Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387
Default Just go long

Ben to Wallace has been paying off. Its a much better play than the bubble screen, which the Steelers run like some late night infomercial.

I say heave it up to Wallace at least 5 times a game. Then do the same with Brown and Sanders. Unless the opponents back off the line and send some guys 30 yards deep, I'd go long as many times as possible. If they do that, then you hit Mendenhall on screens and send him off tackle. If they blitz, then you hit Sanders and Brown on slants.

Go long, Steelers, go long.
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,745 Times in 2,924 Posts
Default Re: Just go long

i love roethlisburger interceptions too!
Old 09-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayeksheroes View Post
Ben to Wallace has been paying off. Its a much better play than the bubble screen, which the Steelers run like some late night infomercial.

I say heave it up to Wallace at least 5 times a game. Then do the same with Brown and Sanders. Unless the opponents back off the line and send some guys 30 yards deep, I'd go long as many times as possible. If they do that, then you hit Mendenhall on screens and send him off tackle. If they blitz, then you hit Sanders and Brown on slants.

Go long, Steelers, go long.
Arians, is that you? lol
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
Goldsteel86
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432

Well, interesting thought, but we don't have Swann or Stallworth any longer, I have an idea, how about a concept, set up the pass with the run, utilize Heath Miller across the middle, some slants and out patterns, then some deep outs/posts before we throw the fly. Lets keep the defense guessing, honest, and on their toes, but most importantly lets get back to Steeler football, pound the flipping ball!!!!!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

The Steelers, this year, also like to run the ball for no gain or just 1 yard. I think they should call run plays for 10 -15 yards with the occasional surprise run of 50+ yards. I'm just sayin.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
steelerjim58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14701

While I do enjoy the bomb as much as anyone, I am not proposing going deep 10= times a game. We just do not have the o-line for that in any case. But in Wallace, Sanders, Brown , Ward and Miller I definately see the talent to consistently pick up 10-15 yards at a time. The bubble screen makes me want to puke everytime they run it. I would like to see a breakdown of the yardage gained every time they use it. Where are the slants, the out patterns to the sidelines? Am I crazy to think that Sanders and Brown are capable of doing anything that welker can do on a football field. Hell, belichick has found a way to get him voted into the top 100 in the league. I know that there are only so many ways to make up for a poor o-line, but Arians does not seem to be doing anything. Let Ben roll out more, try some swing passes to Mendenhall out of the backfield. When was the last time the Steelers ran anything that looked like a traditional screen pass?
steelerjim58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i love roethlisburger interceptions too!
Better than fumbling behind the line of scrimmage. A deep 60 yard throw is like a punt.
You might get an interference as a bonus.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #8
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,198 Times in 503 Posts

Screw that. I say mix it up. Bring in Casey Hampton as an extra tight end and run that tight end delay screen to him 3 times in a row. The defense wouldn't know what hit them! Then the next series run two straight WR bubble screens to Ward. That will probably give us a total of 1 yard(s) so then on 3rd and 10, we can run the tight end delay screen AGAIN to Hampton for -4 then hope James Harrison strips Shaub and Polamalu would be there EVERY TIME to run it in for 6.

Genius.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Screw that. I say mix it up. Bring in Casey Hampton as an extra tight end and run that tight end delay screen to him 3 times in a row. The defense wouldn't know what hit them! Then the next series run two straight WR bubble screens to Ward. That will probably give us a total of 1 yard(s) so then on 3rd and 10, we can run the tight end delay screen AGAIN to Hampton for -4. Genius.
Arians thinks that he'll surprise the opponents with his one bomb a game plan. But I say "Carpet Bomb" from the get go. You'll surely catch the opponent by surprise.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #10
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,583 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

james harrison at fullback! hopefully he doesn't get flagged for a 'roughing the middle linebacker' penalty though
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote