Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #31
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Mendy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
wow, Mendy smart after his comments. I think his comments came without any thinking what so ever and were obtuse. So if he ran that way (on instinct instead of thinking) he should be fine. Anyone giving Bin Laden compassion is a effing retard.
You disagree with his stance on American muscle-flexing (a reflection of the "Cuban" part of you, perhaps) and so he's not smart? For the record, compassion is never "retarded"? Being able to control one's rage and feelings in general so as to be able to ask questions of the powers that be is indeed a mark of intelligence.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #32
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
He needs to stop the dancing. Pure and simple. I refuse to believe that Dick Hoak would have tolerated this for one second, let alone three games. The coaches need to straighten him out. Another well-timed benching from Tomlin could do wonders for him in the long run.
I buy this.

I still hold he doesn't have very good vision, though.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #33
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,118 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
You disagree with his stance on American muscle-flexing (a reflection of the "Cuban" part of you, perhaps) and so he's not smart? For the record, compassion is never "retarded"? Being able to control one's rage and feelings in general so as to be able to ask questions of the powers that be is indeed a mark of intelligence.
Thank you.

And well said!
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #34
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,510 Times in 1,524 Posts

in todays pass happy NFL RB's are all but obsolete , and its fullish to use a high draft pick on one or pay them a huge salary.
the picks and money are better spent on the oline which makes or breaks a RB.
i questioned the mendenhall pick on draft day , not because of his college resume , but because of the steelers commitment to putting good blockers in front of him. so far its been to little too late by the steelers.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #35
Men of Steel
Starter

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
Barry Sanders would have led the NFL IF HE HAD A DECENT O-LINE!!!

Oh wait......he did have a terrible o-line......and he did lead the league several times.......

If a RB needs a great o-line to average more than 4.0 YPC, that RB isn't very good. 4.0 YPC isn't asking much.

Mendenhall sucks. I don't care how bad his o-line is, a first round RB should never average what Mendenhall averages. It's pathetic, actually.
dude barry sanders did not need an oline!. HELL, he could have had NO OLINE at all and still led the league in rushing! the dude had mooves on top of moves. he was a true freak of nature.

RASHARD MENDENHALL IS NOT BARRY SANDERS!

so to agree with you..

YES!!! RASHARD NEEDS A GOOD OLINE!
and
YES!!! RASHARD SUCKS!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #36
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
compassion for a guy who has killed thousands of innocent people seems a little misguided to me. IMO its a little crazy, same as having compassion for a guy on death row who has killed people. Anyway if the guy wants to label Mendy an analytical thinker for that so be it, I still stand by my original opinion that its obtuse. Thats the beauty of this country we can each have an opinion. The only part of me that has anything to do with Cuba is the fact that I enjoy their cigars, my opinion is based on the fact that I believe in accountability and Osama was finally held accountable, therefore I celebrated his death.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #37
ricardisimo
Administrator

Quote:
compassion for a guy who has killed thousands of innocent people seems a little misguided to me. IMO its a little crazy, same as having compassion for a guy on death row who has killed people. Anyway if the guy wants to label Mendy an analytical thinker for that so be it, I still stand by my original opinion that its obtuse. Thats the beauty of this country we can each have an opinion. The only part of me that has anything to do with Cuba is the fact that I enjoy their cigars, my opinion is based on the fact that I believe in accountability and Osama was finally held accountable, therefore I celebrated his death.
Firstly, thanks to a group of SEALs we'll never know what crimes bin Laden did or did not commit, since now he cannot be put on trial.

Secondly, Barak Obama has killed many more people than bin Laden ever could have. As did Bush before him. As did Clinton, as did Bush Sr., and Reagan before him. Maybe Carter killed less, kinda doubt it, though. Yet I suspect most people in this country feel like it's possible to have some sort of compassion for the violent sociopaths we regularly elect to our top office.

Thirdly, equating extra-judicial assassinations with accountability is a dangerous and irresponsible line of reasoning. Surely you understand that. Also, simply taking the government's word on matters of consequence is not a terribly bright policy. I suspect that many, if not all of the main accusations against bin Laden were true, but why not prove it to the world? That, in part at least, was Mendy's point, and a sound point it was.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #38
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Firstly, thanks to a group of SEALs we'll never know what crimes bin Laden did or did not commit, since now he cannot be put on trial.

Secondly, Barak Obama has killed many more people than bin Laden ever could have. As did Bush before him. As did Clinton, as did Bush Sr., and Reagan before him. Maybe Carter killed less, kinda doubt it, though. Yet I suspect most people in this country feel like it's possible to have some sort of compassion for the violent sociopaths we regularly elect to our top office.

Thirdly, equating extra-judicial assassinations with accountability is a dangerous and irresponsible line of reasoning. Surely you understand that. Also, simply taking the government's word on matters of consequence is not a terribly bright policy. I suspect that many, if not all of the main accusations against bin Laden were true, but why not prove it to the world? That, in part at least, was Mendy's point, and a sound point it was.
Politicians tell us what we want to hear and how much we hear so taking their word is not my policy. I am skeptical and cynical when it comes to politicians especially a certain side but I will keep that to myself. I believe its apples to oranges comparing OBL to past presidents though. Terrorism and war are different to me. I am pretty sure we will not agree on much when it comes to government and the way we feel about the country, but I still don't get how Mendy not understanding how people celebrate OBL's death just because we didn't know the man. We all saw him on tape admitting to killings, hating America and planning additional bombings so celebrating is death shouldn't be hard to understand. Nor should it be hard to understand how a 747 could bring down a skyscraper when we saw it with our own eyes. I just don't see how it was analytical thinking on his part. With that said, he is paid to run the football and I think he is above average with huge potential. Along with thousands dead from OBL 343 were brother firefighters so I don't analyze it, to me its loyalty and whats in my heart.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #39
ricardisimo
Administrator

Quote:
Politicians tell us what we want to hear and how much we hear so taking their word is not my policy. I am skeptical and cynical when it comes to politicians especially a certain side but I will keep that to myself. I believe its apples to oranges comparing OBL to past presidents though. Terrorism and war are different to me. I am pretty sure we will not agree on much when it comes to government and the way we feel about the country, but I still don't get how Mendy not understanding how people celebrate OBL's death just because we didn't know the man. We all saw him on tape admitting to killings, hating America and planning additional bombings so celebrating is death shouldn't be hard to understand. Nor should it be hard to understand how a 747 could bring down a skyscraper when we saw it with our own eyes. I just don't see how it was analytical thinking on his part. With that said, he is paid to run the football and I think he is above average with huge potential. Along with thousands dead from OBL 343 were brother firefighters so I don't analyze it, to me its loyalty and whats in my heart.
He doesn't get paid to speak his mind. Neither do I, nor you, but so what? 9/11 was a profound tragedy and a crime against humanity no matter how you look at it. Nothing that Mendenhall said negated or diminished that, so I'm not sure how people could have misconstrued that aspect of it.

Regarding the conspiracy theories, yeah, well... you don't need to talk to me about that. But the flip side to it is that instinctively doubting the government's story is a positive, not a negative. Everyone should immediately ask themselves "How do I know this is true?" whenever the president says anything at all, including "The sky is up."

And yes, he's talented. We should be discussing why he's not setting the world on fire. I have my theories.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #40
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i have been ripped on many many times on this board for saying i thought Mendy was just an average back