Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-16-2006, 10:29 PM   #1
steelerfan12
Water Boy

Member Number: 2417
Default i hate

u kno wat i hate! i hate the people that say there steeler fans from out of state but the only reason they like them is because there good! im not sayin names but if ur one of them come on u can do better than that! wat do u think!?

Last edited by steelerfan12; 06-16-2006 at 10:58 PM.
steelerfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:36 PM   #2
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109
Default Re: i hate

Just curious...how old are you?
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:44 AM   #3
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
Just curious...how old are you?

great question. i have some as well, because that is quite a broad statement.
can anybody be under the age of 30 and be a real steelers fan?
so what about people who lived in pittsburgh, left and then had children and their children are steelers fans?
are they any less fans?
how many steelers fans would there be in pittsburgh if they never won a super bowl?

i was not born in pittsburgh nor have i ever lived there, i vist often and i am a diehard fan!
living in the midwest, i live in the indy area but travel to ciny, detroit and chicago a bit. i get crap every week for being a steelers fan. something steelerfan12 probally does not get living in the burgh.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71
so what about people who lived in pittsburgh, left and then had children and their children are steelers fans?
are they any less fans?
how many steelers fans would there be in pittsburgh if they never won a super bowl?

i was not born in pittsburgh nor have i ever lived there, i vist often and i am a diehard fan!
living in the midwest, i live in the indy area but travel to ciny, detroit and chicago a bit. i get crap every week for being a steelers fan. something steelerfan12 probally does not get living in the burgh.
I hear you loud and clear fellow Indiana Steelers bro. Only reason I'm out here is my mom and dad moved out here before I was born. If they wouldn't have moved I would have been born around the Burgh like them. But they installed that Pittsburgh Pride in me. I'm a diehard Steelers and Pirates fans. Yes thats right I love the Buccos as well and can't wait until the day they have a winning team again.

I must say I havn't seen alot of Steelers bandwagon jumpers out here in IN. After the Pats recent run. Pats fans started popping out all around me. But most of my friends are Bears fans. I have some that switch to the Bears or Colts. What ever which is good they root for. Alot of football fans do hate the Steelers. Like my boss who is a Dolphins fan. He tells me all the time. I got sick of the Steelers during the 1970's since they won all the time. Doesn't make sense to me since the Phins also won 2 Super Bowls that decade. but thats what he says. My Stepdad is a Bears fans. He said the same thing. He got sick of the Steelers winning all the time during the 1970's.

There are Steelers fans all over the world. Thats what makes Steeler Nation so great. I dated a girl from Germany. She had no clue about American Football. Her time with me I taught her all about football and the Steelers. Till this day she still follows the Steelers. She sent me a email when we won Super Bowl XL and she said she watched the game and tries to watch the Steelers when she can in Germany.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #5
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71
are they any less fans?

I live in MI and have been a Steeler fan for decades and will die a Steeler fan. I have been to one Lions game and that was the Lions/Steelers (the coin toss game).
I have no ties to Pittsburgh but I do attend a few steeler games a year. I am not even close to a bandwagoner. It is not easy being a Steeler fan in rival teritory, being a Steeler fan in Pittsburgh would be a cinch. When everyone you work with is also a Steeler fan, try being a Steeler fan where NFL alliances fall between Lions, Brown, Bengals, Colts, & Bears and you live in their territory and you work with these fans. Your relatives, your friends are fans of one of these team. A Steeler fan not living in Pittsburgh has alot to deal with. You NEVER hear one word when the Steeler team or Steeler team member does something good, but let happen like what happened to Ben last week and that is ALL you hear.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:21 PM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan12
u kno wat i hate! i hate the people that say there steeler fans from out of state but the only reason they like them is because there good! im not sayin names but if ur one of them come on u can do better than that! wat do u think!?

Steeler fan since 1974...Lived in Illinois all my life...My son is now 12 and bleeds gold/black and also lived in Illinois his whole life.

Some of you are too young to remember but in the middle and late 70's..you were a fan of either 1) your homestate team 2) Cowboys 3)Steelers ...(this was back in the day when you had 4 channels to choose from and as a kid YOU were the TV remote for you dad.)

The Steeler nation is made up of LOYAL fans from coast to coast and they have since grown into adults and now have kids... My boy has never been anything BUT a Steeler fan.

You can no more question an out-of-staters loyalty then I can question why you are not an Eagles fan.

When Pitt lost the AFC championship during Ben's Rookie season...I saw my tough pre-teen son get teary eyed....no false bad-jumping attitude there brother!

I notice that your profile mentions Madden football alot....How old did you say you were.

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 06-17-2006 at 12:26 PM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:46 PM   #7
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

They're just jealous because our team has more fans than their team. Plus, the Steelers fans invade opposing teams stadiums on road games... that has to hurt.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:55 PM   #8
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth
Steeler fan since 1974...Lived in Illinois all my life...My son is now 12 and bleeds gold/black and also lived in Illinois his whole life.

Some of you are too young to remember but in the middle and late 70's..you were a fan of either 1) your homestate team 2) Cowboys 3)Steelers ...(this was back in the day when you had 4 channels to choose from and as a kid YOU were the TV remote for you dad.)

The Steeler nation is made up of LOYAL fans from coast to coast and they have since grown into adults and now have kids... My boy has never been anything BUT a Steeler fan.

You can no more question an out-of-staters loyalty then I can question why you are not an Eagles fan.

When Pitt lost the AFC championship during Ben's Rookie season...I saw my tough pre-teen son get teary eyed....no false bad-jumping attitude there brother!

I notice that your profile mentions Madden football alot....How old did you say you were.
Your so right bro. My mom and dad moved to Indiana before I was born. You only had the choice of watching 4 channels. There was no NFL Sunday Ticket when you were growing up. Nobody should question our loyalty as out of stafe fans.

About your son getting teary eyed after lossing that AFC title game. One of my earliest Steelers memories is the Steelers lossing to the Denver Broncos in the playoffs. Bubby Brister was the QB so it was the late 1980's. I was so crushed and sad after that. So I can relate to your son. But Super Bowl XL made that go away for all of us fans that didn't experience the Steel Curtain glory days.

Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 06-17-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:07 PM   #9
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Your so right bro. My mom and dad moved to Indiana before I was born. You only had the choice of watching 4 channels. There was no NFL Sunday Ticket when you were growing up. Nobody should question our loyalty as out of stafe fans.

About your son getting teary eyed after lossing that AFC title game. One of my earliest Steelers memories is the Steelers lossing to the Denver Broncos in the playoffs. Bubby Brister was the QB so it was the late 1980's. I was so crushed and sad after that. So I can relate to your son. But Super Bowl XL made that go away for all of us fans that didn't experience the Steel Curtain glory days.
Exactly...my boy got to hear me talk about the 70's all his life....now I know that he will one day be talking to his boy about superbowl XL...

(only difference is he WILL be able to say that he saw this superbowl team play LIVE)
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:30 PM   #10
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth
Exactly...my boy got to hear me talk about the 70's all his life....now I know that he will one day be talking to his boy about superbowl XL...

(only difference is he WILL be able to say that he saw this superbowl team play LIVE)
Hell yea bro. Hey you were at the Steelers/Colts Monday night game right? I remember meeting and talking to a father and his son before the game that were Steelers fans and from IL. I wonder if that was you. But if the Steelers/Colts do play each other this year in the playoffs and the game is at Indy. We should meet up for the game?