Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #11
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943
Default Re: 2-2; The Cup half full thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Ok - I'm gonna try and live in this glass half full world for the next couple weeks. If we go to 4-2 I'll be back to where I was after the @ Colts victory and that was cautiously optimistic.

We HAVE to get a string of victories going with 5 of next 6 against AFC teams.

If they decide to have a protect Ben at all costs mentality - even if that means via penalties then so be it - I will ride the wagon up the bolt of lightning or down in a blaze of glory

Racking up the Ws, one game at a time pre-bye week is more important at this juncture than worrying about supposed post-bye "cake schedule." There is a reason the Bengals QB already has a nickname of "The Red Rifle." Last time I checked, both Cincy and Cleveland are in the same boat we are in - and have actually looked better in some aspects.

We beat the Titans and Jags and then go into Arizona and pull out a win, I'm gonna say we are going to pull at a W against either New England or Baltimore - because if we go into the NE game at 5-2, that means we are probably starting to right the ship . . .
Fair assessment. I'll jump on board with this line of reasoning.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #12
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

having been a Steeler fan since 1978, i've seen the good(Bradshaw) the bad(Woodley) and the ugly(Stoudt) but i also call it like i see it, and if they stink in a certain area or as a whole i'm gonna call it out, just like i will praise them when they do well. i will never not be a Steeler fan but i'm not going full homer mode and act like it's all good either. On any other forum or NFL team board i won't let anyone else badmouth them, but in here i'm not going to hold back anything.

So for now...since i've been spoiled by success of this organization i guess.....i'm going with half empty until i see them put it all together on the field.
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #13
DoctorCAD
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10385

Still sticking with my 9 - 7 record prediction.

That may change by one or two either way, but I don't see any quick fix in our future.

However, I will bleed black and gold until I die...
DoctorCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #14
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

be scared be very scared
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #15
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Its not being 2-2 that bothers me. Its the way the team looks. The Steelers have always come through even with a bad line , injuries and years ago losing an all pro LB every year it seemed. But this year I am highly skeptical, mainly due to Defense. D has saved our arse in years passed. D line is getting shoved around big time and except for Troy running around making big plays( he has missed a few as well but is human)no one is playing well. Woodley and Timmons have both been huge disappointments and foote and Farrior are aging rapidly. Ike, Troy and Harrison are the only ones playing Steelers football so far. I still think we finish 10-6 or 9-7 at worst due to schedule. Its possible this line builds some continuity and can play better and actually peak at the end of year which could propel us into playoffs. It is a long season and its not like any team out there doesn't have issues, except for maybe GB.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:22 AM   #16
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
good thread, while I don't think playoffs are out of the question, this team has too big of a flaw (o-line) to be a championship squad. of course we even won and made another super bowl appearance with bad o-line, but this year's one is beyond bad.
couple that with a poor defense makes it an uphill battle.

i believe the true fans will root for the steelers in every game even if they lose the next 12. the steelers could go 0-16 for the next 5+ seasons and i will still be a fan. but people shouldn't expect me to keep my opinions to myself
Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #17
BossAus
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18668

Don't worry guys, Max Starks is here to save the day! I'll go with a 11-5 record with the losses being to NE, Ratbirds, and once to either the Browns or Bengals. This is the same defense as last year, I'm not sure how they've taken such a big step back, but once we get further into the season I think it'll only get better. Keisel coming back and Hood starting for an injured Smith should help. And Woodley and Timmons will eventually come back to form, hopefully sooner than later.
BossAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #18
Steel4ever95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18825

Hopefully Hood will provide a spark along the defensive line, he showed potential late last year and now its time for him to really show what he's got. If the Steelers d can start creating some turnovers that would go a looooonnnnggg way in getting the season turned back around, and hopefully give the offense some short fields to work with. To me the defense will find there way out of this funk there in and start knocking people around like were all used to.

I'm still not to sure if the offensive line will improve at all this year, but I'm gunna hold out hope for a bit longer, hopefully Starks can help get this line back on track. The Steelers MUST get there running game going, they showed some good stuff against the Texans last week when they were pulling there guards and I think they had three guys set up in the backfield as well, they were very close to breaking off some long runs. I would like to see what Mendenhall can do if they run the ball like they did in the 2nd half of the Texans game, when he is in the offense just seem kinda ordinary to me, when they run the ball.

The glass is still half full for me, and it always will be year in and year out. HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #19
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,970 Times in 2,352 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Yup - day 2 of my glass half full - gonna need at least an 11-5 record to get in.

Me thinks it is going to be a log jam down to the wire for the last two playoff spots. Every game is critical - but the next 5 of 6 against AFC - will be very telling of where we might end up if we can take care of business down the home stretch/post bye.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #20
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

You say we lost to 2 playoff caliber teams but the teams we beat have a combined record of 1-8. That dosnt look good. We look like shit and if we don't change fast we will be lucky to win 8 games this season. As for our record, were in a 3 way tie with cinncy and clevland. Baltimore is a game and a half up on us since they beat us