Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
LGTEXAN1
Water Boy

Member Number: 18919
Default Luv for Bum Phillips

I have to say this and then I'll move on. I was listening to a Bum Phillips interview yesterday after the game. Every once in awhile, he'll set up a booth to sign autographs at the stadium. He said that at the game yesterday, there were more Steeler fans in line for his autograph than Texan fans. He laughed at said, "I love those people from Pittsburgh.....they've always been great fans."

Good luck getting the line and Roth healthy. I know you'll be in the playoffs if that gets taken care of.
LGTEXAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,403 Times in 3,088 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Luv for Bum Phillips

he's a bum

thanks for stopping by. I doubt we make the playoffs this year though, and if we do just barely. with this offensive line i don't think ben will make it out of the season without being on the IR list at some point. i know he's a tough SOB but something's got to give
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,703 Times in 692 Posts

At this point, it's almost a loss cause in Pittsburgh. The only thing holding the team back is the stank play of the o-line that was a revolving door as it already was heading into the season. Willie Colon is on IR for the second straight season & we're forced into bringing up practice squad players to protect Ben's blind side.

Fortunately for us, we don't have a bad schedule. Other than New England and Baltimore, we have patty-cakes the rest of the way. That's our only hope.

This team can be very good. Too bad it all starts in the trench's and we have absolutely none of it. I actually think Tennessee will give us a run for our money. Good game Texans fan, I thought Houston was going to blow it yet again but this time, it was the works of a bad Steelers offense failing to do much of anything. Good luck the rest of the season as well!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
At this point, it's almost a loss cause in Pittsburgh. The only thing holding the team back is the stank play of the o-line that was a revolving door as it already was heading into the season. Willie Colon is on IR for the second straight season & we're forced into bringing up practice squad players to protect Ben's blind side.

Fortunately for us, we don't have a bad schedule. Other than New England and Baltimore, we have patty-cakes the rest of the way. That's our only hope.

This team can be very good. Too bad it all starts in the trench's and we have absolutely none of it. I actually think Tennessee will give us a run for our money. Good game Texans fan, I thought Houston was going to blow it yet again but this time, it was the works of a bad Steelers offense failing to do much of anything. Good luck the rest of the season as well!
At this point, i dont consider anyone were playing a cake walk......lol

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
caplovestroyp43
Banned

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGTEXAN1 View Post
I have to say this and then I'll move on. I was listening to a Bum Phillips interview yesterday after the game. Every once in awhile, he'll set up a booth to sign autographs at the stadium. He said that at the game yesterday, there were more Steeler fans in line for his autograph than Texan fans. He laughed at said, "I love those people from Pittsburgh.....they've always been great fans."

Good luck getting the line and Roth healthy. I know you'll be in the playoffs if that gets taken care of.
I have always LOVED Bum Phillips. He was so funny when he was a coach and some of the things he said were hillarious. Here is my favorite one:

"That's three holding penalties on one team in a quarter and a half....that ain't funny!"

God bless him. And thanks for the classy post. I think Houston is going to be a force to answer to this year. They played us TOUGH yesterday.

caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote