Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #21
Steel4ever95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18825
Default Re: Timmons & Woodley - Big Money/Few Big Plays

Its a veteran d, they've all been around for a while I think they will still turn the ship around and be the d we all know. A few people have mentioned this already but Smith hasent played in some time, not to mention the lockout may have hurt him a bit more by not getting in a full camp. I would love to see Hood out there, he really grew up last year stepping in for Smith, and I do agree that there needs to be some sort of a rotation along the line, it seemed that they were subbing more often in the Colts game.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #22
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,561 Times in 3,154 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

for the amount of money they were paid, i don't think it's unreasonable to expect at least 1 big play out of them within a 3 game span
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #23
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,260 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4ever95 View Post
Its a veteran d, they've all been around for a while I think they will still turn the ship around and be the d we all know. A few people have mentioned this already but Smith hasent played in some time, not to mention the lockout may have hurt him a bit more by not getting in a full camp. I would love to see Hood out there, he really grew up last year stepping in for Smith, and I do agree that there needs to be some sort of a rotation along the line, it seemed that they were subbing more often in the Colts game.
Some observations from Farrior

Steelers LB James Farrior: "We’re disappointed we’re not stopping the run game as we usually do but it’s still a work in progress.”

More from Farrior: “Guys have to be responsible and trust each other and play the technique that goes with the defense."

Farrior: “Sometimes you get a guy trying to do too much or a guy not quite fitting right. It’s been hurting us a little bit.”

http://twitter.com/#!/scottbrown_trib

Reads like Farrior is laying the problem on the younger guys on the DL since the only other substitution of note for the front 7 has been Foote
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #24
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,943 Times in 749 Posts

Timmons is doing good, Woodley on the other hand is a non-factor.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #25
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
for the amount of money they were paid, i don't think it's unreasonable to expect at least 1 big play out of them within a 3 game span
This
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:09 AM   #26
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Woodley is affected due to playing only 2 D-lineman a good chunk of sundays game. These guys are not 4-3 set ends. Some may call it the nickle, but when there is only 4 on the line, its 4-3 in my book and less pressure.
Harison got his game changing play when we had 3-4 in there.

Timmons is playing fine, I think a lot of this is over compensation becuase our secondary blows. We are sending less pressure or one side, not both and so on.

As far as Smith goes, Verdict was in long ago. The jury is just deliberating longer to let the judge know. Its a shame we blew 5mill in cap space when we couldve brough in an actually o-lineman who can play. Not recycled junk.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #27
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Some observations from Farrior

Steelers LB James Farrior: "We’re disappointed we’re not stopping the run game as we usually do but it’s still a work in progress.”

More from Farrior: “Guys have to be responsible and trust each other and play the technique that goes with the defense."

Farrior: “Sometimes you get a guy trying to do too much or a guy not quite fitting right. It’s been hurting us a little bit.”

http://twitter.com/#!/scottbrown_trib

Reads like Farrior is laying the problem on the younger guys on the DL since the only other substitution of note for the front 7 has been Foote
Who would be not fitting in, Smith? All the other starting defensive players are the same as last year. Foote isn't in there enough to be the problem. I don't see how he can say it's a work in progress, it's the same team, they did it succesfully last year.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #28
Steel4ever95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18825

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Who would be not fitting in, Smith? All the other starting defensive players are the same as last year. Foote isn't in there enough to be the problem. I don't see how he can say it's a work in progress, it's the same team, they did it succesfully last year.
Exactly, the guys running the d should know where to be by know when the plays are called, it seems like the defense just cant get to that second gear during the game to make the big plays we are used to.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #29
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Time for one of our DBs not named Troy to try and make a play. When is the last time one of our corners had an interception?
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #30
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Since Smith's season has ended in October the last several years we may not have a final verdict yet but the jury probably will be returning one within the next month
He was irreplaceable in 07 and 09. We did fine without him last year. Not only does he have age against him, but I think the new HGH testing could have something to do with his performance drop off this season. 3 arm muscle tears in 4 years makes you wonder at the least.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote