Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #11
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248
Default Re: Why I can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGTEXAN1 View Post
I love all of the nice Texan fan stuff being passed around...but I've got to say, I'm ready for a Texan blowout this Sunday. And I say that with all the respect I can generate. I grew up hating the freakin' black and gold, but that was more out of jealousy and the battles with my beloved Oilers. This is why I can't wait to put a "beat down" on the Steelers on Sunday.

1. I'm still pissed about the AFC Championship when the refs blew Renfro's touchdown call.

2. I think the refs showed Cower too much man love in your last Superbowl and allowed the victory with some rediculous calls. You didn't earn that trophy like you did the other dozen or so.

3. After watching your tackles get embarrassed by the colts, time and time again, I am pumped to see Roth get hit by Mario a few times. The crowd will go nuts seeing that.

4. Cower nominated for Hall of Fame?? Are you kidding? Just a couple of years prior to superbowl, y'all were calling for him to get fired. Highly overrated and coaching record proves it.

5. 17-38 beatdown you gave us three years ago on opening day.

6. Harrison's words about Cushing. Cushing is a silent killer. I think you should be very aware of his presence on the field on Sunday.

7. Our red zone issues are solved this week. It's called, "Arian Foster."

All of these Texans fans are being nice and not talking smack because we have not had anything to talk smack about. But it's time. It's our time. You won't like us much after Sunday....I guarantee it. I've never seen a more overrated Steeler team in years. If you don't keep it close, I think you have the possibility of moving towards the bottom of your division. Cincy and Cleveland aren't that far behind you.

Don't hate....because it's been a long time since a Houston team could stand toe-to-toe with you and look you in the eye. But it's time.....oh boy...is it time.

Texans 38
Steelers 13
You have a lot of arrogance for a team who's looking like they finally may win your division for the first time ever. Please don't come on here and smack the Steelers past successes. Our team knows how to win when it counts. Your team doesn't even know how to make it to games that matter.

Cowher overrated by his coaching record? 149–90–1. Schottenheimer was 200-126-1 and just because he didn't win a SB doesn't mean he's not going to the HOF.

We've won championships. You have yet to be in the playoffs. Quit acting all hard because you know if Peyton were healthy you'd probably lose your division once again
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #12
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Cynical

Quote:
No, I'm not that way. If we win, you won't even hear from me. I'll give you props if you lose. Did it last year when I talked smack with Philly fans. This is all fun for me. Hate to lose, but as the earlier poster put....it's just a game.

I've enjoyed listening to the streaming of your sports talk radio station a little bit. Y'all have more confidence in how good the Texans are than alot of our fans do. I've only seen you play once this year.....Indy....but I hear the "scared" cry of unconfident fans on the radio. This could be the worst loss y'all have had handed to you in awhile. And you know what? I think you truely believe it. You've lost your swagger Pittsburgh.

By the way, good win for the Panthers last night. Coach Graham coached at Rice University (Houston) and they hated to see him go. And your OC, Todd Dodge, played hs ball here in Houston area. I'm assuming that it's the same one.

LOL, lost our swagger after 3 games? Really. Apparently you don't realize it's how the season ends that counts. The Steelers will be fine, as always. And to even come on a Steelers board and say the Steelers didn't deserve even just one of their SBs is BS. They earned every one, calls were all explained, sorry you can't accept that. Enjoy your SB this weekend cause truly, that's as close as the Texans is gonna sniff one this year. No hate, just sayin' facts.

I have to LOL at these fans who think the Steelers "aren't what they used to be" after 3 freakin games into the season. Good Lord, learn football son.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #13
LGTEXAN1
Water Boy

Member Number: 18919

SteelKid....do you own a blowup Cower doll?
LGTEXAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,520 Times in 3,752 Posts

Quote:
I love all of the nice Texan fan stuff being passed around...but I've got to say, I'm ready for a Texan blowout this Sunday. Texans 38
Steelers 13
That's cute

Glad you are so excited about a game in week 4 of the regular season.

Most of us on this board place more emphasis on the games played after New Year's Day.

Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #15
Men of Steel
Team Captain

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
SteelKid....do you own a blowup Cower doll?
Hey Little Gay Texan, its called stating the FACTS.

like i said, piss off
Old 09-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #16
LGTEXAN1
Water Boy

Member Number: 18919

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
LOL, lost our swagger after 3 games? Really. Apparently you don't realize it's how the season ends that counts. The Steelers will be fine, as always. And to even come on a Steelers board and say the Steelers didn't deserve even just one of their SBs is BS. They earned every one, calls were all explained, sorry you can't accept that. Enjoy your SB this weekend cause truly, that's as close as the Texans is gonna sniff one this year. No hate, just sayin' facts.

I have to LOL at these fans who think the Steelers "aren't what they used to be" after 3 freakin games into the season. Good Lord, learn football son.
Swagger....yes...after 3 games. You've noticed it too. I've heard all the whinning on your talk show. Blown out by Baltimore and escape with a win over Indy. That would knock out any swagger. Not a fact...but a very strong opinion.
LGTEXAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #17
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:

2. I think the refs showed Cower too much man love in your last Superbowl and allowed the victory with some rediculous calls. You didn't earn that trophy like you did the other dozen or so.
Wasn't Cowher's last year of coaching 2006? I could have sworn it was 2006. Apparently myself and every other Steelers fan is completely unaware that Cowher coached the Steelers in the SB last year and in '09.

We're just ridiculous I guess.
Quote:
3. After watching your tackles get embarrassed by the colts, time and time again, I am pumped to see Roth get hit by Mario a few times. The crowd will go nuts seeing that.
Ben gets hit every game...multiple times. This, unfortunately for you, doesn't mean the Steelers will lose. The crowd may go wild when Ben gets hit, but will they be going wild at the end of the game?

Quote:
4. Cower nominated for Hall of Fame?? Are you kidding? Just a couple of years prior to superbowl, y'all were calling for him to get fired. Highly overrated and coaching record proves it

Others have posted his coaching stats. And others have said you WISH the Oilers, Titans or Texans (all together) had a coach of Cowhers capacity. This statement reeks of jealousy (and understandably so).
Quote:
5. 17-38 beatdown you gave us three years ago on opening day.
Yes, I'm sure the new and older Texans players have that date marked on their calender.
Quote:
6. Harrison's words about Cushing. Cushing is a silent killer. I think you should be very aware of his presence on the field on Sunday.
Oh really...someone cared?
Quote:
7. Our red zone issues are solved this week. It's called, "Arian Foster."
Why weren't they solved last week with Arian Foster? Or is this just chest thumping from you?

The rest is just gibberish. If the Texans win, they win...I'll congratulate the players and fans. Houston (franchise) doesn't have a rivalry with us anymore though. That went to Tennessee. So I don't know what you're getting all pumped about.

I guess it's mostly because Peyton is out for the season, cause I've never heard a Texan fan try to talk smack before that.

Nice try though! Maybe someday you'll get the hang of it.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #18
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Texans will win probably, but Mike Wallace will have more yards than Andre Johnson.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #19
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,467 Times in 3,546 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
Texans will win probably, but Mike Wallace will have more yards than Andre Johnson.
maybe he'll get into a fight with ryan clark and get ejected
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #20
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Cynical

Quote:
Swagger....yes...after 3 games. You've noticed it too. I've heard all the whinning on your talk show. Blown out by Baltimore and escape with a win over Indy. That would knock out any swagger. Not a fact...but a very strong opinion.
No child, I haven't noticed that, I'm not one of those callers. I've been watching this team for over 30 years. Sometimes they start slow, sometimes they don't. The biggest mistake anyone could make is to count them out too early. Plus the Texans haven't beat a quality opponent yet, lol. NO won I believe. I ain't panicking yet dude, the Steelers could finish strong. Tell me, how much do you thank the football Gods Manning isn't playing this season? lol.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote