Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-08-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Lewis says players have shamed Bengals

Lewis says Nicholson, Henry have shamed Bengals

CINCINNATI - Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said that he let two players know they've disgraced the team with their off-field legal problems.

"I told the people that yes, you embarrass us as an organization, myself, and the coaches when these things occur," Lewis said of rookie linebacker A.J. Nicholson and second-year receiver Chris Henry. "Right, wrong or indifferent, there are certain things that you're asked not to be a part of or around."

Lewis insisted, however, that the recent arrests of Nicholson and Henry -- Henry's third arrest within seven months -- aren't distractions to the team as it prepares for summer minicamp next week.

"We'll move forward and move on, and they'll be dealt with as they are allowed to be dealt with," Lewis said after players gathered for a voluntary practice.

Nicholson, 21, is charged with grand theft and burglary, both felonies, in a break-in at a former Florida State teammate's apartment in Tallahassee, Fla. He was the Bengals' fifth-round draft choice this year.

Henry, 23, drafted in the third round last year from West Virginia, is recovering from a January knee injury. He was charged June 4 in nearby Clermont County with speeding and drunken driving. He also faces trial Aug. 21 in Orlando, Fla., on a concealed weapon charge following a January incident in which police say he pulled a pistol on a group of revelers.

Henry pleaded guilty in March to marijuana charges from a December arrest in Kentucky, avoiding jail time after completing a drug rehabilitation program.

"That bothers me when someone doesn't quite understand social laws," said Lewis. "That bothers me, no question."
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268
Default Re: Lewis says players have shamed Bengals

WHO DEY gonna go to jail WHO DEY

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:59 PM   #3
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Yes. Those is the Bengals organization should limit their shame to calling the opposing QB a crybaby after losing a playoff game...and halftime infantile tempertantrums in the locker room.

We DEY.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #4
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL
WHO DEY gonna go to jail WHO DEY
Who Dey think gonna arrest dem Bengals?

Seems to me that they have represented the Bengals just as they should be. If Marvin doesn't like that, maybe he shouldn't take 4 rookies with character issues in one off-season...
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #5
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

First of all, you never know what you are really getting when you draft these kids.. alot of them are so immature and have grown up in bad areas they dont know any differeent that the crimes that they are doing to survive. I dont agree with any of their crimes but maybe we just dont know their quality of raisings. I cant stand the Bungals but I wish the players the very best and hope they straighten out their lives..
God Bless
Elvis
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Who Dey! In handcuffs!
Old 06-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,769 Times in 2,935 Posts

marvin lewis is a pu$$ who neads to grow some balls and learn how to deal with these punks like the professionals they are.

he gave lipservice to the media- thats it. was it to shame the players? hell no, it was to protect the poor image as a softie he is starting to develop. if he doest win a superbowl in the next 2 years, the inmates who rule the asylum will start chirping to management and marvin will be fired to hire the next hot steeler assistant in line.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote