Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #32
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911
Default Re: Harrison out!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Getting old sucks, but having seen the 70s Steelers live rather than on NFL Films is one benefit of being a codger
well-put!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #33
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,406 Times in 1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Totally fer sure!
Gag me with a spoon.

[YOUTUBE]489pO9q8guA[/YOUTUBE]

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #35
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Let Charlie Batch lead us to another 3-1 streak.....I'm in.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #36
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Goodell: "I guess we'll have to fine James again for another helmet-to-helmet hit. Probably about $50,000 this time to really set an example out.........."

Assistant: "Um....actually, this time the other guy hit him. It broke his eye-socket"

Goodell: "Good point. Just fine him $5,000"
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #37
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

[QUOTE=Rick5895;950711]We will miss James but looking back into the 90's when Greg Lloyd tore his patellar tendon and missed a season, we moved Chad Brown from ILB to OLB and Chad promptly became a pro bowl OLB in fact he had something like 13 sacks. Chad wasn't near the player Timmons is (IMO) so this really could unleash a beast in Lawrence. I would have rather seen Sly in there at ILB but there must something we don't know in regards to him. Perhaps he isn't picking up the intricacies of the D.[/QUOTE

Timmons potential is better than Chad Brown...To this point Chad Brown is the better player...
Old 10-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #38
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
It might get bad for Tomlin here soon. I welcome the pressure. He needs to get his head out of the sand.
I know, after three losing seasons, and going 0.000 so far this year, we will probably.....wait a minute...

...Are we talking about the same Mike Tomlin that is the youngest head coach to win the SB? Are we talking about the same Mike Tomlin that is like 48-22, took us to the SB 2 out of his first 4 seasons, and got us win 6 in his second season? Are we talking about the same Mike Tomlin that has coached the league's best defense for 3 out of his 4 seasons here? Are we talking about the Mike Tomlin that coached what was historically one of the best defenses in 2008?

REALLY? Are you telling me that all it takes is 2 LOSSES for the "NFL's best fanbase" to cancel all this out and turn on their head coach?

Fxxking sad.....the sky is falling.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #39
wera176
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
I know, after three losing seasons, and going 0.000 so far this year, we will probably.....wait a minute...

...Are we talking about the same Mike Tomlin that is the youngest head coach to win the SB? Are we talking about the same Mike Tomlin that is like 48-22, took us to the SB 2 out of his first 4 seasons, and got us win 6 in his second season? Are we talking about the same Mike Tomlin that has coached the league's best defense for 3 out of his 4 seasons here? Are we talking about the Mike Tomlin that coached what was historically one of the best defenses in 2008?

REALLY? Are you telling me that all it takes is 2 LOSSES for the "NFL's best fanbase" to cancel all this out and turn on their head coach?

Fxxking sad.....the sky is falling.
Agree.

Bottom line is that we Steeler fans are spoiled, spoiled rotten. As soon as we struggle the fan-base goes ape and wants to change everything. We act like spoiled little punks, "If we had picked the draft pick I wanted" or "I told you so" or "see, so-and-so does suck.." or..

I'm from the Pitt area (Butler) but have lived in Cincinnati since '90 and I will tell you they would KILL to have the problems the Steelers have. I had a football savy Bungle fan tell me once after Ben had one of his less-than -stellar games that he'd still take him on the Bungles any time. The fans (the few that are left) still bemoan the fact that the Bungels "lost" Dick LeBeau. Name the last coach of Tomlin's caliber on either the Bungles or the Stains? Dave Shula anyone? When the Bungles made it to the play-offs a few years ago, there were people old enough to legally drink that didn't remember the last time the Bengals were even IN the play-offs. When I was told that by a buddy of mine at the bar, I was kinda shocked, but it was true.

Being a Steeler fan is easy....
wera176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #40
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera176 View Post
Agree.

Bottom line is that we Steeler fans are spoiled, spoiled rotten. As soon as we struggle the fan-base goes ape and wants to change everything. We act like spoiled little punks, "If we had picked the draft pick I wanted" or "I told you so" or "see, so-and-so does suck.." or..

I'm from the Pitt area (Butler) but have lived in Cincinnati since '90 and I will tell you they would KILL to have the problems the Steelers have. I had a football savy Bungle fan tell me once after Ben had one of his less-than -stellar games that he'd still take him on the Bungles any time. The fans (the few that are left) still bemoan the fact that the Bungels "lost" Dick LeBeau. Name the last coach of Tomlin's caliber on either the Bungles or the Stains? Dave Shula anyone? When the Bungles made it to the play-offs a few years ago, there were people old enough to legally drink that didn't remember the last time the Bengals were even IN the play-offs. When I was told that by a buddy of mine at the bar, I was kinda shocked, but it was true.

Being a Steeler fan is easy....
Absolutely agree with everything you have said.
Granted we have some deficiencies and a couple of players have lost a step. There are mental mistakes being made on the field, that happens. The positives, however, far outweigh the negaitves with this team. We have a good core of young players (if they ever see the field, lol) We are lacking on the OL, but I'm confident that will be addressed in the near future. We are a lot closer to dominating the NFL again than we are to being a bad team.
We are now seeing the benefits of drafting these LB's (injuries to Harrisn and Worilds), This may be a tough year but we will be back on the top of the mountain sooner rather than later. There are lots of fans in the NFL that wish thier teams had our problems.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote