Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-09-2011, 12:27 AM   #21
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,368 Times in 568 Posts
Default Re: The walls are finally starting to cave in

Our fanbase when we see Ben in the shotgun just waiting to get sacked on 3rd and 11:

http://youtu.be/1vHRMeRszw4
Old 10-09-2011, 12:35 AM   #22
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Us when Arians calls a bubble screen to Hines Ward for -1 yards:

http://youtu.be/umDr0mPuyQc
Old 10-09-2011, 12:39 AM   #23
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Our reaction to seeing our run defense get gashed so far though 4 games:

Old 10-09-2011, 12:55 AM   #24
PINDEL1
Water Boy

Member Number: 5787

I think that the bust of OL Urbik last year has hurt them. That I did not expect. I wonder if Kuegler had some responsibility for that one?

Fact is they have been transitioning for some time and have done really well so far.
Don't forget they have lost Faneca and Bettis and have made it back to the SB.

The sudden failure of the DL this year is rather puzzling. IMO it is not Hampton who is at fault.

Hey they have been draft picking at the bottom for many many years. They have done a fantastic job. I would venture to say there is no team in the league that can match there record in the past 2 decades.

I am with the team all the way win or lose. There is no doubt in my mind the org. knows what they are doing better than I.
It just amazes how people on this board spout the obvious and think they know more than the org. It is obvious to me that our org, knows a helluve lot more that the other 31 NFL org.
PINDEL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:30 AM   #25
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Will somebody ban this mother****er already???
Old 10-09-2011, 06:35 AM   #26
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878
My Mood: Amused

[youtube]6bbIBs0P2t0[/youtube]
Old 10-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #27
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,043 Times in 1,786 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Breath in and out, it'll be ok. Sky isn't falling, it's my blood pressure rising every time I read a panic post.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #28
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSteel View Post
I have been saying for a while now that I believe the Steelers were in decline over the past few years. I said back in January that if the Steelers didn't win the SB that it would be a while before they make it back. The defense is old, the offensive line is in shambles and the $100 million QB is getting pounded every game. The rebuilding starts now and will take some time which is unfortunate for guys like Ward, Farrior, Harrison and Troy who will likely not see another Super Sunday.

This year has been a disaster from the get go and I believe that it will only continue to spiral downward. The D can't stop the run anymore and the O line can't hold a fly back. This was a season that many predicted the Steelers would dominate in and now they have everyone questioning whether they can even beat the Browns or the Bengals. All of these "cakewalk" games suddenly don't look so easy anymore do they?

The most frustrating part to me is that this has not been a secret for years now and the FO has done little about, just watching as things continue to fall apart all around. While I understand their reluctance in free agency, it's maddening at times to watch quality players that could make an immediate impact passed by year after year. Ben has been getting the poop knocked out of him for years now and yet the same rag tag group of O linemen continue to have jobs here allowing Ben to take it on the chin game after game.

BA's playcalling blows my mind as well. He is insistent on calling plays that take forever and a day to develop knowing full well that the O line can't keep defenders off of Ben for more than 2 seconds. Start adjusting the game plan to allow Ben to get rid of the ball faster. Who gives a shit about 50+ yard bombs? The Pats and the Pack and the Saints play the dink and dunk game and last time I looked their offenses were doing pretty well. Not only do they move the ball up and down the field, they take huge chunks of time off the clock as well, keeping the ball out of the opposing teams hands and wearing down their defense. But BA thinks he's too smart for that apparently. Instead, two run plays up the gut on 1st and 2nd down for 1-2 yards and then a 3rd and long that results in a 3 and out is more his style, not to mention the stupid bubble screens. This results in many 3 and outs for the Steeler offense and more pressure on the aging D to hold the other team. This wears them down and they get no help from the offense whatsoever.

I fully expect Ben to get sacked 4+ times on Sunday and possibly get injured worse than he is. I also expect the run game to get stuffed once again and Ben have little time to find open receivers. This is fast turning into a train wreck.

But, then again, the Steelers could come out Sunday and blow out the Titans while clicking on all cylinders. The offense could make big play after big play and the D could dominate and cause turnover after turnover. They could finally get things straightened out and roll the rest of the season while on theirr way to a rematch with the Pack in the SB and be putting number 7 in the case in February. Yeah, and then I woke up....
It never gets old making fun of you gloom and doomers when you show your asses. Tell thumper we would of won by 50 pts if only we had plaxico for me....
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #29
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,043 Times in 1,786 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
It never gets old making fun of you gloom and doomers when you show your asses. Tell thumper we would of won by 50 pts if only we had plaxico for me....
I'm not sure if Wicked is truly a fan of Pittsburgh. I mean sure, he may think he is, in his own mind. But I just don't see it. Every time I see a post of his, it's negative. He lives in a world we're the sky is constantly falling around him.

Listen wicked, every team deserves criticism when they do bad. But it seems to me that's the only time you post, when we do bad. I enjoy weeks in which we win, because I almost rarely see a post of your's, unless you're complaining that we should have won 50-0, and not 24-0.

Please, have some faith in the team you claim to be a fan of.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #30
WickedSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I'm not sure if Wicked is truly a fan of Pittsburgh. I mean sure, he may think he is, in his own mind. But I just don't see it. Every time I see a post of his, it's negative. He lives in a world we're the sky is constantly falling around him.

Listen wicked, every team deserves criticism when they do bad. But it seems to me that's the only time you post, when we do bad. I enjoy weeks in which we win, because I almost rarely see a post of your's, unless you're complaining that we should have won 50-0, and not 24-0.

Please, have some faith in the team you claim to be a fan of.
See my post in the game ball thread before you go on another rant about how someone DARES vent frustrations about their favorite team.
WickedSteel is offline   Reply With Quote