Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,971 Times in 1,922 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Foster expected at "Full speed"

Just thought I'd put this on here from Jamison Hensley's AFC North Blog (who so far is much better than the last guy IMHO)

"STEELERS: Houston running back Arian Foster, last year's rushing champion, is expected to play against Pittsburgh. He has missed two of the first three games with a hamstring injury. "We’re expecting Arian out there full-speed, ready to go," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said on his radio show, via HoustonTexans.com. Hensley's slant: The Steelers can't allow the same lanes they gave the Colts' Joseph Addai (86 yards on 17 carries). That means a stronger game from Aaron Smith and Casey Hampton."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth

Initial thoughts from anyone? We can't let this guy get into a rhythm. We've already been run over by Rice and tested by Addai in the critical moments of the 4th quarter. I think if we can approach Foster and Schaub the same way we approached Johnson and Young last year we should be ok. Force Schaub to go through the air all game along and we get the W. If we are getting pounded on by 23 - going to be a long day.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,189 Times in 3,490 Posts
Default Re: Foster expected at "Full speed"

houston- infamous cut block/chop block team. expect to see casey hampton ripped by the fans for being on his ass another week.

im actually more concerned about our NT's health than QB. if i had to put money on who suffered a season ending injury 1st, it would be casey.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Kubiac is from the school of "Cheat to Win" Shannahan so yeah, look for the chop blocks!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
Steel4ever95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18825

Could be some rust on Foster after sitting for a bit, that could help. Tate has looked pretty good so far this year, he could be a problem as well.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Hampton IMO plays the chop block better than any DL i've ever seen. It may slow him but he's never totally taken out of a play because of it.
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #6
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473

Time for the real steelers d to show up and stuff the run game like they always have. That means d line has to play better. Hood should definitely start and timmons and woodkey its time to earn your paycheck. Look for an improved defense this week. Im sure they have reviewed film and seen there mistakes and hopefully tomlin has ripped into these guys and lit a fire under them. Also noticed lebeau showing some emotion ladt week near the end of the game. Nice to see somebody show some energy and emotion. Sad that its the oldest guy on the staff showing the most emotion. Now its time to get fired up! The #1 seed in the afc is a wide open race so pitt needs to rack up the wins and look like a solid unit once again. Lets go steelers
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
TackHammer
Water Boy

Member Number: 18910

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
Kubiac is from the school of "Cheat to Win" Shannahan so yeah, look for the chop blocks!
Big difference between chop and cut blocks. One being legal,the other not so much.
The Saints cried about it themselves....until we posted a several vids of them doing the same thing.
Not sure if you guys use it or not,but a lot of teams in the NFL do. We just do it best.
TackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #8
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackHammer View Post
Big difference between chop and cut blocks. One being legal,the other not so much.
The Saints cried about it themselves....until we posted a several vids of them doing the same thing.
Not sure if you guys use it or not,but a lot of teams in the NFL do. We just do it best.
Regardless of who does it, even if we do it, its chicken sh#t at best. If the NFL is going to ignore it until someone gets their career ended then whatever, players should stop on their own and play with dignity. As far as Foster goes, we can either play Steeler D and stop the run like we are used to, or we can play like we have against the run and Foster will go 150+. Rice and Addai are not really in Foster's league IMO. I think Hood should get the start.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,468 Times in 2,748 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

foster is a beast
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
TackHammer
Water Boy

Member Number: 18910

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Regardless of who does it, even if we do it, its chicken sh#t at best. If the NFL is going to ignore it until someone gets their career ended then whatever, players should stop on their own and play with dignity. As far as Foster goes, we can either play Steeler D and stop the run like we are used to, or we can play like we have against the run and Foster will go 150+. Rice and Addai are not really in Foster's league IMO. I think Hood should get the start.
In defense of cut blocking....It's been used in the NFL for a loooong time. And you dont hear about it ending anyones career. On top of that ,if your coached properly it;s easily defeated. If you watch on Sunday the Texans will stop using it if you guys defend it the right way.
TackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote