Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
California-Steel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11917
Default Says it all

Here is a weekly vid cast right off the Steelers web site called "Chalk Talk". http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...6-d8f249fc3f7e At the very end of the show Tunch Ilkin made a great statement with regards to the O-line. He said with this young O-line that two things needs to happen.

1. BA needs to adjust his game plan to help the O-line with and extra TE and a RB to help block.

and

2. Ben needs to get rid of the ball quicker, or the ball needs to come out quicker. (Could also be saying that BA needs to call a game plan with shorter routes and quicker throws). Still it is up to Ben to get the ball out of his hands.

To me that says it all in a nutshell. BA needs to go because we all know he will not change anything for any reason. And Ben is just Ben and only knows one way to play. So in knowing both of those things this team can only be good when everything is perfect. Well if that is the case, do we really even need an elite QB or even an O-coordinator? Hell just give us the best O-line in the game and anyone can call the plays and anyone can QB the offense. No game planning needed, No coaching needed, nothing, just have the biggest best players that are just head and shoulders better than the rest of the league. Like having a cheat in a video game where you cannot die. What good is that?

That is what I get from many on here. Well we don't have an O-line that can stop anyone so that is why we suck. Well then figure something out. I coach kids that compete in fighting and when I see that the kid across from them is better I don't say well you will just have to wait until you are better. I figure something out. Is that not what a game is and why we play? If someone is bigger, then we use speed. If some is faster, then we use setups and anticipation.

Seems to me that the Steelers just look at it as we can't do what we normally do and then just lose. Figure something out and adapt and find a way to do it differently. This O-line excuse is just that an excuse. If you know you can't block then don't block and screen to the unblockable side. If you can't do that then do something else. Stop running into the wall thinking that it will fall. Go around the damn thing. If you cannot keep players off of your QB for 3 seconds (more than enough time in the NFL to get rid of the ball for even the long passes) then stop calling those plays. If running up the middle is not working then stop running up the middle. But most of all stop using the O-line sucks as an excuse. Make it better by keeping the defense honest. How do you do that? By not doing the same things that don't work.