Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #1
LGTEXAN1
Water Boy

Member Number: 18919
Default Good luck tomorrow

A couple of days ago, I posted a thread, with the intent of inciting an aruguement. Chalk it up to immaturity and the long-awaited excitement that we in Houston haven't had in awhile. I would like to make one response to a Steeler fan that stated that we aren't the Oilers and that we no longer were "that rivalry." I have to disagree. I grew up with that rivalry and just because the colors/mascot is now changed, we in Houston still feel and desire to be a part of something like that again. You may not feel it, but it is something we grew up with and enjoyed. As they say, everyone tolerates a loser but hates winners. Enjoy the fact that you are hated and despised. It can only be described as pure jealousy from us wanting what you have had. So with all due respect, "I loathe you Pittsburgh Steelers." It's been awhile since we've enjoyed the Bum Phillips "Love Ya Blue" era or even the Jerry Glanville "House of Pain" days.

So yes, it may be just a regular season game to you...but to us...it's a game that makes us a formidable opponenent again....worthy of being hated.

As for the Steelers, this title sums up how I feel:

Loved by Few
Hated by Many
Respected by All

Here's to an injury free game!
LGTEXAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:08 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,869 Times in 4,501 Posts
Default Re: Good luck tomorrow

definitely the most sincere (and probably the best) post ive ever read from an opponents fan on this board.

the oilers were always my favorite afc central opponent. not only because of earl campbell, but here in the southwest, i was sure to see the atleast twice a year, thanks to their regional television broadcasts.

i hated dallas, hated denver, but always loved watching the oilers play, especially with moon, jefferies, givens, hill, white, etc.

FWIW w. moon shoulda had the nfl record for passing yards in a game (in that epic battle vs the s. deberg led cheifs- which to this day is still one of my favorite games ive ever watched).

i still remember the late quarter reception being negated that woulda given him the record.

i'd glady welcome back the houston rivalry, and even trade the bungles and browns to the afc south to see it happen. i'd even take back the suck ass jagoffs.... i mean jaguars.

cheers definitely to an injury free game.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:33 AM   #3
LGTEXAN1
Water Boy

I appreciate the response.

The only thing that can cheer me up after a Texan loss, is a Cowboys loss. That is the one thing that's always been consistant.

Be careful what you wish for when it comes to Cincy and Cleveland. I would have gladly traded you those two for our Colts/Titans. Although, with our first few seasons with David Carr, it didn't matter who we played.

It's funny. When the Texans started, it was like they tried to force a rivalry game on us and it was the Jaqs. It was a good game, but it took us so long to beat the Colts, and with the Titans, they were easy to hate and I'm grateful for any problems that come their way.

We still have our Oiler jersies and our old heroes that come around. The Oilers weren't the franchise....it was the city. That's why they just had a Bum Phillips roast and reunions for all of those "Love ya Blue" days. That was a great division back then. Even Cincy and Cleveland were tough.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:35 AM   #4
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I think we can all agree to hate the Cowboys together.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts

Good luck to you, I have said some things, that weren't necessary that were directed at you, at the end of the day you are as diehard for your team as I am mine. Good luck to you, however, tomorrow, Oct 3 is my 40th B-day, not a better B-Day present than a Steeler win. This one is kinda special to me, my father passed away Aug 15th, he was a diehard Steeler fan, I am going to miss the B-Day phone call, but most importantly I have missed the phone calls just to talk Steelers football, in best wishes good luck to you!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,135 Times in 855 Posts

Thanks, Texans fan. We like to get down and dirty on here as well and respond accordingly when provoked but it's nice once in awhile to see respect after things get dirty so we appreciate that.

No matter who wins, I feel these two teams can somehow meet again come January. Good luck!

HERE WE GO!!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #7
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

I'll be the first to say great game by the Texans today. They weren't perfect....but considering all the penalties (which were stupid), they did a fantastic job.

I fully expect the Texans to win this division...if not, you're asshats!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
LGTEXAN1
Water Boy

I'm extremely humble with this victory. It's obvious that we aren't a championship team yet. I say that because I don't feel it was anything we did to earn the victory. From my point of view, it was more of the Steelers lack of production when they clearly had the momentum in the 3rd. I was grateful that y'all didn't go for the 4th and 1 because you had us on the ropes.
Let me add one more thing that was embarrassing. I have season tickets to the Texans games. I have never seen a larger following by an opponent in Reliant Stadium. Last year, the Cowboys brought a few, but they were complete assholes. I enjoyed the sportmanship by your fans and respected their team loyalty. It pissed me off seeing all those towels "in our house" and hated hearing the roar after your touchdown. It was embarrassing to know that in our stadium, that the Steeler faithful made so much noise. Good luck next week with the Titans. If you will take care of them for us....we'll see if we can return the favor the following week in Baltimore.
HOW ABOUT THEM COWGIRLS BLOWING THAT LEAD AGAINST DETROIT?! GOTTA LOVE IT.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #9
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGTEXAN1 View Post
I'm extremely humble with this victory. It's obvious that we aren't a championship team yet. I say that because I don't feel it was anything we did to earn the victory. From my point of view, it was more of the Steelers lack of production when they clearly had the momentum in the 3rd. I was grateful that y'all didn't go for the 4th and 1 because you had us on the ropes.
Let me add one more thing that was embarrassing. I have season tickets to the Texans games. I have never seen a larger following by an opponent in Reliant Stadium. Last year, the Cowboys brought a few, but they were complete assholes. I enjoyed the sportmanship by your fans and respected their team loyalty. It pissed me off seeing all those towels "in our house" and hated hearing the roar after your touchdown. It was embarrassing to know that in our stadium, that the Steeler faithful made so much noise. Good luck next week with the Titans. If you will take care of them for us....we'll see if we can return the favor the following week in Baltimore.
HOW ABOUT THEM COWGIRLS BLOWING THAT LEAD AGAINST DETROIT?! GOTTA LOVE IT.
The opposing fans is pretty much one that Steelers faithful have come to rely upon. Even in diehard stadiums (like Cowboys or Patriots), there is a loyal following...so don't feel too bad.

I'm glad the fans that were there were respectful (most out of state, or even in state fans of other teams are).

Thanks for the well wishes, and I hope the Texans kick the shit out of the Ravens!

And I was EXTREMELY pleased by the Cowboys meltdown! All other things aside, I'm glad we can agree on that.

Good game today, and good luck in the rest of the season!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:28 AM   #10
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

It's never a good sign when the only thing Steelers fans have to rejoice about is another team's loss ...........
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote