Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
LGTEXAN1
Water Boy

Member Number: 18919
Default Why I can't wait

I love all of the nice Texan fan stuff being passed around...but I've got to say, I'm ready for a Texan blowout this Sunday. And I say that with all the respect I can generate. I grew up hating the freakin' black and gold, but that was more out of jealousy and the battles with my beloved Oilers. This is why I can't wait to put a "beat down" on the Steelers on Sunday.

1. I'm still pissed about the AFC Championship when the refs blew Renfro's touchdown call.

2. I think the refs showed Cower too much man love in your last Superbowl and allowed the victory with some rediculous calls. You didn't earn that trophy like you did the other dozen or so.

3. After watching your tackles get embarrassed by the colts, time and time again, I am pumped to see Roth get hit by Mario a few times. The crowd will go nuts seeing that.

4. Cower nominated for Hall of Fame?? Are you kidding? Just a couple of years prior to superbowl, y'all were calling for him to get fired. Highly overrated and coaching record proves it.

5. 17-38 beatdown you gave us three years ago on opening day.

6. Harrison's words about Cushing. Cushing is a silent killer. I think you should be very aware of his presence on the field on Sunday.

7. Our red zone issues are solved this week. It's called, "Arian Foster."

All of these Texans fans are being nice and not talking smack because we have not had anything to talk smack about. But it's time. It's our time. You won't like us much after Sunday....I guarantee it. I've never seen a more overrated Steeler team in years. If you don't keep it close, I think you have the possibility of moving towards the bottom of your division. Cincy and Cleveland aren't that far behind you.

Don't hate....because it's been a long time since a Houston team could stand toe-to-toe with you and look you in the eye. But it's time.....oh boy...is it time.

Texans 38
Steelers 13
LGTEXAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,558 Times in 2,365 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Why I can't wait

Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
gloydfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 18821

dude, calm down. It's just a game...
gloydfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
NCBlackWolf
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18115

We have been to two SB's since Cowher's last one-the one you mentioned in #2.

Just' sayin'...

Isn't your team in Nashville now?

Earl Campbell was a stud though.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,644 Posts
My Mood: Fine

nope

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
LGTEXAN1
Water Boy

I enjoyed the Oiler-Steeler rivalry too. that got nasty.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
iBleedBlack&Gold
Water Boy

Member Number: 8743

hahaha haters gonna hate.
iBleedBlack&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #8
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,558 Times in 2,365 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

why even bother, he's only going to come back if his team wins. if they lose i'll bet money he won't show his face back here.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #9
SteelKid212
Starter

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused

I love all of the nice Texan fan stuff being passed around...but I've got to say, I'm ready for a Texan blowout this Sunday. And I say that with all the respect I can generate.

"You cant generate SH** and i say that with the upmost respect"

2. I think the refs showed Cower too much man love in your last Superbowl and allowed the victory with some rediculous calls. You didn't earn that trophy like you did the other dozen or so.

DAM, I didnt know you were a CRYHAWK fan also! What do you know about "earning" trophies? U dont play the game! At the end of the day, the only stat that matters is the W and the steelers just happen to be GREAT at getting that W. SO STFU!

4. Cower nominated for Hall of Fame?? Are you kidding? Just a couple of years prior to superbowl, y'all were calling for him to get fired. Highly overrated and coaching record proves it.

In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances. He is one of only six coaches in NFL history to claim at least seven division titles. It has become an article of faith among NFL pundits that the Steelers do not have a bad team two years in a row – they have never lost 10 or more games in consecutive years since the 1970 NFL merger. At the conclusion of the 2005 season, the Pittsburgh Steelers had the best record of any team in the National Football League since Cowher was hired as head coach.Through the Super Bowl, Cowher's team had compiled a record of 108–1–1 in games in which they built a lead of at least eleven points.[2] Cowher's record as a head coach is 149–90–1 (161–99–1 including playoff games).

Dont you wish you had a "highly overrated" coach like that?

6. Harrison's words about Cushing. Cushing is a silent killer. I think you should be very aware of his presence on the field on Sunday. CUSHING IS A "SILENT JUICER"

7. Our red zone issues are solved this week. It's called, "Arian Foster."

HAHAHA

Don't hate....because it's been a long time since a Houston team could stand toe-to-toe with you and look you in the eye. But it's time.....oh boy...is it time.

all i can say is, yea, ur a complete MORON, and it aint "hating" its being realistic, so PISS OFF

Last edited by SteelKid212; 09-30-2011 at 02:34 PM.
SteelKid212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #10
LGTEXAN1
Water Boy

No, I'm not that way. If we win, you won't even hear from me. I'll give you props if you lose. Did it last year when I talked smack with Philly fans. This is all fun for me. Hate to lose, but as the earlier poster put....it's just a game.

I've enjoyed listening to the streaming of your sports talk radio station a little bit. Y'all have more confidence in how good the Texans are than alot of our fans do. I've only seen you play once this year.....Indy....but I hear the "scared" cry of unconfident fans on the radio. This could be the worst loss y'all have had handed to you in awhile. And you know what? I think you truely believe it. You've lost your swagger Pittsburgh.

By the way, good win for the Panthers last night. Coach Graham coached at Rice University (Houston) and they hated to see him go. And your OC, Todd Dodge, played hs ball here in Houston area. I'm assuming that it's the same one.