Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #31
SteeleReign
Team President
 
SteeleReign's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,304
Member Number: 13943
Thanks: 331
Thanked 391 Times in 249 Posts
Default Re: Why is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMusic View Post
Our D is #2 in overall stats. Nuff said!
http://www.nfl.com/stats/team
Yep. And we've faced #'s 29 & 31 in total offense the last two weeks. Whoopdeedoo. If we are still there after playing Houston next week then I will eat my words and my keyboard.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #32
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Why is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
My point is that I'm more disappointed in the D because I expected more from them. The offensive issues are no surprise to me. I expected what we've gotten so far...well, except for 7 TOs at B-more.
Fair enough. I understand.

You counted on the defense more, and they've let you down. You never expected the offense to perform, so you aren't disappointed. Makes sense.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #33
SteeleReign
Team President
 
SteeleReign's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,304
Member Number: 13943
Thanks: 331
Thanked 391 Times in 249 Posts
Default Re: Why is it

[QUOTE=theplatypus;947519]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post

Ask away, but it's garbage fantasy land bs. It has absolutely no bearing on the game that played on the field. You might as well be playing Dungeons and Dragons. For every "if" that you come up with I can counter with another "if" and you can't discount it because it's just a figment of your imagination.
I hear what you're saying. I don't think it a stretch to assume that Manning would have made a difference.

Would the Colts have won? Maybe not? But, it doesn't change what I saw on the field. Open receivers all over the place. Manning + open receiver = trouble. Almost no pressure on the QB. Manning + no pressure + open receivers = BIG TROUBLE.

But, I guess that's just a figment of my imagination. Cuz that's never happened to us before. And Manning has never torched us before.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #34
SteelMusic
Team Captain
Supporter
 
SteelMusic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 706
Member Number: 9792
Thanks: 227
Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: Why is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Yep. And we've faced #'s 29 & 31 in total offense the last two weeks. Whoopdeedoo. If we are still there after playing Houston next week then I will eat my words and my keyboard.
Houston and SF played those teams and are they ranked #2? No! Did we shut out the Seahawks? Yes! Your point?
__________________
Here We Go Steelers!!!
SteelMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #35
BossAus
Draft Prospect
 
BossAus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Purdue University
Posts: 75
Member Number: 18668
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Hello? The defense that supposedly got no pressure, knocked the starting QB out of the game.
Yeah, because of one play. Farrior knocked down Collins late and he somehow concussed himself. That play and the Harrison forced fumble were the only pressures of the game.
BossAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #36
theplatypus
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,948
Member Number: 3329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossAus View Post
Yeah, because of one play. Farrior knocked down Collins late and he somehow concussed himself. That play and the Harrison forced fumble were the only pressures of the game.
I don't care if it was 1 or 21, it doesn't change the fact that the statement I addressed is based on a fallacy. The opposing QB's were 18-40 with a 3.5 ypc average, our defense didn't exactly get torched. Once again our offense turned the ball over 3 times in one quarter. Our supposed horrendous, soft as cotton defense held them to 6 points off two of those turnovers.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:23 PM   #37
Danny136200
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 245
Member Number: 17651
Thanks: 33
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Why is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
Defense had basically one bad series against a really bad offense. The offense and Arians did just about everything they could to lose that game.
And why blame bruce?
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #38
caplovestroyp43
Banned
 
caplovestroyp43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: STEELER NATION
Posts: 815
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16490
Thanks: 81
Thanked 309 Times in 181 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: Why is it

[QUOTE=SteeleReign;947527]
Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post

I hear what you're saying. I don't think it a stretch to assume that Manning would have made a difference.

Would the Colts have won? Maybe not? But, it doesn't change what I saw on the field. Open receivers all over the place. Manning + open receiver = trouble. Almost no pressure on the QB. Manning + no pressure + open receivers = BIG TROUBLE.

But, I guess that's just a figment of my imagination. Cuz that's never happened to us before. And Manning has never torched us before.
I think if Manning was in there last night, we would have been French Toast!
caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #39
SteeleReign
Team President
 
SteeleReign's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,304
Member Number: 13943
Thanks: 331
Thanked 391 Times in 249 Posts
Default Re: Why is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMusic View Post
Houston and SF played those teams and are they ranked #2? No! Did we shut out the Seahawks? Yes! Your point?
My point? We are Steelers, not the pathetic Texans and Niners. We were in the Super Bowl last year. We were expected to be a contender to get back. So far, our defense (and offense for that matter) won't get us back there.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #40
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 11,322
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 2,149
Thanked 8,378 Times in 3,511 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Why is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMusic View Post
Again, Our D is ranked #2 overall and #1 in pass defense. And all of this with an Offense that loves to put them in bad situations and keeps them on the field all damn game.
#1 in pass defense isn't hard if 66% of your games were against either tavaris jackson or kerry collins. now if they keep that ranking coming out of the texans game, then that would mean something
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts