Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
RichardCullinanForever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18924
Default Does ANYONE Still Have Faith in the 2011 Season?

Lots of negative talk on these boards, for good reason. I thought perhaps if we made a statement today, like beating the Texans by double digits our D keeping the Texans under 200 total yards, then we could turn this season around, but now I have no faith for even making the playoffs. I see us finishing 7-9. This isn't a lack of 'hope' or that I'm 'giving up early,' it would be foolish deny the massive problems that this team has. They are just too large to overcome for 2011.
RichardCullinanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943
Default Re: Does ANYONE Still Have Faith in the 2011 Season?

It doesn't look good. But, like I tell my two die-hard Steeler fan daughters...if you're a Steeler fan for as long as I have been (35 years), you will go through a lot of highs and a few lows. You take the good with the bad & know that we'll claw back to the top of the heap soon...whether it's this year, next year, or the following...we will be back on top!!!
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,026 Times in 2,386 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I think at this juncture - all we can hope for is

1. Some sign of progress on the o-line
2. Ben's survival
3. Some change up with play calling to see if there is a spark somewhere
4. The "young gun" receivers continued growth
5. Some youth injected on defense
6. At least winning at Heinz against teams not called New England Patriots
7. If we make it to 9-7 at this rate, consider it a season that shows signs of promise for the future or
8. A wild card spot and we catch some fire at the end
9. Completely shock everyone, do a 180 starting now, somehow win the division and live up to our potential going after #7
10. Above all, hope for #1
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

I do. I said on another thread, if Mendenhall's injury amounts to any missed time, Redman could re-establish a running game. Brown looks very good. These terrible offensive performances may convince Arians to play the better players, namely Brown and Redman. I think this offense could score two more TDs per game if they incorporated #84 and #33 in their offensive game-plan.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
3rdandlong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17001

The only faith that I could have is that we have a very weak schedule. But even that being the case, I don't see us in the playoffs. I'm not sure we can beat Cleveland

How does the defense go from being one of the best run defenses ever seven months ago to being at the bottom of the NFL this year? With our defense not being able to carry the team this year, the offensive line, Arians play calling, Tomlin's poor coaching, I don't see us being good this year
3rdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #6
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,151 Times in 549 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

No.

Draft a legitimate OT next year and start Hood and Sylvester and we might have a Super Bowl caliber team again, but there are far too many problems this year to salvage anything.

We'll probably still make the playoffs because of our cupcake schedule but I wouldn't expect any impressive wins (meaning against the Patriots or Ravens) and I would expect to go one and done in the playoffs.

And I am having serious questions about Tomlin as a coach, he says all the right things but it seems like he just has no control over this team and can't get them to make adjustments (or is too stubborn to try making adjustments in the first place). I know he's been to two Super Bowls but he's entering the point in his career where the team is more his than what he inherited from Cowher and it's not looking too bright.

/bridge jumping rant
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,543 Times in 3,762 Posts

No faith here

It is October 2 and only 12 games remain in the regular season

After tonight the Steelers will be tied or one game behind the Ravens

All is lost
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #8
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

The bottom line is that the next two games are AFC games at home with 5 of 6 games against AFC opponents before bye. We don't go into the bye with a 7-3 or 6-4 record we are fuked.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #9
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Oh yea - and if you are one of the people that think this particular team can't lose against the Browns or Bengals you are fooling yourself. We don't have the mental toughness thus far. Unless we turn it around - I expect to split at least one of those series. You honestly think we are going to win every game after the bye because it is supposedly "cake" - tell that to the 09' version of the Steelers who are seeming more and more similar - oh yea, except the 11' team sucks worse.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,543 Times in 3,762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Oh yea - and if you are one of the people that think this particular team can't lose against the Browns or Bengals you are fooling yourself. We don't have the mental toughness thus far. Unless we turn it around - I expect to split at least one of those series. You honestly think we are going to win every game after the bye because it is supposedly "cake" - tell that to the 09' version of the Steelers who are seeming more and more similar - oh yea, except the 11' team sucks worse.
[youtube]ke5Mr5eCF2U[/youtube]
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote