense on the field for right around 50 minutes of every game. But, that doesn't really matter either because our defense sucks and is going to get torched by every qb out there.
Nope. Not every QB - just the good one's...you know, the kind that made our defense look silly in the Super Bowl. Of course, I guess that was on the offense too?
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #53
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Nope. Not every QB - just the good one's...you know, the kind that made our defense look silly in the Super Bowl. Of course, I guess that was on the offense too?
21 points off 3 turnovers and a missed field goal

Why am I not surprised that you would overlook that? You've already made it abundantly clear that in your world turnovers by the offense have no bearing on the games outcome.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #54
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
21 points off 3 turnovers and a missed field goal

Why am I not surprised that you would overlook that? You've already made it abundantly clear that in your world turnovers by the offense have no bearing on the games outcome.
Not what I'm saying. The Steelers on offense have been essentially the same for about 3 years. Big Ben running for his life, making some key plays & a handful of boneheaded mistakes. But, that's what we have. We've known it for 3 years & not much was done to change it in the offseason. Why would you expect any different?

On the other hand, we spents MILLIONS of dollars to keep our defense intact. That defense has played very poorly this year so far. They are not what we expected from them. Timmons? Absent. Woodley? Absent. Farrior? Absent. Foote? Absent. Aaron Smith? Absent. Keisel? Absent. Ziggy? Absent. Worilds? Who knows? Gay? Mostly absent. McFadden? Absent. Polamalu & Ike are the only players that have been consistent for the last two games. Harrison came on a bit against Seattle & played well yesterday.

The Steelers can't beat teams with good o-line's and QBs if we play like we did yesterday.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #55
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Right, Rodgers and Brady beat us passing, almost every other QB doesn't.

As to Ben being the one still delivering in the end and winning the game even though he's running around, that can't keep happening. He has some great receivers and a great TE, this line is so bad though that Ben is going to go downhill unless they do something about it. As mentioned, he already has to look at the edges of the line instead of down field, that will turn into many interceptions throughout the season. Also always getting blindsided and fumbling will frustrate him and make him lose his confidence. He will always be good on the run, that's just him, but he will not keep playing as well as he did last season and as well as he did last night (with the exception of the interception) if he's in constant panic. More mistakes will be made and the season could potentially get out of hand. Not having a running game doesn't help either, although I think Mendenhall is stuttering too much in the backfield, he did well at the end of last year and has shown he can be a good RB, I think the majority of the poor running game is on the O line too. This might be the only team that no matter how many good players they have, the O line is so bad that they end up losing because of it. Ultimately throughout the course of a season, if Ben has to deal with this nonsense every game, it will not even be physically possible for him to continue to perform, it won't happen. Gilbert looked good, we need to keep Legursky out and sign Flozell.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #56
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Well some people have it figured out, just pull Ben from the game and our problem is solved. Just put Rogers or Brady or Brees back there and our offensive woes are over. Oh my bad, we dont have those QBs. We have who we have, if you think his history of carrying this team at times is over then just hide and watch, this season is just getting started. Some of you guys I believe secretly root for a bad start so you can bash a player or Coach.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #57
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16598

I truly do have faith in this team... I am a little worried however. The O line is embarrassing. The defense acts like they forgot what football is, and Ben is scoring points for the other team (not entirely his fault - I understand) Suisham is not the answer at kicker. There are signs that point to panic, but it's football and we just can't do that... Let's go Tomlin get these guys mentally prepared...
Old 09-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #58
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Well some people have it figured out, just pull Ben from the game and our problem is solved. Just put Rogers or Brady or Brees back there and our offensive woes are over. Oh my bad, we dont have those QBs. We have who we have, if you think his history of carrying this team at times is over then just hide and watch, this season is just getting started. Some of you guys I believe secretly root for a bad start so you can bash a player or Coach.
I get a little weary of all the Big Ben-bashers too. Sure, he does some stupid shi!. But given state of our o-line during most of his tenure, most other QBs would be dead by now.

On the other hand, maybe that's why our FO has been so complacent about drafting O-line. They know Ben has the knack for avoiding the rush & making plays. I'd just love to see what he could do with the time that Brady has to throw.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #59
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,426 Times in 2,101 Posts
My Mood: Fine

All I'm saying is that we don't need to put up "30 and 40 burgers" as the Mooch would say. The offense just needs to be good and the lack of emphasis on turnovers is hilarious to me. Yes - EVERYONE on the offense is responsible for that.

Take that however you want. I'm also not buying the entire defense has aged over night. We have enough pieces in place to hold the fort and it is speculative, but we MIGHT have won #7 if we didn't turn it over. BUT - I do realize it i splitting hairs because Ben's arm was hit on the pick 6 and Matthews just flat out exploded on Mendy.

We still had a shot at the end despite our poor showing - so that is why I'm just saying a few touchdowns and a great showing by our defense will keep us right in it.

I, like many, will feel pretty good if we go in to Houston and win, no matter how ugly. Just want the W and Ben to stay healthy. Trust me, I'm not believin' no fool's gold. Wins were against Seahawks and Manningless Indy. But - they are on our schedule and how can anyone downplay a desperate pair of edge rushers?

I'm an eternal optimist so you can't convince me the sky is falling - yet. Time will tell.

Here's to hoping the o-line has a chance to improve

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote