Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-04-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248
Default Harrison at it again. Calls out a certain someone on defense.

James Harrison: If one person doesn't get the job done, it looks bad for the whole squad
Steelers linebacker goes off on team again - this time on defense's effort in Houston
Tuesday, October 04, 2011
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Dave Einsel
The Texans' Arian Foster (23) breaks away from Steelers outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley Sunday.
A perturbed James Harrison suggests that if the Steelers defense cannot play better than it has, they must make some changes. He did not say who should be involved in those changes, but made it clear the defensive scheme is not to blame.

"Every man needs to do his job, take care of his responsibilities," Harrison fumed after the Houston Texans gouged his defense Sunday. "It's not the scheme, it's not other BS; it's each man doing his job, and, right now, every man is not doing his job, period."

How's that?

"People are getting beat. You have to come out there and work the man who's in front of you, and we're not doing that right now."

Harrison pointed no fingers, at least not specifically, in the direction of any individuals.

"They came out there and did what they had to do," Harrison said of the Texans, who beat the Steelers, 17-10, to drop them into a three-way tie for second with Cleveland and Cincinnati in the AFC North at 2-2.

"They executed, they got us up out of there, they opened up holes, they opened up gaps. We didn't do our job, and they did theirs. Give them all the credit.

"Each man needs to nut up, look at himself and get in there and take care of his responsibilities. Each play is 11 individuals; if one person doesn't get the job done, it looks bad for the whole squad."

And then the four-time All-Pro linebacker came to his conclusion that something needs to change because he never has seen anything like it in games that count.

"Worried? No," he said. "Concerned? Yeah. We have to get things shored up. Whether that's changing this and changing that, I don't know, but we have to get something done because it's not working so far.

"I haven't seen it like this, maybe a preseason game here and there, but not like this the way it's going right now."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11277...#ixzz1ZmzO8vix
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:00 AM   #2
NoFieldFive
Starter

Member Number: 10965
Default Re: Harrison at it again. Calls out a certain someone on defense.

too bad it is not Tomlin talking like that.
NoFieldFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:06 AM   #3
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,464 Times in 3,546 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

about time someone on the team told it like it is. james is entitled to say what he wants because he's one of the few people on the team who actually put in some hustle on the weekends
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:06 AM   #4
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFieldFive View Post
too bad it is not Tomlin talking like that.
Who's to say he isn't behind closed doors?
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:09 AM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,084 Times in 4,585 Posts

just guessing here but....

after james comments last week vs colts i though he might be talking about polamalu because he was out of position the most and doing more than the defense asks him to do.

even fans were bitching that polamalu was linned up 30 yds off the ball, essentially taking him out of the play (a gripe i dont agree with).

this week polamalu also was freelancing a great deal and seemingly trying to overcompensate everytime he lion leaped on a gazelle err... ball carrier.

troy has been amazing and made some great plays this season. he has also been caught out of position and rushing so fast to get into position he is easilly juked out of a tackle.

the rest of the defense could completely suck, but they are all (with exception of troy freelancing) playing within the system. important to note that polamalu is the only player given the green light to do what he does.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:12 AM   #6
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
just guessing here but....

after james comments last week vs colts i though he might be talking about polamalu because he was out of position the most and doing more than the defense asks him to do.

even fans were bitching that polamalu was linned up 30 yds off the ball, essentially taking him out of the play (a gripe i dont agree with).

this week polamalu also was freelancing a great deal and seemingly trying to overcompensate everytime he lion leaped on a gazelle err... ball carrier.

troy has been amazing and made some great plays this season. he has also been caught out of position and rushing so fast to get into position he is easilly juked out of a tackle.

the rest of the defense could completely suck, but they are all (with exception of troy freelancing) playing within the system. important to note that polamalu is the only player given the green light to do what he does.

Maybe, but I think Troy is allowed to play that way and the system lets him. He has always played this way and we've been pretty good. From what I have seen, My guess is he's talking about Woodley and Farrior and possibly Smith.
Who ever he is talking about, it's about time someone stepped up with some fire on this D. Glad to see it.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:27 AM   #7
BIGNASTY91
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18495
My Mood: Amused

I have watched the interview after the game in which this came out of. He is not calling out any particular person. He is calling out the entire defense, including himself, saying that they need to step it up and get on the same page together!!!
One can only hope after their embarrasement this weekend someone steps up on defense and becomes a leader, and lights a fire under this teams ass!!!
BIGNASTY91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #8
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Well, I'm glad he's speaking out about this. And someone (actually all of them) need to get pissed off real quick.

But who is the certain someone he called out? He didn't name any names, just gave an overall generalization, and you never gave your opinion on who you think he's calling out specifically lol.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #9
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

James is a leader and a true competitor; on top of being a complete beast. I'm gald he's on my team.

I think he was just calling out the entire defense, or Woodley.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
smheart78
Water Boy

Member Number: 13973

He was calling out the other players who were talking to the media and suggesting, or at least not discounting, that the problem was the defensive scheme that was being used. These were, at least, Farrior and Hampton.
smheart78 is offline   Reply With Quote