Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,306
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,316
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts
Default Re: Turning Point of the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
Turning point of the game, that's easy, the Opening Kickoff, getting totally dominated throughout. Being lucky that the Texans made stupid mistakes that two touchdowns were called back, if not it would have been a 34-10 drumming ala week 1.
its very possible d. sepulveda woulda caught the hot dogging texan (joseph?) returning the blocked kick for a td, thus ending the half.

i was also glad that int return was called back. if memory serves me correctly, ike taylor had an int return td called back last year vs the bills, when james harrison hit fitzpatrick late or low. i dont agree with the rule but good to see it doesnt just work against the steelers.

as HORRIBLE as the 1st half was, i find it funny that this team is getting absolutely no credit for having it all squared up midway through the 3rd quarter.

if this team had actually won, i imagine the fans would be even more negative and upset for "wiinning ugly" and "almost losing".

but yeah, the turning point was when they stepped off the bus.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #22
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Turning Point of the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
the ball obviously was touching the ground and i have never seen this ruled a completion despite him having control.
I thought the officials made the right call, mainly because it doesn't matter whether or not the ball touches the ground. The announcers even said the ball can touch the turf as long as the reciever has control of it. It looked clear to me that the tight end had control.

Plus, the guy was wide open. That pass should have went for another 20 yards had not Schaub thrown like girl. That was one of the worst passes I have ever seen from an NFL QB - and that's saying a lot considering I've watch almost every game Ben has played!
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #23
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Goldsteel86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,626
Member Number: 16432
Thanks: 512
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts
Default Re: Turning Point of the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
its very possible d. sepulveda woulda caught the hot dogging texan (joseph?) returning the blocked kick for a td, thus ending the half.

i was also glad that int return was called back. if memory serves me correctly, ike taylor had an int return td called back last year vs the bills, when james harrison hit fitzpatrick late or low. i dont agree with the rule but good to see it doesnt just work against the steelers.

as HORRIBLE as the 1st half was, i find it funny that this team is getting absolutely no credit for having it all squared up midway through the 3rd quarter.

if this team had actually won, i imagine the fans would be even more negative and upset for "wiinning ugly" and "almost losing".

but yeah, the turning point was when they stepped off the bus.
You my man have a good point, yes at least this Steeler fan would have b***hed if it was an ugly win, not the fact it was a win so to speak, but the the ugly fashion in which it happened. Once again you are correct, Ike did return one for a TD that was called back, correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't that have been his first pick six of his career?

Also, just like the SB, if you listen to how you will lose all week your back is against the wall, geez, Ed Bouchette even said how the Steelers would lose. You don't have to play up (or down) to those expectations, yes lastly as much as I hate to say it, you're right, the game was over once the Steelers stepped off the bus!!!!!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,306
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,316
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts
Default Re: Turning Point of the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
I thought the officials made the right call, mainly because it doesn't matter whether or not the ball touches the ground. The announcers even said the ball can touch the turf as long as the reciever has control of it. It looked clear to me that the tight end had control.

Plus, the guy was wide open. That pass should have went for another 20 yards had not Schaub thrown like girl. That was one of the worst passes I have ever seen from an NFL QB - and that's saying a lot considering I've watch almost every game Ben has played!
the pressure of the rush was bearing down on him, and that shitty throw reflected as much. he had quite a few crap throws and misfires, due to pressure.

as for the "control" deal, it is a subjective call that changes week to week, crew by crew. there are plenty of times i have seen better catches ruled incomplete.

the ball must be controlled BEFORE it touches the ground, not as it rests upon the ground (thats called cherry picking it off the turf).

and the announcer you speak of was dan deirdorf.

'nuff said. (i really wish people wouldnt take announcers word as gospel- deirdork was off the mark all day, and i actually liked him back when he was more lucid on mnf).
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,306
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,316
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts
Default Re: Turning Point of the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
You my man have a good point, yes at least this Steeler fan would have b***hed if it was an ugly win, not the fact it was a win so to speak, but the the ugly fashion in which it happened. Once again you are correct, Ike did return one for a TD that was called back, correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't that have been his first pick six of his career?

Also, just like the SB, if you listen to how you will lose all week your back is against the wall, geez, Ed Bouchette even said how the Steelers would lose. You don't have to play up (or down) to those expectations, yes lastly as much as I hate to say it, you're right, the game was over once the Steelers stepped off the bus!!!!!
im pretty sure it was his first career int return for td. hell, im just happy when he actually catches the ball, i was so pissed they wiped it off the board.

i mean the foul happens long after the errant throw is already made. kind of a dumb rule imo, but if its gonna work against us, its good to see it work for us (it would make more sense if the penalty occured during the act of throwing). last year that penalty enabled OT and almost a loss.

this year it made a win or OT still possible.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #26
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter
 
stb_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,567
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14315
Thanks: 173
Thanked 313 Times in 183 Posts
Default Re: Turning Point of the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
i thought the turning point of the game was during the coin toss
Yuuuuuuup......Steelers were beat from the start of the coin toss....
__________________

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #27
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Turning Point of the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
and the announcer you speak of was dan deirdorf.

'nuff said. (i really wish people wouldnt take announcers word as gospel- deirdork was off the mark all day, and i actually liked him back when he was more lucid on mnf).
Deirdorf is an idiot. But he gets some things right, though. He at least understood that particular rule.

I personally agreed with the call, and I didn't think it was close.

You're right though, it is subjective though. I think it's a stretch to say a subjective iffy call was the turning point in the game.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #28
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Goldsteel86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,626
Member Number: 16432
Thanks: 512
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts
Default Re: Turning Point of the Game

Truthfully, I believe the Deirdorf called the game even. Now hold on, it has been known that he has been anti-Steeler in the past, but for conversation he seemed at times very pro-Steeler. He was one of the first ones to stand by the block in the back on the blocked kick. As a matter of fact he was saying the one thing that we all on here are saying, Ben needs help, not that he feels for the Steelers but he did side on times wit the Steelers.
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,306
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,316
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts
Default Re: Turning Point of the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
You're right though, it is subjective though. I think it's a stretch to say a subjective iffy call was the turning point in the game.
i think its a stretch to say that particular play wasnt.

anyone with the reading comprehension of a 6th grader, and the attention span capable of getting them through several posts, clearly see's that my take isnt that an iffy call was the turning point of the game, but failure to prevent a a 6 yd, third down conversion. (which would have prevented the WINNING score) was. we get the ball back there, and i believe we win the game.

do people really believe smoking 8 lbs of reefer is safe and DOESNT kill brain cells?

un****ingbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
Truthfully, I believe the Deirdorf called the game even. Now hold on, it has been known that he has been anti-Steeler in the past, but for conversation he seemed at times very pro-Steeler. He was one of the first ones to stand by the block in the back on the blocked kick. As a matter of fact he was saying the one thing that we all on here are saying, Ben needs help, not that he feels for the Steelers but he did side on times wit the Steelers.
oh, deirdorf was ballanced, im just correctly pointing out that everything he says cant be taken as gospel. for instance, on the play you refer to, he said a defender wasnt w/in 15 yards. of course he had to go back and ammend that when it was paimfully obvious that one of the quicker and more atheletic punters in the league was almost within arms reach (2 yards).
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #30
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Goldsteel86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,626
Member Number: 16432
Thanks: 512
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts
Default Re: Turning Point of the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i think its a stretch to say that particular play wasnt.

anyone with the reading comprehension of a 6th grader, and the attention span capable of getting them through several posts, clearly see's that my take isnt that an iffy call was the turning point of the game, but failure to prevent a a 6 yd, third down conversion. (which would have prevented the WINNING score) was. we get the ball back there, and i believe we win the game.

do people really believe smoking 8 lbs of reefer is safe and DOESNT kill brain cells?

un****ingbelievable.

oh, deirdorf was ballanced, im just correctly pointing out that everything he says cant be taken as gospel. for instance, on the play you refer to, he said a defender wasnt w/in 15 yards. of course he had to go back and ammend that when it was paimfully obvious that one of the quicker and more atheletic punters in the league was almost within arms reach (2 yards).
Please by no means was I trying to say the Deirdorf was accurate, and under no circumstances is his or any other announcer's word by any stretch of the means gospel. However, seeing the last couple of announcers we have been subject to, Cris Collinsworth and Phil Simms to name a few lately, Deirdorf was pretty middle of the road with the Steelers, that's all I was trying to say. Please do not think that there will ever be an announcer that will side with the Steelers more than that of the "King of Polka" the late, great Myron Cope!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts