Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473
Default How we turn things around

1. Activate the two linemen on our practice squad, they cant be any worse then the guys who we have out there. We have OT Trevis Turner and OG John Malecki on the practice squad and id rather see one of them out there making an effort than the guys we have out there who apparently have no remorse for watching Ben get manhandled every week.
2. Let Redman run the ball more than 5 times a game. With our O-line not opening any holes for Rashard atleast when Redman runs the ball he goes forward for 3 yards, if there isnt a hole he makes his own. Time to get back to the steelers way and pound the ball.
3. Arians needs to call short pass plays ie the screens to sanders and wallace which both picked up first downs. Jonathan Joseph was giving Wallace a 10yd cushion, thats when Ben needs to call an audible and get the pass out to Wallace and let him work in space. The line isnt going to allow Ben to stand back in a 5 step drop and scan the field. quick passes will force the d to back off thus opening the deep passes and run game
4. Defense, would somebody please stand up and be a leader? Yesterday Troy made 3 consecutive tackles to force a 3 and out and he was obviously fired up and showing some heart out there. wheres the other 10 guys out there? big names and no big plays. And whats with the d-line being manhandled 2 weeks in a row by indy and houston? Keenan Lewis needs to be out there is pass coverage, he has earned his chance IMO. Farrior has taken a huge step back this year. Too slow to keep up with Tight Ends and too run anybody down and flat out missing tackles. Foote has had his shot and he was about as effective as Farrior. Why not Sylvester in there? i know for a fact that hes faster and more athletic than Foote or Farrior, maybe he hasnt learned the schemes yet, im not sure, but id like to see him out there getting a chance.
5. Ben has to learn to throw the ball away and avoid taking so many of these hits. Hes not going to be able to finish out his big contract if hes in a wheelchair. And idk what has happened to his accuracy but it seems to be gone this year. He has Brown wide open for a td yesterday and just sailed it out of bounds and missed other chances yesterday. We really need him to get back to being Ben for the offense to have a chance this year. if he has to miss any time due to the foot injury im confident that Charlie can manage a couple games.

Now i know Tomlin isnt one for making changes, even after a couple losses, but sometime hes going to be forced to. He has his group of "guys" that seem to be irreplaceable on the field such as Jonathan Scott and William Gay and no matter how many bad plays they make he doesnt sub them out. But if we keep losing he may finally be forced to make some changes.

Heres to the Steelers getting back on track and making it back to the playoffs
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
skinart82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3485
Default Re: How we turn things around

Ya know I think I agree with everything said here!
skinart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,446 Times in 2,739 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

trevis rhymes with penis uhh huh huh huh

we win the contest of ****ed up names on our team, we already have a colon and gay
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post

we win the contest of ****ed up names on our team, we already have a colon and gay
And don't forget Crotchery..... er..... nevermind.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #5
fortmemphis
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17288

With all we know about Tomlin and how he operates and his loyalty to the veterans, do we really think it can be turned around during the season?

The team I watched yesterday was painful to watch. The O line is literally in shambles. Unless Ben throws the ball immediately after he gets the snap, more times than not, he is going to get blasted. He is going to get hurt even worse than he already is.

We seem to keep running the same offense. Nothing seems to change.

The two staples of the Steelers are running the ball and stopping the run. We can do neither. It was pointed out on Sportscenter that in the last 7 or 8 years, Pitt's run D has ranked NO LOWER than 3rd league wide. At this time this season, the run D ranks 23rd. When have any of us seen a run defense as poor as what we have so far this season? I cant remember. Its been awhile.

Ladies and Gentlemen, there are big problems, Its like ole Iron Mike Ditka was saying today, he doesnt recognize the Steelers because they dont do anything that made them good for all these years and Ditka's right. Yesterday I saw a team that seems to be a shell of its former self. I hate saying these things. I have loved this team for going on 35 years and yesterday I honestly was stunned by how easily Houston could move the ball on us. Sure we stopped them some, but when we tied them up at 10 and they knew they had to drive down and score, the Texans did exactly that. That is not Steeler football. It just isnt.

I really hope Tomlin and Arians and LeBeau sit down and see what they can do to try and fix this. Just doing the same thing and saying that we just have to execute better...well...I just dont think that is going to work, not this year.
fortmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432
Thanked 1,110 Times in 603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post

Enough said, I didn't see any rhymes that included Adamas or Flozell. Lets see, why do we need to scrape the bottom of the barre,l is that what we are relished to????
Goldsteel86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #7
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,446 Times in 2,739 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
Enough said, I didn't see any rhymes that included Adamas or Flozell. Lets see, why do we need to scrape the bottom of the barre,l is that what we are relished to????
just having a little fun, can't be so serious all the time haha
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #8
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

I've been reading ALOT of threads about what's wrong and how to turn it around. Seems like in every thread, almost every person see's the same thing. Not every single solution or problem is the same from everybody, but I'd say about 75%. If we all can see it, then the coaches definetly can. They are either really in denial or they just don't get it. There are some obvious changes that would benefit the team that aren't even questionable, every body see's them, but they won't do it. I understand they are pro coaches, that they are professionals and we are not, and that they see the team every day in practice, but some of the changes are so common sense that us football watchers have made a general consensus on them. I just don't understand it.

Where's hipchest to come tell me how great the coaches are and that we are all wrong!
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #9
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Go back in time and sign Bryant Mckinnie, and Andre Gurode instead of letting the Ravens sign them and have them on their starting offensive line. Or go back in time and lock Starks up in a fat farm. Don't release Flozell Adams and do not sign Willie Colon. Or go back in time and not release Craig Urbik. Or go back in time and not draft Rashard Mendenhall but take Ray Rice in the 2nd Round instead. Short of having a time machine there isn't much the Steelers can do this year.

Next Year:.
Draft a Left Tackle, Right Guard, Nose Tackle, Inside Linebacker, Safety, and Outside Linebacker and hit it right on all of those selections.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

The Coaches need to really get in Colberts ass and get him to make a REAL commitment to the OLine...a jeff hartings type FA signing like when Cowher was here , not a Sean Mahan type like when Colbert didn't have a cowher like coach on his back....and do a better job drafting for it too
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote