Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-25-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,761 Times in 2,031 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Next weeks to-do list

-Bring the blitz! The steelers had a good defensive game in the First & Fourth quarter, and Harrison proved he's still the man to watch. If Woodley, Farrior and Timmons all step up as they normally do, this defense will be scary.

-Run the ball. The Steelers didn't run the ball with much success this game, and need to step up next week. I noticed that whenever the Steelers ran the ball two consecutive times, the second run was for a gain of at least 6. Maybe we need to run the ball consecutively more often, and use our other backs Mewelde and Isaac more often, they stepped up when they we're used.

-Protect the QB. Ben was comfortable early in the game, which allowed him to throw the ball effectively, and score points. After Ben's second fumble, which was no doubt the result of a missed block by Scott. Scott didn't even attempt to put a hand in the defenders face. After that fumble Ben was on edge for the remainder of the game. Give Ben a few seconds to throw it, and he'll put points on the board.

Good: Ben used Heath effectively this game. Heath was a major part of our SuperBowl team in 08, and he wasn't used much last year. Bring moose back!

Troy Polamalu was a mad man out there tonight. He was a nightmare for the opposing offense, and we need that from him on a weekly basis.

Ben was throwing very well out there. He only began to do less impressive shortly after the fumbles and mistakes. If our O-Line can step it up, Ben won't make mistakes, he'll make plays.

Bad: Mendenhall. Rashard is a great back, and when he gets a rhythm, he gets us yards. However. He makes too many moves before he gets to the line. He needs to run harder to the scrimmage and make moves once penetrating the gap. If there isn't a gap, make one.

I would list our offensive line, but you already know.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Next weeks to-do list

Mendenhall is not a " great back" a good back, yes.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Just one thing on the to do list for me.

Just run the ball. Run 70% of the time if you have to. Focus on the run and nothng but the run for the rest of the year. Get Mendy out sooner. Spell in Redman and Moore when you can.

If you run the ball, you'll give the o-line confidence and help the aging defense as well - plus help an ailing Ben who is fast becoming a turnover machine.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,135 Posts
My Mood: Fine

We are getting a little too close to seeing Ben get a serious injury to the legs.

How's that 5 million Smith salary looking after last night's string of injuries and Smith getting absolutely owned once again?

As far as Rashard goes - IMHO he dances because his O-line doesn't give him squat to work with. His only good runs are when he has to bounce it back out.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #5
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
We are getting a little too close to seeing Ben get a serious injury to the legs.

How's that 5 million Smith salary looking after last night's string of injuries and Smith getting absolutely owned once again?

As far as Rashard goes - IMHO he dances because his O-line doesn't give him squat to work with. His only good runs are when he has to bounce it back out.
The dancing Rashard does is ridiculas. He needs to run hard, there are (very) small creases available. Dancing like he's trying out for danicng with the stars loses 2 or 3 yards when he carries it. By contrast Redman hits it and if its no gain fine but he usually falls forward for at least a yard or two, which is better than losing 3.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #6
Brett Cottrell
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18842
Default Re: Donovan McNabb's Mom

Somebody needs to see if Donovan McNabb's mom can get some of her chunky soup mojo and help at Tackle. I bet she'd do pretty well.
Brett Cottrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #7
effyou515
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18713

DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER
effyou515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Re: Donovan McNabb's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Cottrell View Post
Somebody needs to see if Donovan McNabb's mom can get some of her chunky soup mojo and help at Tackle. I bet she'd do pretty well.

It certainly couldn't be any worse!

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #9
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

I love how you claim to know Ben's thought process.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #10
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Mendy could be a "great back" if he had a O-line opening holes! Im afraid of this game, with no pass rush up against a hot QB!!! WE NEED TO GET AT HIM!!!