Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts
Default Ben likey to play; Other injury updates

There was good news as far as quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who was injured against the Texans.

“Ben had his foot x-rayed, MRI, thankfully nothing is broken,” said Tomlin. “It is a sprain. It may limit him at the early portions of the week. We anticipate him being able to participate in this football game.”

Tomlin also provided the following injury update: “Cortez Allen has a right ankle sprain that will make him questionable, Casey Hampton has a right shoulder contusion that will limit him and we’ll see how he works this week. Rashard Mendenhall has a right hamstring strain that may limit him at the early portions of this week. Mewelde Moore has a left ankle sprain that is more severe, his participation in this game is questionable. Aaron Smith has a right mid-foot sprain and his participation in this game is extremely questionable.”

Tomlin is hoping to get some players back on the field this week that have missed time with injuries, including guard Doug Legursky, tackle Jonathan Scott and cornerback Bryant McFadden.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...9-c5405376c6fc

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943
Default Re: Ben likey to play; Other injury updates

Happy to hear Ben may play. Not so excited about Scott and McFadden, but I guess we need the bodies.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

I hate to say it but maybe Smith being out will be good. He seems to be getting pushed all over the filed this year. I don't really think it matters about the oline. We have a bunch of back ups and Puncey (who for some reason is looking not so great this year too) and Ben will end up dead by year end.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
I hate to say it but maybe Smith being out will be good. He seems to be getting pushed all over the filed this year. I don't really think it matters about the oline. We have a bunch of back ups and Puncey (who for some reason is looking not so great this year too) and Ben will end up dead by year end.
I kind of wonder if Pouncey's poor performance is a result of the putrid mess around him and him trying to do too much. At least I hope that's all it is.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,113 Times in 2,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
I kind of wonder if Pouncey's poor performance is a result of the putrid mess around him and him trying to do too much. At least I hope that's all it is.
I think he has aggravated last year's ankle injury and has hamstring problems - which is no explanation for why he channeled his inner Kemo with the personal foul when the Steelers would have had first and goal from the 5 at the end of the first half in Houston

So far it has been a messed up season - if the Steelers lose to the Titans Sunday it will start to look like 2006 (when teh season was over by early November)
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I think he has aggravated last year's ankle injury and has hamstring problems - which is no explanation for why he channeled his inner Kemo with the personal foul when the Steelers would have had first and goal from the 5 at the end of the first half in Houston

So far it has been a messed up season - if the Steelers lose to the Titans Sunday it will start to look like 2006 (when teh season was over by early November)
Oh, he gets no pass from me on that bonehead penalty! I was screaming at the TV on that one.

Everybody's entitled to a brain-fart now and then though, but that was all on him.

Stunning how that Titties game is all of a sudden looking a hell of a lot tougher now than it did 4 weeks ago between our team's lackluster play and the better-than-expected play of Hasselbeck and the Titans. I'm definitely going to be anxious come 1pm Sunday afternoon.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote